Let's be honest, other professions are the problem...

JTGuevara.9018

5 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

What offically not see them? ior just scroll past em.

Sadly however.. its posters as such why warriors wont get fixed and why GW2 wont get better.. for aslong as a Company beleive their audience will accept Amaetuer half assed content they'll keep pushing out the minimum

I actually don't know as I've never used that forum function. It is on the non mobile website. Click their user name to go to their activity page. Near where it has the option to follow there should be another button. Might be in another drop down menu though.

If you find it then let me know how it goes.

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I actually don't know as I've never used that forum function. It is on the non mobile website. Click their user name to go to their activity page. Near where it has the option to follow there should be another button. Might be in another drop down menu though.

If you find it then let me know how it goes.

Im on non-mobile and i cant see it on there at all tbh

[Generic post inviting people who see it to:

• Examine the top posters of the thread
  • Examine how aggressively one of those top posters is trying to argue everything -but- "Warriors are mechanically inferior to the other classes at this current point in time, particularly in competitive content, and could use buffing".  ] 

You don't have to engage with the idea if it is irrelevant or not addressing the main point of the thread. The nature of class roles and the moral/thematic implications of allowing the meta to guide balancing decisions are not the point, and if the individual using that rhetoric took their own advice, they'd have no reason to be here trying to convince a bunch of players that actually, they don't need to be serviceable in group content because the devs have a grand vision that involves warrior being hotdog water in pvp, or whatever.  

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

@Daddy.8125 @Lan Deathrider.5910

Go to the top right menu button, click account, and at the bottom of the list will be a tab called "ignored users". Select that and then type in the person(s) you'd like to ignore.

Discovered this a few months back and it's changed my life 😂

Thanks. I recall that you can't do that on mobile though and my wife is still on our PC so I couldn't verify it yet.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

[Generic post inviting people who see it to:

• Examine the top posters of the thread
  • Examine how aggressively one of those top posters is trying to argue everything -but- "Warriors are mechanically inferior to the other classes at this current point in time, particularly in competitive content, and could use buffing".  ] 

You don't have to engage with the idea if it is irrelevant or not addressing the main point of the thread. The nature of class roles and the moral/thematic implications of allowing the meta to guide balancing decisions are not the point, and if the individual using that rhetoric took their own advice, they'd have no reason to be here trying to convince a bunch of players that actually, they don't need to be serviceable in group content because the devs have a grand vision that involves warrior being hotdog water in pvp, or whatever.  

Is it sad that I didn't even have to look to know who you were talking about?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh look. The thread is covered in mud. 
Wish people would stop playing with mud, though. 

On a more on topic hand, what do you think are the 3 simplest moves ANet could do to make Warrior more attractive?
Outside of DT, I do think some of the skills themselves should be revisited. They very much reek of mid-2012 design.
Also, hammer.

9 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

No worries! And it looks like you can do it from mobile; I just checked. The power is yours, my friend!

Ah I see that one now. The other method which I can't replicate on mobile is to hover the mouse over their forum avatar or name which causes a small display to pop up. There is an option to ignore user listed there as well.

4 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Oh look. The thread is covered in mud. 
Wish people would stop playing with mud, though. 

On a more on topic hand, what do you think are the 3 simplest moves ANet could do to make Warrior more attractive?
Outside of DT, I do think some of the skills themselves should be revisited. They very much reek of mid-2012 design.
Also, hammer.

In my opinion:

• Unroot all the self roots (KS, Flurry, 100B, and DT though DT could move at half speed and be fine)
  • Make the burst related traits trigger off of use rather than on hitting with the burst. This would be a major QOL improvement btw.
  • Introduce a source of Protection and Resistance into the Defense trait line. Either or both of the 300s traits would be good spots.
  • Runner up since you mentioned hammer: Make Body Blow do strike damage instead of bleed and let it critical hit. Stability would negate the damage as that is how the trait works, so letting it crit would be fine and balanced.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

In my opinion:

• Unroot all the self roots (KS, Flurry, 100B, and DT though DT could move at half speed and be fine)
  • Make the burst related traits trigger off of use rather than on hitting with the burst. This would be a major QOL improvement btw.
  • Introduce a source of Protection and Resistance into the Defense trait line. Either or both of the 300s traits would be good spots.
  • Runner up since you mentioned hammer: Make Body Blow do strike damage instead of bleed and let it critical hit. Stability would negate the damage as that is how the trait works, so letting it crit would be fine and balanced.

All burst traits or just defensive burst traits? I could see just defensive burst traits triggering on use.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

All burst traits or just defensive burst traits? I could see just defensive burst traits triggering on use.

Frankly? All of them at this point. That said, it is more important for the defensive ones to activate upon using the burst based on the adrenaline spent.

Building Momentum is probably the only defensive one that should remain on hit though, but Berserker's Power I'm totally fine with being on hit at this point in the trash balance timeline. CI, Adrenal Health, Marching Orders should strictly be on use rather than on hit. 

59 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I see it as do I want to try to land my burst and keep myself alive, or do I think I can press the offensive and attack with it. I think that makes us make decisions which I think would be healthy for the game.

Indeed. That is the level of depth that we we're wanting prior to seeing Jokesworn, which is complexity for complexity's sake.

15 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

@Daddy.8125 @Lan Deathrider.5910

Go to the top right menu button, click account, and at the bottom of the list will be a tab called "ignored users". Select that and then type in the person(s) you'd like to ignore.

Discovered this a few months back and it's changed my life 😂

THANK YOU! 

This is a life changer! Now I can read this forum in peace! 🙂

On topic: I always wondered why a profession that is created around hitting attacks doesn't actually have good access to mobility...both Swiftness and Superspeed are rare boons for Warrior, and those few skills that grant them are actually on a pretty high cooldown.

Sticking power of Warrior is just not there IMO. I would like to see a spammable Superspeed effect...one which is the part of a Trait even, not just skills.

Example: On a Weapon swap, gain 2-3 seconds of Superspeed, 4 seconds cooldown.

Edited by Mikali.9651

Also, there aren't enough defensive skills, Warrior is just about dodging attacks, blocking with a shield, evading with GS...ah yes, Spellbreaker was a try to give a Warrior some much needed defensive ability, but even that isn't enough. 

BUT!

Blocking with the Shield means you don't attack...

Blocking with the Full Counter means you don't attack...

Using GS evade can easily place you away from the target so you also "gain" some time of not attacking while you reach your target again.

Yeah, and a Warrior should be that attacking monster that gains access to burst skills, but there are actually so many mechanics that stop Warrior from attacking if they want to survive.

Most of the other professions actually have blocks, blinds, extra health bars, and evades that don't make them stop attacking.

Low access to mobility/sticking power and no access to defensive mechanics without stopping to attack really messes with my fantasy of GW2's idea of a Warrior. 

Edited by Mikali.9651
  • Like 1

The nature of class roles and the moral/thematic implications of allowing the meta to guide balancing decisions are not the point, and if the individual using that rhetoric took their own advice, they'd have no reason to be here trying to convince a bunch of players that actually, they don't need to be serviceable in group content because the devs have a grand vision that involves warrior being hotdog water in pvp, or whatever.  

Except the nature of class implementation and balance standard is VERY relevant and to the point of the thread because the nature of classes being implemented primarily for thematic reasons means classes ARE serviceable in group content as the game content is designed around that fact. That's EXACTLY why we can play how we want and be successful. If content was balanced at a meta satndard, that COULDN'T happen. Obviously the game is NOT designed so that all classes are favoured in all instanced content, so that can't be a reason for changing them.

As for the PVP question ... yeah it's a mess after the 300 second CD's. That I have no defense for; competitive modes are a different beast. The problems there are WAY more complicated than just 'power creep left us behind'. Frankly, Warriors are behind because they have always been behind, it's just more obvious now we have lots more variation in classes. 

I get people don't like the message that I have ... I don't really care. It's how the game works and for good reason. There is GOOD reason to continue to advocate the game be designed around being able to play how you want and content/classes NOT balanced around the meta standard, despite people making decisions that prevent them from doing that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Except the nature of class implementation is VERY relevant because the nature of classes being implemented primarily for thematic reasons means classes ARE serviceable in group content as the game content is designed around that fact. That's EXACTLY why we can play how we want and be successful. If contente was balanced at a meta level, that COULDN'T happen. Obviously the game is NOT designed so that all classes are favoured in all instanced content, so that can't be a reason for changing them.

As for the PVP question ... yeah it's a mess after the 300 second CD's. That I have no defense for; competitive modes are a different beast.

Look, all I want is to play in PvP with my warrior without being hard countered by like... six classes breathing. Apologies if I come off as grumpy but the above has been the norm for warrior in PvP for a long time, and could be reasonably addressed by minor numbers changes that don't require shifting the meta.

I don't understand the notion that anyone is arguing for all classes to be equally favored in all instanced content. I am sure even in perfect balance, some classes will be favored in group content, and some classes will be less successful.

Not everyone is only looking at the PVE side, though. There are a sizeable amount of warrior mains on this thread that find their options limited because on the pvp side they only work marginally. Being told that it's bannerslave or nothing on the pve side on top of that unless you go out of your way to find a group willing to tolerate another build does not help matters. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Except the nature of class implementation and balance standard is VERY relevant and to the point of the thread because the nature of classes being implemented primarily for thematic reasons means classes ARE serviceable in group content as the game content is designed around that fact. That's EXACTLY why we can play how we want and be successful. If content was balanced at a meta satndard, that COULDN'T happen. Obviously the game is NOT designed so that all classes are favoured in all instanced content, so that can't be a reason for changing them.

Ah yes, the game is not designed around warrior being good for anything in small scale pvp, that another profession isn't better at.

It doesn't feel like game design got warrior to where it is right now. It feels like change after change forgetting that warrior exists, got warrior to where it is right now.

I started playing warrior to learn spvp, because really good players on youtube say its still a good profession. And you know what? They are right. But there are better professions for literally every role you can do as a warrior. If I knew what I know about war at this point, I would not have even made one.

Edited by Hotride.2187

56 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Ah yes, the game is not designed around warrior being good for anything in small scale pvp, that another profession isn't better at.

Maybe that's true but I have no doubt that 'being the best' at something isn't all that critical for PVP though ... That wouldn't be my focus to improve the class. 

It doesn't feel like game design got warrior to where it is right now. It feels like change after change forgetting that warrior exists, got warrior to where it is right now.

I doubt Anet 'forgot' warrior exists. What I don't doubt ... they have some reason for the changes they make and I can only believe that they are telling the truth when they tell us what they are. The most annoying part is not knowing how certain things will be resolved, like 300 s CD's. 

Sure, warrior is in a depressing state for PVP right now. Personally, I don't think it was ever in a really good place due to it's class design. Anet compensates somewhat for that with procing effects on long CD's ... it's not ideal if you are good at PVP because good PVPers take action with purpose. So when a class have the least number of actions and its effects are acted upon automatically without player control ... it's problematic.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

On 2/3/2022 at 5:58 PM, Stx.4857 said:

I don't main warrior but I do have two at max and I have been playing my newer one recently.

I am a bit confused why warrior doesn't have access to protection.  Even though the Boons and mechanics like barrier are being spread around everywhere, doesn't protection seem like a warrior style boon?   Like, I wouldn't really expect warrior to have regeneration for example.  But one of my mains is a Thief and it makes sense that Thief wouldn't have protection, because they are all about evades instead of mitigation.  But why doesn't warrior have it?   

Because warriors are supposed to be physical non-magical characters, thus lacking access to any magical buff... but Anet isnt known for its consistency and they clearly forgot when making berserker, magical fire out its kitten, spellbreaker with all its magical shield thing or even bladesworn who smokes so much magical bullets it has lapsus in the middle of the fights and forgot how to fight as a warrior. So... there is absolutely no reason why warriors shouldnt have access to protection now.

12 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Because warriors are supposed to be physical non-magical characters, thus lacking access to any magical buff... but Anet isnt known for its consistency and they clearly forgot when making berserker, magical fire out its kitten, spellbreaker with all its magical shield thing or even bladesworn who smokes so much magical bullets it has lapsus in the middle of the fights and forgot how to fight as a warrior. So... there is absolutely no reason why warriors shouldnt have access to protection now.

This is not true.

Warrior skills may be mostly physical in the nature of the results but they do use magic in their own way.  Berserker's greater use of the explosive force of fire and the blunt force of earth magic, and spellbreaker's greater use of the dispelling nature of shadow magic are much more obvious, but even core warrior imbues his actions with magic, just not with flashy spells. 

When a warrior goes "Rampage" they are using a physical skill, but the skill isn't merely physical just because the skill type is "Physical", when a warrior uses rampage, they are clearly growing in size and emitting particles, showing they are clearly using some sort of Strength magic.