The Forum's "confused" reaction [Merged]

misterman.1530

51 minutes ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

Basically, trolls or people who disagree with you use it to make it seem like you just said something stupid. 

but i mean, what if you said something stupid? Like my example?

i strictly use it as the intended reaction. What if i just disagree with you or agree (then i'd use the heart or something).

but i guess that some people just wanna troll around is not wrong.

• Confused 8

It'd probably help if the reaction had a comment box to ask what they need explained.

[edit for confused emote]; I said it'd probably avail if the reaction contained within it a comment box that granted the bewildered the competency to inscribe what they require explicated.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

I think it’s used as a mild dislike. (Unless people are motivated to troll by others getting upset by its use)

There is a ‘like’ choice (white heart on blue background) and a ‘stronger like’ choice (white trophy cup on a purple background). If someone mildly disagrees with the post then the ‘confused’ face is a better option than the stronger dislike face. 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Confused 7

2 hours ago, Arnox.5128 said:

This reaction system is freaking stupid in the first place. People will use Confused and Sad as makeshift downvotes and then sometimes not reply at all, never contributing anything to the conversation except some lame passive-aggressive non-explanatory emoji.

If I had it my way, I'd strip the entire Reaction system out. People can post something if they have something to add.

^^^ This.  Why do we need likes, ha ha's, and so on anyway?  Just because other forums and silly social media platforms have likes and thumbs-up and so on doesn't mean they're needed here.  Either post or don't, doesn't matter what others think of your post.

• Like 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

Let's know WHO reacted with WHICH reaction emote like facebook offer. Add "Wrong use of reaction emote" as report option if you aren't able to remove confused reaction from the forums. The strongest troll/discredit poster tool right now.

How in the world would they moderate that?

Let's say you report it. What criteria do they use to weigh whether it was a "wrong" or "right" use?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

but i mean, what if you said something stupid? Like my example?

Then the emoji still doesn't show which part of the post you reacted to you think is stupid. Like others have said it effectively adds nothing of value to the conversation and removing the system would at least force people to actually reply if they want to show their discontent.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 4
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, hugo.4705 said:

Let's know WHO reacted with WHICH reaction emote like facebook offer. Add "Wrong use of reaction emote" as report option if you aren't able to remove confused reaction from the forums. The strongest troll/discredit poster tool right now.

Sounds like taking a long way around (with additional work for mods) for something that's "solved" by removing negative emotes, at which point you simply force people to voice their dislike/confusion with words.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

2 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

^^^ This.  Why do we need likes, ha ha's, and so on anyway?  Just because other forums and silly social media platforms have likes and thumbs-up and so on doesn't mean they're needed here.  Either post or don't, doesn't matter what others think of your post.

So that your Content®™ can be shared with other Creators© in the Guild Universe®®.

It's the joy of using rubbish forum setups -- in this case, "Invision". You label everything as "content", make it all shareable and integrateable and buzzwordable with the social medias, then sell it to hapless "fandom" communities and claim it will increase their audience potential tenfold.

Go back to forumBB! This stuff's rubbish.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

8 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Straight answer, IMO most seem to use the confused reaction because there is no "Dislike."  Which is another thing that's confusing.  If you can have a "Like" you can have a "Dislike."  Guess too many people got their widdle feelings hurt??

Last time the forums had a like/dislike reaction system, an ANet post got a ton of dislikes so it was removed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

What do words mean?  I see these lin - OH SKRITT it's happening!  I'm pushening the buttns on the keyboard and these squiggles lines are appearing! what are they what is words who ahs truth about stuff that lines mean?????

That is how I interpret confused reactions.  It's a person still attempting to understand what language is.

Now excuse me while I go figure out what numbers are.  They're like words... but not words... so what are they?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8