15000 max Achivs from dailies! Why???

7 minutes ago, Paradise.6452 said:

Many login just for the sake of these 10 AP
Arena does not need the activity of the players?

If you "login just for the sake of these 10 AP", then it doesn't seem there's a whole lot of activity from you now, does it? Or am I misunderstanding what you've just said here?

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

As an achievement point hunter, I'm in favor of a cap.  Dailies are still 2 gold a day and 3 spirit shards, plus individual rewards and that's plenty for five minutes of work.

New players will never attain the kind of achievement points I have if I could keep getting achievements, High achievement totals would be completely out of reach for new players.  I find that to be a ridiculous thing considering how easy dailies are on some days.  The cap is fine.

• Like 15
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Paradise.6452 said:

Why active veteran players are deprived !?

Arena doesn't need veterans?

Arena too lazy to add rewards to the panel for achievement?

I dont know too many who only login for the 10 ap. That said, I am annoyed by the 15k ap cap too. Some seem to like the cap. I can only guess they are casual veterans who played allot back in the early years only and wana hold what ground they have on ap.

I would agree that the ap does cause people to the daily content more, aka participate in those events that day who otherwise probably would not. I myself am one of those people. I still play daily and have fun. However, I no longer do my dailies to "do dailies". Some days they get done just from what I happen to be doing but short of mystic forger I dont seek out dailies now that the cap is gone cause I dont care about the 2g. I have over 32k ap so far but Im not rly a hard core ap hunter I just like to see some progress indicator/change other than my gold and I have full legendary stuffs too at this point.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 4
  • Confused 5

12 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I dont know too many who only login for the 10 ap. That said, I am annoyed by the 15k ap cap too. Some seem to like the cap. I can only guess they are casual veterans who played allot back in the early years only and wana hold what ground they have on ap.

If there was no cap, wouldn't those 'casual veterans' have even more reason to 'hold what ground they have'?  I mean, why would they stop doing dailies if they were concerned with their AP rank/score?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Those players are capped just like you are.
Logic is hard huh?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If there was no cap, wouldn't those 'casual veterans' have even more reason to 'hold what ground they have'?  I mean, why would they stop doing dailies if they were concerned with their AP rank/score?

They/We stop doing dailies because we stop gaining AP from them. I still do other things give me AP. My AP has grown by thousands since hitting cap Im working towards 33k right now and Im not even an AP hunter. I just like finding goals and trying all the content.

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Those players are capped just like you are.
Logic is hard huh?

Because it gives a nice cap to how much daily participation impacts that total score so anyone like myself who hit it knows anyone else coming along cannot pass us up from just being active players. Its nice to know that most will never hit my AP score even if I stop playing since I did allot. Now I can just sit on my kitten and just do new content and most players will never be able to pass up my AP. That's what I meant.

As for why I would support still getting ap for daily participation is that I missed the motivation it provided me to go take part in those tasks. I have no real reason to now. That was the point. Thanks.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

The idea is that since anyone can never gain more than 15k from dailies and everyone has the same limits on AP from collections/story/etc that anyone like myself and the OP who have reached that AP cap can now ignore those daily tasks knowing that as far as any AP competition goes we are gone with that part of the game. 100% done forever. How does that encourage anyone who is concerned about AP to do those tasks once they hit the cap??

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

As an achievement hunter, I'm in favor of removing the cap and continuing the AP rewards system, preferably with armor pieces that can be dyed and weapon sets and titles that are on par with those already offered by it.

AP are a personal measurement of progress, and it doesn't matter how many other people have in my opinion, so I don't buy the whole 'new people won't be able to catch up!' thing. New people won't be able to get the ninth year birthday gift for nine years either, but no one seems to mind that. I also never felt the pressure to do dailies that some people talk about; I'd do them if I had the time or inclination since the AP was nice, but I definitely feel demotivated to do them now that AP are no longer available - I do occasionally do a daily if it's easy, but I very seldom go for a whole set of them like I used to.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

While the the cap will eventually help some newer players gain ground, they are not going to catch up.  If ANet gave a fig about newer players catching up, they would not put in one-and-done holiday achievements.  Also, they would make the now-defunct legacy achievements accessible to those newer players.  Those two categories represent a lot of points that will never be made up.  I'm not saying there is no reason for the cap, I just don't buy the altruistic catch-up reason.

The cap exists to slow player progress towards the achievement milestone rewards, pushing back the need for ANet to make more such rewards for higher point totals. However, the primary reason is most likely to entice achievement point hunters to engage with other content.  3650 AP per year for 5-15 minutes play a day is not going to keep people actively playing anything but a tiny fraction of the game's content.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

While the the cap will eventually help some newer players gain ground, they are not going to catch up.  If ANet gave a fig about newer players catching up, they would not put in one-and-done holiday achievements.  Also, they would make the now-defunct legacy achievements accessible to those newer players.  Those two categories represent a lot of points that will never be made up.  I'm not saying there is no reason for the cap, I just don't buy the altruistic catch-up reason.

The cap exists to slow player progress towards the achievement milestone rewards, pushing back the need for ANet to make more such rewards for higher point totals. However, the primary reason is most likely to entice achievement point hunters to engage with other content.  3650 AP per year for 5-15 minutes play a day is not going to keep people actively playing anything but a tiny fraction of the game's content.

Catch up doesn't mean compete.  No new player is going to compete with someone who has done Season 1 for one thing, never mind the missed holidays.

But very few players are competing on the leaderboards for the top 100 spots and even then only the top thousand are listed. Most people want to have a decent number that's all and get what they can get.  But if vets could keep getting more more more from dailies too many people might have decent numbers that would make it impossible for a new player to ever get anything decent at all.  I have newer players in my guild who happily get to 20k and feel good about it, because it's a goal they can reach. But if everyone in the game had 70 or 80k that 20k would mean very little.

I don't disagree with you about getting people to actually play content, but I don't think that's the only reason.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I can only guess they are casual veterans who played allot back in the early years only and wana hold what ground they have on ap.

It's not like it's super hardcore content.

All it takes it having the time to login everyday. Not skill.

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

How does that encourage anyone who is concerned about AP to do those tasks once they hit the cap??

It doesn't. It encourages those players to actually go after other achievements and not only semi passively stack them up via dailies.

As is, 15k AP is still 1/3 of the total possible AP. If the cap had not been introduced years ago, we'd be much closer to 40k AP of dailies by now, essentially providing 2/3 of possible AP.

It would make any rewards gained via AP a mere function of dailies done (it already is to some extent). How is that any motivation to AP hunters?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Paradise.6452 said:

Why active veteran players are deprived !?

Arena doesn't need veterans?

Arena too lazy to add rewards to the panel for achievement?

Veteran players are not deprived.  All achievements have a limited number of achievement points that can be earned.  You give no reason as to why this should be an exception to the rule.

• Like 4

Been here since day one, with 31k ap and nowhere near the cap. Any argument of depriving veterans is nonsense and can be kicked into the gutter where it rightfully belongs.

Im not against lifting the cap, although it might annoy those sitting on the cap for years, but if people are only logging in only to get 10ap, there are bigger problems to address

• Like 5

Everyone's free to do as they want to be honest... for my part I've never once done daily consciously, so my achievement points is solely from actual achievements and incidental dailies done along the way without noticing. Yes, I miss out on the gold, but I think that's not the actual focus of the game for me. I've got 12k ap, and I only notice progress when I get a chest pop up.

Have you done all the one time achievements ? They'll provide ample opportunity for activity.

If you have, how about repeatable achievements like Agent of Entropy ? I equate daily achievement point gathering as grinding, so Agent of Entropy shouldn't be much different if it's just a matter of points.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It doesn't. It encourages those players to actually go after other achievements and not only semi passively stack them up via dailies.

As is, 15k AP is still 1/3 of the total possible AP. If the cap had not been introduced years ago, we'd be much closer to 40k AP of dailies by now, essentially providing 2/3 of possible AP.

It would make any rewards gained via AP a mere function of dailies done (it already is to some extent). How is that any motivation to AP hunters?

As far as AP hunters I don't think they care too much about dailies other than having a cap on AP. I just think its kinda silly that dailies are such a bit part of what many people do in game yet after you reach 15k ap it can, at least for some, feel like nothing but a chore that isnt worth the 2g reward. Its not a big deal, but it seems like the game loses something when people who have played a long time are given a disincentive after 15k ap. I understand the logic of having a limit to give the AP chests skins and such some value, but I dont think most care about the pinnacle skins anyway tbh.

Im not even sure what a good solution is. I just think its pretty apparent its a disincentive, at least for many players. maybe past 15k ap we could get a prov token each day instead of the 10 ap or a currency to buy basic account bound food or other simple type items.

Im not even saying it "needs" anything cause its not that big a deal. Im saying I understand the OP's point and disagree that its a non-issue. Ideally, I would want everyone to still be given some incentive to do dailies no matter how long they have played that is equal to the incentive given to everyone else. I dont agree with the OP about only logging in for the 10 ap if anything I think people login for the login rewards. I think if you change what he said to just say the only reason they do daily then it makes sense. could be non-english 1st lang. issue *shrug*

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Dailies should never give AP at all. Harvesting 3 nodes once per day and finding the nearest vista is not an achievement of any sort.

neither is consuming food, fireworks, or giving donations to NPCs like Droobert. Nor are most of the festival meta achivements. your point? My point is that people have more fun and motivation to play a game when they feel like they get the same or equal rewards as anyone else doing that task and removing that reward for some is a direct disincentive. Also that dailies are in the game intentionally to give the game daily points of focused activity. That implies those activities would benefit from those veterans wanting to do them with the rest. Things like event completionist, daily JP, daily dungeon, daily fractal, pvp/wvw dailies all come to mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I think if you change what he said to just say the only reason they do daily then it makes sense.

But then if it really wasn't about "I only login for the daily", but instead "I only do daily for the AP" and he thinks doing 3 fast/easy tasks isn't worth it for 2 gold then the solution is rather simple: just don't do dailies and do whatever else you want/ed to do.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1