can males weild greatswords.. NOT LIKE BATS.

Artyport.2084

1 hour ago, LSD.4673 said:

Baseball bat vs anime swordsman. Pretty sure they're both awful.

This. One of the reasons I almost always exclusively play male characters is how unpleasant the weapons look on the women in GW2 (as they are all ridiculously oversized, plus the weapons-drawn stances look weird, especially when wielding a greatsword).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

showcases some actual zweihander stances used during feudal times

I leave you guys to comment on it as I don't know much about zweihanders.

Edit:  Read the web page.  It seems like female characters use the Nebenhut  / Posta Coda Longa  stance.

So it's not an anime stance but a feudal European stance.

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 9

4 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Edit:  Read the web page.  It seems like female characters use the Nebenhut  / Posta Coda Longa  stance.

Based on this page the real problem is that we need pointier shoes.

They are also stances used by people who's life depended on it.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

its the running aroun with the bat that really triggers me! 

but anime stance or not... it looks much neater and not foolish

• Like 5

18 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I was very confused by the title and thought you meant they were flapping around Tyria clutching the greatswords with their toes.

10 hours ago, galen ubal.2807 said:

Same here!  Now I'm a bit disappointed.

Me too!  I mean, the Halloween festival IS coming up in a few weeks.  And now I really want a character named Die Fledermaus.

• Haha 2

TBH, unless you're playing a chad norse, most of these bigger swords and hammers are huge relative to your body size.

So theoretically the weapon should trail behind your character as they drag it across the ground when they walk due to its sheer size leaving a little trail behind as you move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

I think the weirdest thing is the use of the Nebenhut stance, but using attacks as if they started in Ochs /Gasumi, where the sword is brought back and then in a horizontal arc from the shoulder, or in the hilarious case of Reaper GS3, starting in Tail guard and moving into an attack out of a Chudan stance. 

The entire point of holding the weapon in Nebenhut is to get an UPWARD arc on your initial swing, not horizontal or downward slash (or a STAB if you're a reaper)

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 3

TBH I never liked how most games animate running with weapons. They all look silly. Now the one animation running holding a hammer looks right, two handed hold in front of you ready to swing if you need too. personally I think swords should stay sheathed until you attack. One thing that bothers me is any jumping puzzle , or drop down or anything really can bring your weapon out. That is silly and needs to stop, they should only be out when attacking. 

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/22/2021 at 2:48 AM, Rogue.8235 said:

I get the feeling that stuff is about as accurate as the guy rolling around with a bow on YouTube like a ninja calling it the "truth" about longbows.

• Confused 6

9 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

TBH I never liked how most games animate running with weapons. They all look silly. Now the one animation running holding a hammer looks right, two handed hold in front of you ready to swing if you need too. personally I think swords should stay sheathed until you attack. One thing that bothers me is any jumping puzzle , or drop down or anything really can bring your weapon out. That is silly and needs to stop, they should only be out when attacking. 

Fortunately that's not for you to decide as I like being able to unsheathe my weapons outside of combat.  But if you are triggered by "silly" weapon animations, you can always assign a key to have your character keep their weapon sheathed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

What really loses me is when they spin around repeatedly like a toy top...  As if the thing doesn't weigh anything and there's no air friction or point in aiming.  The axe animation on warrior feels silly to me in the same way. 

"Swing" implies to me you actually have to build up a little momentum, not just spin wildly like the energizer bunny.  So yes, there is a little bit of drag starting out in reality.  The thing isn't weightless, is it? 

I'm not sure if that is part of what the OP is thinking about or not, but it's all in the general category of "this does not look realistic at all"...  My female charr guardian does it too, btw. 

Only the ranger greatsword (and mine also is female, sylvari) feels natural enough to  me.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, XiraMint.3162 said:

What really loses me is when they spin around repeatedly like a toy top...  As if the thing doesn't weigh anything and there's no air friction or point in aiming.  The axe animation on warrior feels silly to me in the same way. 

This so much.

I hate spin to win animations in any game.  There's nothing practical about it and it doesn't even look good.

Spinning around in combat has only been done in the history of never.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1