Seasons of the Dragons final reward change poll

Seasons of the Dragons final reward change poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Transendence in your legendary armory?

2. 2. Would you prefer that final reward of Seasons of the Dragons achievement legendary amulet was instead legendary trinket box?

• No, it should stay amulet only
    • Yes, with amulet and accessory to choose from
    • Yes, with amulet, accessory and ring to choose from
    • No, it should be aquabreather (only or as one of the options to choose from)

If it were to change, then those who already had all of the items to choose from would complain about this and demand an even broader scope of items - and rightly so.

Sure, it sucks that those who already have Transendence will get a reward that's less valuable for them but that's the way of life, sometimes you get lemons.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

Those who got transcendence already have a unique effect.  Those who do not have it, but want it, can then go for it despite having the PvE legendary amulet. 

Something to consider is that there are those of us for never wanted or liked the Transcendence effect and initially went for the Slumbering version, solely for the legendary stat swapping convenience, at a time where we thought there were never going to be duplicate options for Legendary Trinkets.

I don't expect any changes, nor do I think I'm owned any compensation or whatever since I didn't lose anything, but I do have to say I'm going to be bummed out quite a bit if Regalia turns out to have an effect I actually like - after having spent ~1600g and quite some time on what seemed like the only ever Legendary Amulet option at the time. 

Especially since it's the one Trinket I committed to for the functionality, it does feel quite punishing to me for that to be the first Trinket slot to get an alternate option I might like. Since we also don't know if it will only be the first of such or only one, it additionally makes me quite hesitant to now invest further into any other existing Trinkets (for the effects of which I'm also not too keen on), when they might just get better alternatives down the route too. 

So while it's easy to say one doesn't care or that it doesn't matter when not affected, if new rewards make players regret their previous investment as well as hesitant about future ones (at least for such incredibly high cost items) - then this maybe wasn't an ideal implementation. especially for the first one of such to not go for any options. 

Ideally new rewards make most everybody want to play and invest more, not less.

Oh well.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9

Is this another attempt to express frustration that there are now two legendary amulets in the game? I don't get it. You can get full sets of legendary armours from all three game modes. There are also two complete sets of legendary weapons (not counting the underwater ones.) Were there ever polls about the redundancy in those?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I think giving players a choice of legendary trinkets would be excessive, and making it an aquabreather would likely change it from a reward some players don't want to one almost no one wants, which isn't a good solution. I also agree that this discussion is almost 6 months late and there's absolutely no chance Anet would change it now even if they thought it was a problem.

Yes it sucks that some people who don't like PvP did it anyway to get Transcendance because they thought it was their only option. It sucks that some people spent about 1,000g on gen 1 precursors, either buying them from the TP or throwing stuff in the Mystic Forge, back when that was the only option to make legendary weapons. It sucks some people made duplicate legendaries and then couldn't do anything with them once the armoury was introduced.

That's the risk you take with any kind of 'live service' game; things change and while they will hopefully be changes for the better for the majority of players there will sometimes be people who miss out for one reason or another. You can either make a decision based on what's available at the time or keep waiting for your perfect option to come along and risk missing out because that never happens.

Hopefully Anet's long-term plan is to introduce ways to get a full set of legendary trinkets in every game mode, like they have with back items and armour, but until then we just have to choose from the options available.

• Like 6

Certainly the amulet MUST still be available. Personally I wouldn't have a problem if a legendary chest was rewarded, which allowed people to choose any legendary trinket. Kinda why not. But, as I'm doing the achievement for the amulet anyway it does not affect me.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:48 PM, Zohane.7208 said:

If it were to change, then those who already had all of the items to choose from would complain about this and demand an even broader scope of items - and rightly so.

Sure, it sucks that those who already have Transendence will get a reward that's less valuable for them but that's the way of life, sometimes you get lemons.

This sums it up.

Why should players willingly vote for not adding a new legendary skin/effect? The legendary selection chests were and should remain a 1 time thing used only when a major change is introduced.

There is already a precedent for having multiple legendary items on the same slot. Backpacks, armor, rings, the logical conclusion has always been that there will be multiple items per slot and multiple ways to acquire these.

Just for reference and reminder of events time wise:

- Transcendence was announced on March 12th, 2020 (alongside Conflux)

- Transcendence was released on the 17th March, 2020 (alongside Conflux, which was a possibility to acquire legendary rings outside of the existing Coalescence. Anyone paying attention could have guessed that more legendary trinkets are on the way)

- Legendary Armory was announced on March 20th, 2020 (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/69920-legendary-equipment-and-templates-merged/). That's basically 3 days after Transcendence and Coalescence were added to the game

- Legendary Armory was implemented into the game on July 13th, 2021

If you crafted the legendary amulet via Spvp, you got up to 1.5 years worth of a legendary item use (or you crafted the item willingly knowing another legendary amulet might be on the way). Not only that, you also had a chance at getting the Salvaged Excellence from salvaging your ascended amulets during this time, which was a lot more valuable/expensive in the past and has been declining since in price (and will likely drop even more once the PvE amulet releases). There were enough hints that more legendary trinket items and acquisition possibilities are on the way. Once the PvE legendary amulet releases, any player with Transcendence still retains the unique effect.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Why bother doing the PVE grind that is Seasons if you already have a Legendary Amulet? Other than for the other rewards that is?

I mean, I have all 3 set of Legendary armor through WvW. I wouldn't even consider doing RAIDs ad infinitum to get the Envoy set or grind out PvP for that set.

To me, this is just anet offering alternative paths to get similar rewards. No bad thing...........unless you like to double dip of course.

YMMV

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Aurora and vision was a reward for everyone, crystal regalia only helps non pvper while at the same time removes the carrot for pve players to play pvp, lowering the pvp population, further hurting the gamemode. 

I would have preferred an aquabreather or an legendary infusion so everyone is happy. Honestly with how mind numbing the season of dragons achievements were, an aquabreather would have been more fitting. If strikes were required i might have a different option.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Don't have Transcendence. But I think this one should stay amulet only. I get that you only have 1 slot for amulet - and that there is no skin (as long as they do not make special visual effects here that are unique) that makes you wanna have more than 1 amulet.

But : A box with one time choice ... would lead to problems. Imagine new players not reading the wiki/information ... getting one of the other trinkets. They might end up thinking "hey the recipe/collection for that ones are actually easy ... should have done them and crafted them and used the box/choice for the other instead where collection seems harder".

With having 1 more amulet that needed (no PvP/WvW/raid needed) ... they could add other options for the other stuff - so you could get 2 rings/accessories without having to do raids/WvW (if they want this, currently they only seem to make it so you don't have to do PvP ... i'd prefer if I could get everything without raids - WvW and PvP not a big deal for me).

Another soultion might be to make this one a "wildcard" you could use for any of the 1 slots - but then with something similar like Caladbold. (NPC to change it, not one time choice - avoid further trouble and mistakes and support requests.)

Edit: And since this would be problematic with legendary and legendary armory ... better to leave it as amulet only + adding other options for the other trinkets to get them without WvW/raid. Unless they can make a different item type for the armory - a real wildcard trinket that can be placed anywhere.

Edited by Luthan.5236

33 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I get that you only have 1 slot for amulet - and that there is no skin (as long as they do not make special visual effects here that are unique) that makes you wanna have more than 1 amulet.

The new legendary amulet does have a visual effect. They showed it in yesterdays stream.

Edited by Zok.4956

6 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

The new legendary amulet does have a visual effect. They showed it in yesterdays stream.

I am kinda happy with the effect, does not stack with the 3 other pve accessories, very subtle, would be lost with all other infusions. Personally not my style, but bifrost, dreamer or quip lovers would enjoy it.

This make transendance a truely premium alternative, unique effect that is very noticable even when you stack infusions. I understand alot of the haters on this forum dislike infusion stacking, but for many players this is gw2's end game.

• Confused 1