daily reminder that warrior is trash

gmmg.9210

Warrior best class. Forsake thoughts of the foolish ways of the cowards that play other classes. Warrior is striped bare so the only individuals who play it are the ones with balls that are chaffed from dragging along the floor!

Warrior wishes not to hide in the shadows, warrior wishes not for a companion, warrior does not abide by morals and virtues, warrior has no need for flimsy duplications, warrior does not acknowledge past warriors as they are weaker than warrior, warrior does not know how machines work, and warrior has no need for reanimated corpses as there are still-alive corpses to kill. Warrior walks up, armor less and weapon less, and kicks you in the nuts until you leave. 

Warrior 4eva!

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 3

Warrior is pidgeon holed into strength because of poor weapon choices, poor utility choices and sustain issues. Its pidgeon holed into discipline because fast hands is too good.

It performs its role in pvp fine, but doesnt have any variety  since core is a duelist, spb is a duelist, and zerker is a meme. Updating weapons and utilities would do a lot for the profession. Making fast hands baseline could also allow more flexibility in traitlines.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, gmmg.9210 said:

that is all

Had a warrior in my last match and literally my first thought is "why would anyone do that to themselves" They were even playing berserker. Saw them 3 times and those 3 times, he did maybe what, 5-10%? of my health before dying. I just don't understand why that class is allowed in pvp matches especially outside of SB. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

I've noticed that warrior, of a variety of builds, excels in team fights, and can decap or duel (some).

It really isnt weak, players just want it to be a duelist beast, and NO.

How does it excel in team fights? Stunlock one target if for some reason you dont get a CC chain on yourself? The most value I felt I contribute to a team fight was res with rampage or shake it off to clear some team condis. And isn't your only actual AoE full counter?

You can definitely contribute well to a snowballing fight, where your team has already advantage. But if the opponent team has advantage you won't be turning that around on war?

Or do you mean the support build that I've seen probably 2 times in 200 games?

Note that I'm not trying to contradict you outright, I'm actually asking you how I can/should contribute (and what is that variety of builds)?

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

How does it excel in team fights? Stunlock one target if for some reason you dont get a CC chain on yourself? The most value I felt I contribute to a team fight was res with rampage or shake it off to clear some team condis. And isn't your only actual AoE full counter?

You can definitely contribute well to a snowballing fight, where your team has already advantage. But if the opponent team has advantage you won't be turning that around on war?

Or do you mean the support build that I've seen probably 2 times in 200 games?

Note that I'm not trying to contradict you outright, I'm actually asking you how I can/should contribute (and what is that variety of builds)?

What are you expecting to do as war?

Wars days on the side node is reserved now for the best and high IQ players, the rest are gonna go mid and contribute damage and being hard to kill.

Think about builds that accomplish that.

Side node and dueling in general is reserved for high IQ players, not high players.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

Wars days on the side node is reserved now for the best and high IQ players, the rest are gonna go mid and contribute damage and being hard to kill.

Side node and dueling in general is reserved for high IQ players, not high players.

So you bring no boons, no condis, next to no aoe dmg, mediocre dmg, no teleports and your main source of damage mitigation is dodging. And that is an excellent team fighter? You have a low bar for excellence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hotride.2187 said:

So you bring no boons, no condis, next to no aoe dmg, mediocre dmg, no teleports and your main source of damage mitigation is dodging. And that is an excellent team fighter? You have a low bar for excellence.

Yeah, if you can hang in there, be hard to kill, and bring damage, you are a good team fighter.

Also, horizontal mobility gives you the option to hold a side node, or take duels in some cases.

Many people play war, but only a few are good at it.

Just the facts, bro.

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Crab Fear.1624 said:

dueling is for mechanically good players, IQ has nothing to do with it, if  anything roaming and teamfighting requires more IQ due to global decision making

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like how the opinion on warrior players went from "they are unga/carried by passives/low skill floor/Anet's golden Chilllllld~/why is healing signet?/hambow/faceroll class"

to

"warrior sidenode is reserved for the best and high IQ players 😇" the moment they couldn't perform well enough to have tournament/sidenode presence. 

Thats just *chef's kiss* mwah. beautiful. Truly we have come far. Surely it's not just people content to beat up warriors while convincing themselves it's fine that the warriors have to try twice or three times as hard for similar results, because that is what warrior is for. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

49 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I like how the opinion on warrior players went from "they are unga/carried by passives/low skill floor/Anet's golden Chilllllld~/why is healing signet?/hambow/faceroll class"

to

"warrior sidenode is reserved for the best and high IQ players 😇" the moment they couldn't perform well enough to have tournament/sidenode presence. 

Thats just *chef's kiss* mwah. beautiful. Truly we have come far. Surely it's not just people content to beat up warriors while convincing themselves it's fine that the warriors have to try twice or three times as hard for similar results, because that is what warrior is for. 

^^^ I find it hilarious people who say warrior is fine, won't touch/play warrior with a 10ft pole to reinforce their point.🤣 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1