Mob density is out of control

Lynx.9058

Thief shadow refuge for when you just don’t want to fight those mobs over a parsnip.

Or Mallyx purple circle of doom. Critters curious about your logging melt as they approach, and you can go on with your chop chop uninterrupted.

Condi Firebrand circle of flames. Same.

😄

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2021 at 2:45 PM, Lynx.9058 said:

I've played a lot of MMO's, and this is honestly one of the first where I felt this way.  It seems like no matter where you go, at least in any of the endgame zones, you can't walk two feet without being attacked by something.

Really hope they tone this down for EoD because I'm getting a little tired of it -_-

I understand how that would be taxing, but this is very much by design : If you could waltz in there without problems, it would feel out of place and devoid of meaning. You're meant to struggle. In most of those maps though, you either have footholds with protected walls, or your task is to establish said foothold to push forward from them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Kastylx.4657 said:

I'd like to explore every now and then instead of fighting my way thru the map but it is what it is i guess

So how I manage to explore and kill stuff at the same time.  It is what it is, probably because you don't kill fast enough. Most of the native mobs in this game die pretty fast.  A good AOE build with the right setup allows you to do both.

Edit: There are zones and areas of zones where this doesn't really work but they're they exception not the rule. The Desolation for example is a rough zone to explore. But I don't have this problem in most zones.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

So how I manage to explore and kill stuff at the same time.  It is what it is, probably because you don't kill fast enough. Most of the native mobs in this game die pretty fast.  A good AOE build with the right setup allows you to do both.

Edit: There are zones and areas of zones where this doesn't really work but they're they exception not the rule. The Desolation for example is a rough zone to explore. But I don't have this problem in most zones.

Umm, okey?

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

Yea hot was really annoying I think people complained about the lack of mobs in core and they uped it a bit to much, pof has been fine for me for the most part its not as bad as hot It probably could use a little toning down, mmos are not just about combat thats what many do not get here, allot of us come from mmos with fishing for example and other peaceful things to do in the open world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

While that is true there is a certain eb and flow when your having to constantly stop and fight while some may like it many do not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:05 PM, Katastroff.1045 said:

Never seen anything dead attacking me.

Joko and Zaithan would like a word with you

@OP : mob density is fine to me. Some location in PoF can feel overwhelming sometime, I can agree, but you can easily avoid them or clean them. If you want boring open world try ESO, beautiful but boring, plane and empty.

• Confused 2

As an example, I was in desert highlands trying to get to a mastery point.  Got knocked off my mount, next thing I know I've got probably 10+ branded ogres beating my kitten.

Feels like there's a mob every 10 meters, and every one of those has a 20-30 meter aggro/leash range, and by the time you get done fighting one or more of them others have either respawned or patrolled into aggro range of you.  It's never ending.  I can't even mount up half the time because of this kitten.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, vanfrano.1325 said:

I noticed this was indeed over the top and especially annoying in PoF zones. If you can't check your map for five seconds without pretty much always being attacked despite the fact that you've just killed the mobs around you, there's something wrong.

Dastardly Forged. They have no honor, I tell you, attacking an enemy whose nose is in a map. Dirty pool, old chap!

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/11/2021 at 6:31 PM, Kastylx.4657 said:

I'd like to explore every now and then instead of fighting my way thru the map but it is what it is i guess

I like to fight my way through a map while exploring.

On 12/12/2021 at 2:07 AM, Ryou.2398 said:

Yea hot was really annoying I think people complained about the lack of mobs in core and they uped it a bit to much, pof has been fine for me for the most part its not as bad as hot It probably could use a little toning down, mmos are not just about combat thats what many do not get here, allot of us come from mmos with fishing for example and other peaceful things to do in the open world.

Don't you dare tone down HoT anymore than it already has been! 

I love that I can run through a map I have finished a million times and still get wrecked because I decided to not take that angry charging mushroom seriously!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2