Is this a hack?

Under such circumstances you need to send in an in game bug report, on top of  that, a support ticket, so you can submit this video. 

You need the time, date, location, map, objectives and (cheating user's name - still don't know how to get that) good luck. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
left out a word.
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Block them and check your block list to get the account/character name.  Otherwise it will still be useful as a bug report. 

Edit: for people being pedantic, it doesn't matter if it's a hack or exploit... The only thing that would not need to be reported are trivial exploits that wouldn't matter if they were fixed. 

Edited by Zephyrus.9680
pedants
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Could be, couldn't, we really don't see how it does that. But is most likely an exploit.

11 minutes ago, Legendary Defender.5631 said:

imo an exploit and a hack are both counter intuitive to the game and both are done by dbags so theres no need to make a distinction unless ofc you are doing the same thing and don't want anet aware of it. 

This is ridiculous. "Hacking" and exploiting are different things, the first one will cost you a ban, the second one probably won't.

Edited by Telgum.6071
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Seen this happen multiple times in that same tower. Once a ranger got into the tower thinking I was afk by the nodes and started attacking me.... to his surprise and death, yesterday saw someone on my side get in while the tower was still closed and in enemy control.

I think it's more of an exploit than hack, although there's a lot more hackers around these days it seems(saw someone fly hacking in desert couple weeks ago and all the teleporting while downed), either way, report if you can, maybe anet will check back with the cornerstone in 2049 and figure out something.

• Haha 1

I have witnessed a warclaw use of going through the gap in the gate on that tower, jumping from the left side on top of the foundation (facing the gate from the outside). I think it is hard to do, and it is an exploit. Mind you, I saw this once, it is a glitch I think. If anyone has seen similar then it needs to be addressed and dealt with. I believe it is repeatable though.

Edit: I think they used warclaw one also to dismount mid-air and then that transitions them into the otherside, hence the opponent was seen first with warclaw, then on foot.

Edited by Avion Blade.4869

It's an Anet approved means of taking the tower.

They fixed a similar issue for keeps but left the tower and it's remained for years with people reporting it left, right, center and submitting videos of it being used and abused. Nothing comes of it.

Ergo, while annoying as heck, they must be absolutely fine with it. Search Youtube to see how it's done. Maybe if everyone did it they'd finally do something...

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this happen again today, but this time an entire gank group did it.  Three or four enemies did it right in front of us (they'd been spawn-camping us for a bit already, abusing their support-heavy comp against random solos).

There's no relevant option for reporting the players individually, with the options being: botting, inappropriate character name, spamming, verbal abuse, scamming, selling gold, and LFG system abuse.  Surprised there's no "exploit" reason.

Anyway, going by what people said here about it being a long known issue and being frequently bug-reported, I guess it's not a priority.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guys if u play wvw long enugh u see every one who know this trick use it to get in solo/duo or teleport zerg in (thife/mesmer). I don't know if u make this post just cos your self dont know how to jump in it. Any way this tower change every moment so dont see why people cry about somthing like that ''solty''? (see it, move along, take it back, get points). I bet arena net knows about it but its 0 priority on there list as its not big exploit like item copys / gold gain. its give u like what 600-800exp. Also wispering and raporting those players is waist of time as like 10k+ people know it so yee.....

15 hours ago, Silesium.5623 said:

Guys if u play wvw long enugh u see every one who know this trick use it to get in solo/duo or teleport zerg in (thife/mesmer). I don't know if u make this post just cos your self dont know how to jump in it. Any way this tower change every moment so dont see why people cry about somthing like that ''solty''? (see it, move along, take it back, get points). I bet arena net knows about it but its 0 priority on there list as its not big exploit like item copys / gold gain. its give u like what 600-800exp. Also wispering and raporting those players is waist of time as like 10k+ people know it so yee.....

Exploit is exploit, doesn't matter how "dangerous" it is to the game, it simply should be removed the moment someone reported it.
Seeing how A-net ignores such even minor things will turn away new players from gamemode in long run, since what's the point of working to cap it when someone just do some jumping puzzle with tiny exploit? Waste of time and discouraging for future.
A-net should also start banning exploiters actively, it's really ridiculous when you see whole zergs using it...

• Like 3