The WvW Skirmish Reward Track Takes Far Too Long To Complete

Kori Jenkins.9017

4 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Why would you link that?

Use the calculator. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/WvW_skirmish_pip_query?

Half of 365 is just under 183 which is ~11 hours with no WvW rank. If you're last place you're more likely to be outnumbered unless you sit in EBG queues all the time.

Also why do you think your alt should get legendary armor quicker than other players?

If anything the rewards in terms of mystic clovers and payoff for emblems could be looked at and grandmaster mark shards be replaced with grandmaster marks. Asking for skirmish tickets to made more easy (as opposed to linear acquisition per tier) is just a slap in the face to everyone that did it normally.

Also why are tickets all of a sudden an issue when people had no such issues with Warbringer (2800 tickets)?

---------

Plus I doubt people actually are WvW players if they keep complaining about "rewards versus other modes" and then suggest a reduction in skirmish tickets required. Why? WvW players used to lose gold per hour if commanding or upgrading structures or even repairing armor on death.

We're in a far better situation now, even omega golems are below 1 gold each.

However, the way to increase rewards is to increase payoff for things like emblems , not reducing skirmish ticket requirements. As Zikory pointed out, it's rather obvious people are only interested in legendary trinket/armor and not there for the sake of WvW.

Even beyond that, if people actually cared about WvW as a gamemode they would ask for a reduction in WvW mastery rank required (for warclaw/gliding/autoloot/supply running/cata mastery/etc) and not skirmish ticket requirements.

Examples of actually useful threads:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/77663-emblem-of-avenger-and-conqueror/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/89722-add-in-daily-weekly-and-monthly-vendors-into-wvw/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/97037-item-list-that-should-be-added-to-the-skirmish-ticket-vendor/?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/74705-sell-emblems-of-the-avenger-for-other-wvw-currency/

(OLD) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/20527-wvw-quality-of-life-requests/

Improving revenue streams:
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/73492-skins-for-towers-keeps-npc-guards-etc/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/88705-fix-wvw-and-monetize-siegeobjective-skins-over-transfers/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/61888-how-can-anet-monetize-wvw-more-without-being-p2w/

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/49178-anet-needs-to-monetize-wvw-with-more-skins-going-forward

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/44512-monetizing-wvw-without-breaking-it/

(OLD) https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/16312-will-you-pay-gems-for-wvw-cosmetics/

I'm sorry, but why are you talking about mastery ranks and emblem requirements in a thread about the skirmish claim ticket costs?  

1 hour ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

If you “wvw players” “don’t care” about the tickets/reward why the big push back on changing it so that newer players and players that do care about getting the tickets/rewards can earn them quicker? 🤔

Changes have already been made to make the WvW armor more accessible.  I feel like there is no lower limit to the requirement that will stop people from complaining.

Update - August 11, 2020

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

Update - August 8, 2017

Being in first place with war score now grants 5 pips instead of 3.
Being in second place with war score now grants 4 pips instead of 2.
Being in third place with war score now grants 3 pips instead of 1.
WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets have been reduced in the last chest of each division but have been added to every chest.

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Abjurer.9302 said:

Changes have already been made to make the WvW armor more accessible.  I feel like there is no lower limit to the requirement that will stop people from complaining.

Update - August 11, 2020

World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.

Update - August 8, 2017

Being in first place with war score now grants 5 pips instead of 3.
Being in second place with war score now grants 4 pips instead of 2.
Being in third place with war score now grants 3 pips instead of 1.
WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets have been reduced in the last chest of each division but have been added to every chest.

Maybe because the lower limit is still far above PvE. I can run Auric Basin at reset every night, spend a whole 30mins from start to finish, and make more gold and get Ascended armor faster (via crafting) than I ever could from WvW.

The only thing WvW Ascended armor is useful for is being a precursor to the Legendary armor, otherwise it sucks., as do almost all rewards for the game mode excepting the few things that are easier to get than they are in PvE from the Reward Tracks, like dungeon rewards for players who don't like to group up.

We up here getting Grandmaster Mark Shards, of which you need ten of them to make a single Mark, meanwhile I can go into Fractals and spend literally 10% of the time for the same thing. The Mystic Coins and Mystic Clovers are kind of good, but beyond that, you better enjoy the game mode because its a huge waste of time if you're trying to get any gold, resources, or gear. That's all I have to say about it.

If PvE offered Legendary armor crafting without raids, WvW rewards would have negative value.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 5

I play WvW for the multiplayer and never consider my time there as part of a grind.

As someone who played from the beginning when there was no rewards for WvW, there were times that I would have to leave and grind PVE to get gold to pay for upgrade fees, unlock skins, or spend endless time clicking in the mystic forge to convert my karma to crafting materials for ascended gear since I had no gold.  It is the PVE part of the game that I consider a grind.

To me the rewards are free bonuses since I would continue to spend the same amount of time in WvW regardless of the rewards.

Edited by Abjurer.9302
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Telling me to not try and get legendary armor in WvW is proof positive that they're too expensive.

Alright, then I'm also telling you to defiently not try to get PvE or sPvP armor as that is proof positive they are even more expensive making WvW armor cheap in comparison.

Please dont tell you already have any sPvP or PvE armor. That totally mess up this calculation making WvW armor look even cheaper.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Adding both of those together, and assuming a VERY low WvW rank of Silver Rank (620), which barely qualifies as WvW player, or Gold Rank (1395), which is far more realistic for players who have dabbled in WvW over the years without going hardcore into the mode, puts you at sub 20 hours easy per week for diamond (and again, getting diamond is NOT a necessity for people with time constraints. We are already talking farming mentality here, unless you are enjoying your time in the mode, at which point it becomes a non issue).

Someone could spend 100% of their playtime in WvW but either have limited playtime, be a newer player, or both....and by your metric wouldn't be a WvW player. I fall into both of those categories and my rank is really lower - but WvW is the only gamemode I play.

From my limited time in the mode I don't expect to be anywhere NEAR obtaining Legendary Armour, but it sucks to have people say I'm not a WvW player.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I stopped reading there.  I haven't seen you make an argument in good faith for years, and you aren't breaking that streak with this one.  

No.  They take too much time.  Telling me to not try and get legendary armor in WvW is proof positive that they're too expensive.  There's nothing to stop you from both playing to have fun AND have your time being rewarding.  You don't lose out on a reduction in skirmish ticket costs for war insights.  It doesn't matter how much fun you have when there's only 24 hours in a day.  It doesn't matter if you can acquire legendary armor easier in other modes: WvW is still too expensive.  

and you've been sharing your "knowledge" about things for years, without actually participating in the content.

I'm sorry yousuddenly decided to start raiding because legendary gear became interesting to you (yes, I noticed your LFG in the forum).

I'm sorry you didn't play WvW for years and suddenky decided that you needed the legendary armor from there asap. I was merely disagreeing with your claim that you are an active longer term WvW player, because that you are not. You are a recent "I want the best loot asap" player, just like others in this thread.

That does not mean this game modes rewards need be balanced around your sudden mood or desire swings. You don't NEED legendary armor in 22 weeks. You WANT legendary armor in 22 weeks. There is a difference.

You are the prime example of player who is only reward driven (nothing wrong in that), but who also demands rewards be changed in his favor because he wants them NOW (this is the one I take issue with). Don't worry though, you'll be done in 22 weeks and can leave WvW behind you. Just count the days. The rest of us who enjoy the mode for what it's worth, we'll have to deal with the fallout of bad reward design even after you have your legendary and are long gone.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

Someone could spend 100% of their playtime in WvW but either have limited playtime, be a newer player, or both....and by your metric wouldn't be a WvW player. I fall into both of those categories and my rank is really lower - but WvW is the only gamemode I play.

From my limited time in the mode I don't expect to be anywhere NEAR obtaining Legendary Armour, but it sucks to have people say I'm not a WvW player.

Which is perfectly possible.

The promise on release of GW2 was: you can play near anything you want, and you will always make progress towards some goal you have set.

This is not synonymous with: you get end game rewards asap.

As far as limited play time,  I know enough WvW players with linited play time, yes it takes longer to get the rewards. That hasn't diminshed their enjoyment of the mode, and I haven't seen the argument "I want the rewards faster/now" nesrly as much as the recent wave of PvE players who are there only for the rewards.

There is no solution for reward access via gameplay means for players with limited play time. You are in the wrong genre of game here. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to decide who's a real Scottsman and who isn't. 

Skirmish tickets are back-loaded, such that 47% are located in the final two tiers of each week.  At bronze rank, if you played this game for an hour every night that would put you on average at 504 total pips for the week.  That puts you halfway into gold, coming to an unusually convenient number of 100 skirmish tickets a week.  That is... 27% of what you could possibly earn each week.  Playing WvW at that rate would take you 79 weeks to acquire enough tickets for legendary armor.  That is a year and a half.  That is an awful lot of arbitrary requirements just to declare oneself a real WvW player.

That's part of what surprises me over all of this.  With GW2 being loaded full of players who hate the grind, ironically WvW legendary armor is the grindiest thing I've ever seen in an MMO.  Maybe I can compare it to Runescape's Completionist's Cape (requiring maxed out stats in every skill), but I'm not sure that would require 440 cumulative hours of gameplay to acquire.  At this point I think the people defending this are vets who want to hang on to their prestige, contrarians trolling, or incognito devs trying to defend their decisions.

• Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

That's part of what surprises me over all of this.  With GW2 being loaded full of players who hate the grind, ironically WvW legendary armor is the grindiest thing I've ever seen in an MMO.

I got the legendary WvW armor without any grind whatsoever, so you are wrong. It is not meant to be something you grind for, it is meant as long term reward for WvW mains, who don't do a whole lot of PvE or sPvP. And it fits that purpose perfectly. If anything it is too easy to get considering how many PvE players choose to go that route instead of getting legendary armor from "their" preferred game mode

And again, it isn't only "no grind" for those who enjoy WvW, it is also completely optional, so those who don't like the game mode, can just skip it without losing out on anything of relevance.

Btw, it took me more than 2 years! until i got gift of exploration and a few years more until i had the gold and materials to actually craft legendary weapons. Yes it is possible to aquice that stuff faster, but then it turns into real and mindnumbing grind. Which i didn't want to go through - and luckily i didn't had to. Still don't have legendary trinktes with the exception of the WvW ring, because those require way too much boring PvE grind for me - and that's ok.

That's the great part about GW2 - the "grindy" stuff is all optional, which is why it is such a good game for players who don't like grind - like myself - and legendary armor is no exception.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's fine as it is.

Also, I'm seeing the sentiment "but, for new players it's weely, weely haaaard" everywhere at the moment.

Like new players are a species apart, or suffering a disability of some kind, or something. They're not. We were all new players once upon a time.

Like I said in some other thread...

Being a new player is a temporary thing. If it's in any way seen as an affliction by some people, don't worry, it'll soon wear off.

• Confused 2

On 8/23/2021 at 10:18 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'm doing it for legendary armor right now.  22 weeks at 24 hours a week is pretty brutal.  I don't see how any normal person is reasonably expected to accomplish this, since it is essentially a part-time job on top of whatever else they do. 

I made both Warbringer and Conflux working a full time job and having chores at home to do. It's not especially hard. In fact it only requires you to play for 2m intervals every 12m or so. You can do plenty of stuff in-between.

Vision was way worse. I had to do all the boring LW4 map achievement stuff from scratch since I never bothered to do anything at all in those maps except whatever Story bollocks was in them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2021 at 9:18 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I'm doing it for legendary armor right now.  22 weeks at 24 hours a week is pretty brutal.  I don't see how any normal person is reasonably expected to accomplish this, since it is essentially a part-time job on top of whatever else they do. 

I think you're confusing brutality with something just taking a long time to accomplish, as intended, for BIS gear, that's not required.

It took me the best part of two years to get a full set of each weight of WvW armour. It was a long-term goal, and something I enjoyed chipping away at as I also enjoyed playing the game mode.

I was still working my way through additional sets when the legendary armoury arrived. Now I have no long term goal in WvW. I'm probably in a minority of players, actually, who think that the armoury (despite being a major QoL upgrade) is a mistake, and perhaps even harmful to end-game in terms of goal-setting. I never need to earn, buy or craft any armour ever again, unless I like the skin. Kind of a shame, really. Oh well.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

My 10K rank friend who has 3 alts did not make such a complaint, and they leveled 1095 levels on their alt account this past year.

Ok, I think we have a situation where we are not seeing things through the same lens...again...I am not complaining for myself...your friend who is obviously very devoted to WvW (very few have 10k rank) and enjoys lots of WvW is not complaining...try to put yourself in the shoes of a completely new player that has no other main account they could mail resources from to help move things along and has no prior experience in playing WvW.  My goal is to attract new players into WvW, as without new players, WvW will die off before the rest of the game does.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pacificterror.7805 said:

Don't over think that comment when it comes to rank. It's more in reference to long time players that have dabbled in WvW for events or dailies and are now going full in because of Legendary Armory. Especially those with the play time. Now that there is something they want, they want it to be farmable. You a WvW player brother. 

2 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Ok, I think we have a situation where we are not seeing things through the same lens...again...I am not complaining for myself...your friend who is obviously very devoted to WvW (very few have 10k rank) and enjoys lots of WvW is not complaining...try to put yourself in the shoes of a completely new player that has no other main account they could mail resources from to help move things along and has no prior experience in playing WvW.  My goal is to attract new players into WvW, as without new players, WvW will die off before the rest of the game does.

Any WvW veteran that is against improving the new player experience for WvW is trash. Sadly this thread has devolved into "gimme legendary armor". They don't care about low ranks or new players. Its sad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Look I was one of the first people to tag up when warclaw was new and help people out that were just there for warclaw. When people ask how to get warclaw I help them out instead of trolling them in team/map chat and I'm one of the few people that edits the WvW section on the wiki. When guildmates that don't WvW want to do it I guide them through it so they aren't clueless. What experience has shown me is people just there for rewards want to get their shinies, not do anything for it except stand in the capping circle, and leave. Even worse some players bring core rangers or druids when you're trying to stealth push which is worse than them not being there (i.e. zero preparation similar to running zerk druid or power mirage in a raid). That's why when someone says "WvW has less gold income" and then suggests a reduction in skirmish tickets required and not an improvement in actual play rewards that WvW players could use (i.e. clovers for emblems, a new sharpening stone station recipe that uses emblems, legendary spike value increase,  or grandmaster mark shards replaced by grandmaster marks) it is highly suspicious.

There's a stark difference between players that were playing WVW before it was even break even (i.e. when you paid to repair your armor and omega golems were over 2 gold each). If you're on the same server or guild group of people those players have name recognition more or less *. Now it is past break even for the most part (siege is from skirmish chests ; repair fees gone, upgrading structure costs removed, ascended feasts usually dropped in keeps and spawn) , mistforged armor was reduced to 500 ranks (not even enough for full WvW masteries...), and what next?  I think Cyninja was one of the people adamantly against the reduction to 500 ranks from 2000 WvW rank for mistforged, I wasn't really a fan of the reduction but I figured enticing players into the mode wasn't as large a problem as some WvW players made it out to be since the skirmish ticket cost did not change (about 1K tickets for chest and about 800 tickets for legpiece if you include triumphant hero). If skirmish ticket acquisition is changed, that means it becomes something that is even more meaningless.

If people want to improve the new player experience then gliding, autoloot, supply lines, and warclaw should be fewer WvW mastery ranks.  That's something that would actually benefit newer players and not veteran WvW players who have more ranks than they can level masteries with. Right now it is 1226 WvW ranks to max masteries, which is Silver Colonel or above : if you use the 2 WvW rank daily achievement as baseline it means someone would need to spend 613 days. Nobody is complaining about that which is a far larger issue than skirmish tickets.

As I stated above in the thread, I would not be opposed to a linearity of the skirmish rewards such that half the pips is half the tickets. What is baffling though is the suggestion that it should be acquired much faster.

* The son of one of my WvW friends (that passed away about 2 years back due to complications from smoking) is trying to get his father's account to 10K (for which you get 2 blues and a green besides the title) from 8K-ish. We were all baffled when his account was logged in and it was eerie , that's what I mean by name recognition. You can tell right away when it isn't the same person behind the keyboard.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

I think you're confusing brutality with something just taking a long time to accomplish, as intended, for BIS gear, that's not required.

It took me the best part of two years to get a full set of each weight of WvW armour. It was a long-term goal, and something I enjoyed chipping away at as I also enjoyed playing the game mode.

I was still working my way through additional sets when the legendary armoury arrived. Now I have no long term goal in WvW. I'm probably in a minority of players, actually, who think that the armoury (despite being a major QoL upgrade) is a mistake, and perhaps even harmful to end-game in terms of goal-setting. I never need to earn, buy or craft any armour ever again, unless I like the skin. Kind of a shame, really. Oh well.

It's not a confusion.  It's personal.  I have a debilitating pain disorder that focuses around my wrists and hands.  It isn't too bad when something can be done in a few hours in a week, but playing WvW as a part time job is agonizing.  My hands now tingle and itch, and I have to put ice on them regularly.

So yes, it is brutal.  

2 hours ago, Kanok.3027 said:

An update from my post, to show it can be done, even casually.

Easily finished Diamond. Actually, this was annoying, waiting 5 mins for one more pip, but it was easy.

https://imgur.com/a/38gBLeX

If a casual in WvW can do it, you can too. Rank is 120. Lovin it!

And how many hours do you consider is casual? Completing diamond would take 20-30 hours a week by your rank unless you spend the entire time on an outnumbered map. That’s not casual gameplay per week, thats a part time job.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

And how many hours do you consider is casual? Completing diamond would take 20-30 hours a week by your rank unless you spend the entire time on an outnumbered map. That’s not casual gameplay per week, thats a part time job.

I spent between 30 mins and a couple hours a day in WvW, with maps that would constantly shift between outnumbered and nothing. Getting between 3 and 9 pips. I'd join a squad to kill some folks, or capture a few camps, etc. You know, play WvW a bit. it's not that difficult.

5 minutes ago, Kanok.3027 said:

I spent between 30 mins and a couple hours a day in WvW, with maps that would constantly shift between outnumbered and nothing. Getting between 3 and 9 pips. I'd join a squad to kill some folks, or capture a few camps, etc. You know, play WvW a bit. it's not that difficult.

So between 15-20 hours worth?

• Like 2

I don't know how this thread degraded, especially into comments about who is a real WvW player, how easy it is to obtain ranks, or spend alot of time in WvW and things like that. They're assumptions, and misunderstandings.

First off, alot of us are disabled, with disabilties like Carpel Tunnel, or general RSI. And we're not the only ones, all of you will start to have these problems as you get older. They happen to almost anyone who use computers alot, and especially to people who write software or play video games, two very demanding tasks.

What these types of disabilities do is limit your playtime, because after a while your hands, wrists and sometimes even arms start to cramp up, go numb or eventually just stop responding to mental commands entirely. So you need either frequent breaks, or to stop playing entirely past a certain point.

Secondly, and this may seem obvious, but alot of people work so much that when they come home at the end of the day, they may have only one single hour to devote to everything they want to do in their "free time", and of these a single video game is likely one of the least important. Yet alot of us do it, anyway. Sure, you may have that occasional wild weekend, where you play all day, but for the most part some people are lucky to get in even 7-14 hours a week, and if they're playing the new content that time has to be split between WvW and Festivals, new PvE story, etc.

Lastly, for most of this game's lifetime it ran like a potato even on high-end computers. Its a well-known fact that the engine was always in a bad way, no matter what kind of hardware you ran it on. Throw in Linux or Mac (which didn't have technologies like DXVK or native ports for much of that time), and the situation is even worse.

I've played this game for over eight years, yet for most of that time I was only Bronze rank because I couldn't join in zergs due to performance issues. And if you think defenders, roamers, and scouts get any real WXP, you're delusional. The bulk of WXP comes purely from zerging, and much of it came from Edge of the Mists. When I see Diamond Ranks I don't see dedicated players, I see players who hyperboosted and megazerged their way to 10k on trains both in EotM and EBG after it was nerfed, and that's just the unfortunate reality alot of the time.

What happened to people trying to understand other people at all in this era..

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

I don't know how this thread degraded, especially into comments about who is a real WvW player, how easy it is to obtain ranks, or spend alot of time in WvW and things like that. They're assumptions, and misunderstandings.

First off, alot of us are disabled, with disabilties like Carpel Tunnel, or general RSI. And we're not the only ones, all of you will start to have these problems as you get older. They happen to almost anyone who use computers alot, and especially to people who write software or play video games, two very demanding tasks.

What these types of disabilities do is limit your playtime, because after a while your hands, wrists and sometimes even arms start to cramp up, go numb or eventually just stop responding to mental commands entirely. So you need either frequent breaks, or to stop playing entirely past a certain point.

Secondly, and this may seem obvious, but alot of people work so much that when they come home at the end of the day, they may have only one single hour to devote to everything they want to do in their "free time", and of these a single video game is likely one of the least important. Yet alot of us do it, anyway. Sure, you may have that occasional wild weekend, where you play all day, but for the most part some people are lucky to get in even 7-14 hours a week, and if they're playing the new content that time has to be split between WvW and Festivals, new PvE story, etc.

Lastly, for most of this game's lifetime it ran like a potato even on high-end computers. Its a well-known fact that the engine was always in a bad way, no matter what kind of hardware you ran it on. Throw in Linux or Mac (which didn't have technologies like DXVK or native ports for much of that time), and the situation is even worse.

I've played this game for over eight years, yet for most of that time I was only Bronze rank because I couldn't join in zergs due to performance issues. And if you think defenders, roamers, and scouts get any real WXP, you're delusional. The bulk of WXP comes purely from zerging, and much of it came from Edge of the Mists. When I see Diamond Ranks I don't see dedicated players, I see players who hyperboosted and megazerged their way to 10k on trains both in EotM and EBG after it was nerfed, and that's just the unfortunate reality alot of the time.

What happened to people trying to understand other people at all in this era..

You really are a unique case if you played 19K hours per your signature , played for years , are bronze rank , and actually play WvW even at all just for dailies (it's 2 ranks for a daily WvW rank up chest with WvW potions).  I played mesmer in core days and I still was able to pass bronze back then mostly roaming and hiding in keeps for hours at a time on reset nights sometimes.

There's plenty of retired people that play WVW and are quite high rank so don't think that just because you are old (per your claim) that you are a special case. If you're not retirement age you really aren't that old. One of the 10k rank players I used to run with is a grandfather and one of the 40K AP retired (as in from work not WvW) players is something like 7K WVW rank.

There really isn't a demand for scouts after marked and watchtower tactics were added to the game and even if you do scout you can ask a commander to give you scout designation, which means that you get skirmish pips regardless (which is what the topic is about).

Also what you  wrote is playing the pity card and expecting the entire game to be balanced around RSI or whatever issues.  Jumping puzzles aren't for example and I have difficulty with some of them as well. You're also cursing everyone who doesn't have that problem and that is really not okay. Frequent breaks are possible within the current skirmish reward system and sometimes entire guilds take 5-10 minute breaks at spawn (annoying for everyone else).

I had a 2nd gen and 4th gen i5 (i.e. 2011 technology) up until Ryzen and with low model quality and count I was able to get ~20-30 FPS in WVW before using dxvk. So unless someone is on a laptop that is below min spec CPU-wise it's playable. On Linux if you were able to use GPU passthrough then pre-dxvk isn't an issue.

As I pointed out above in prior posts, if you can't play that long it will just take more time for the reward, I don't see how that is a problem : that holds true for everything , even openworld legendaries. It's the same for PVE raids or PVP. If you don't fullclear all wings, you will just take longer. If you don't complete Byzantium in PVP ranked then it actually is worse if you're going for legendary armor because you will be missing league tickets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

And if you think defenders, roamers, and scouts get any real WXP, you're delusional.

No.

The bulk of WXP comes purely from zerging, and much of it came from Edge of the Mists. When I see Diamond Ranks I don't see dedicated players, I see players who hyperboosted and megazerged their way to 10k on trains both in EotM and EBG after it was nerfed, and that's just the unfortunate reality alot of the time.

Might have rung true like 5 years ago, but now that's just pretty salty. If someone's been playing for 5 years, getting to Rank 7000 would be 1400 levels a year or 4 levels a day. Now that's a lot of WvW, but certainly not impossible. Then we consider that people have had way more than 5 years to do this and add in boosters, then this assumption becomes silly at best.

In fact most of the people with high ranks that I know rarely played EOTM, and plus it died quite a while back. The only 10k ranks I know are exclusively scouts and defenders.

Just because you can't do something, doesn't mean other people can't. To assume immediately they took the easy way out is a pitiful way to view things. Can't people just be happy for other people when they accomplish a little?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1