The Forum's "confused" reaction [Merged]

misterman.1530

So, what do people mean when they select the "confused" reaction? Do they mean that the post was unclear and they couldn't figure out what the poster meant? Or does it mean that the post had too many words with more than 2 syllables and/or complex words?

I see it used quite often and wondered what the general intent was: because from my perspective it speaks more to a lack of comprehension of the person reacting than it does the quality of many of the posts on which I see it used. But maybe it's being used for a different reason. 

....oh...and queue the comedians who will use the "confused" reaction to this post.... :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 84
  • Sad 1

Just now, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Mostly when question is not clear or if someone answer is confusing

Like when you asked what you like the most in pve, put someone start talking about pvp or what his not like insted

Yeah, that would make sense. But I see it used on posts that are quite clear and concise, and are right on topic. Which, ironically, is confusing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

19 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Yeah, that would make sense. But I see it used on posts that are quite clear and concise, and are right on topic. Which, ironically, is confusing.

Sometimes insted of be confused in terms "its bit no clear" thay are confused as "wait what?"

Like for egzemple i wuld say "this game is dead rus p2w wow clone with mario graphic and spaghetti code played by grammar n**i furry lovers on banjo, so dead the undead dragon culd rise a big army" on map chat while being on map that have 50+ squad 

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Like 1
  • Confused 8

I think its silly to have a confused reaction. But my gut instinct is telling me they dont want to put the old dislike system in because it looks mean. So for the record people use confused as dislike. The whole system is silly and results in follow the leader behavior, and mob/clique mentality.  Why must you drag the disgusting thing called social media into our game forums. Social media is a nasty thing, it has destroyed the human social aspect, ruined the world, people are so blind to what its done to us.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 13

3 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

How do you queue comedians on a forum? Should we all have waited before replying until you had organised us into a line?

You don't. But that's what I meant when I wrote it: I pictured a bunch of people standing in a line to sign something. That's all. You are correct, however, probably would have made more sense to use "cue".

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

30 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I think its silly to have a confused reaction. But my gut instinct is telling me they dont want to put the old dislike system in because it looks mean. So for the record people use confused as dislike. The whole system is silly and results in follow the leader behavior, and mob/clique mentality.  Why must you drag the disgusting thing called social media into our game forums. Social media is a nasty thing, it has destroyed the human social aspect, ruined the world, people are so blind to what its done to us.

Yeh like that post can be marked as confusing by meaning "wait what?" racher then not be clear

@misterman.1530

(as his puting emotions to his reply and starts offtopic with what his not like, what was not question of post, as you not asked "whats your opinion on confusion emote")

Hope i helped with explenation, and now is evrythink clear for you 😄

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 7

I think it's occassionally used to indicate confusion.

More often it seems to be used as a passive-aggressive dislike.

And what's with "thanks" and "like"? Is "thanks" really just "liked even more than like"? Most of the time, a poster hasn't done anything more than post a post someone liked. So they "thanks"?

And then there's "Haha". It seems to be able to be "funny joke, I appreciate it" as well as "I'm laughing becuase your post was ridiculous", but they just get totaled up as "Haha" 2.

Emote responses: mostly useless.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 6
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Sometimes: “How could you lead talk to this?”

Or situations like when some players asks for new nerfs on already “near-dead” spec; and many other “strange” things that, in reality - pretty confusing to understand from the objective/sane standpoint.

And it’s not passive agression. If you want you can use for this “funny” emoji or even “like”. Some people just think that only possible reaction to their posts - “Like” or “Thank you”. 

Edited by Loules.8601
Typos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

25 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I think its silly to have a confused reaction. But my gut instinct is telling me they dont want to put the old dislike system in because it looks mean.

The irony is the childish and passive-aggressive way the confused emoji is being used shows that a clear Thumbs Down would be far less mean spirited.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

The irony is the childish and passive-aggressive way the confused emoji is being used shows that a clear Thumbs Down would be far less mean spirited.

Amen.  Since having a disagreement with someone on the forums I see most of my comments now seem to garner a "Confused" emoji when they are anything but confusing.  I get it.  Someone is p-a trolling me.  Don't care.

• Like 3
  • Confused 8