I just finished the main story campaign.

Triga.5038

14 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Before you go, why don't you jump ahead to Heart of Thorns to get your glider unlocked, 

If navigating Dry Top and the difficulty of LW2 instances cause them this much rage, I’d hesitate to suggest they jump into HoT.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Triga.5038 said:

Let me ref-raise that, it should be the simplest part of the game. Ive encountered all the other systems and so far the PVE story has given me the most trouble!

Grind is not difficult, its tiresome, time consuming, but not difficult!

Thats my point, with the PVE campaign there seems to be some invisible force stopping me from moving forward. Like walking through mud or wading in water for miles!

You know about the green star on the map that tells you where to go next, right?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Triga.5038 said:

Let me ref-raise that, it should be the simplest part of the game. Ive encountered all the other systems and so far the PVE story has given me the most trouble!

Grind is not difficult, its tiresome, time consuming, but not difficult!

Thats my point, with the PVE campaign there seems to be some invisible force stopping me from moving forward. Like walking through mud or wading in water for miles!

I've felt this. I find it varies depending on the profession and race I'm playing. Felt the most like this with the norn personally. Not my cup o tea.

The story has always been kinda bad, unless you're a sylvari (Even then its luke warm but at least you feel like you're the character intended to go through the events) Even in modern time they seem to be more relevant as being what they are puts them in the forefront of any plot in this franchise.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

One of the worst/laziest about this game's story is that characters get killed for easy shock value way too often.

IIRC, in vanilla, it was a lot of NPCs that sacrificed themselves only to be forgotten in seconds.

And then in Xpacs, and the living world stories, now named, important characters started dying left, right and centre, again so often that it's becomes essentially meaningless (and then what happened to Aurene cheapened it even more).

So I agree it's not impressive, but I personally watch/listen through, because I do enjoy the acting of certain VAs. I feel they put a lot of effort and thought into it that's worth appreciating.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/9/2022 at 2:35 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

In my opinion, the Personal Story is far above what the Icebrood Saga turned out to be.

Other than the anti-climactic fight at the end, I enjoyed it.

I think the Icebrood Saga, up until Champions was better than the personal story over all.  When they switched focus to the expansion, the Icebrood Saga Suffered. Champions was obviously filler done by a small team that has few resources. 

We'll never really know how the Icebrood Saga would have been if the expansion hadn't curtailed it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think it's okay to stroll around. It's not great and not even close to a good one. Just simple okay. 

HoT was rushed and you can complete it in few hours. Like really? Lame. 

PoF had so many plot armors around I didn't even care anymore. 

LW stories tend to be better, but also too short. 

What annoys me the most that it often feels like written for kids at elementary school level. Those childish one liners and so on... 

All the main stories writing combined could probably fit in to a napkin, sadly 

Edited by Jin.8501
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

HoT and PoF were lot more fun for me to do i feel like the original core game story really needs updating it has way too much useless fluff that just drags on and makes me want to take months/years break in between.

It actually took me over 6 years to complete core main story because i just got bored when i hit the fort trinity and orr especially the orr just looks and feels too unappealing to me.

4 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

HoT and PoF were lot more fun for me to do i feel like the original core game story really needs updating it has way too much useless fluff that just drags on and makes me want to take months/years break in between.

It actually took me over 6 years to complete core main story because i just got bored when i hit the fort trinity and orr especially the orr just looks and feels too unappealing to me.

I agree.  I have plenty of issues with the writing in the later stories including the Lazarus tangent, Broham's angsty teenager stage, useless characters like Marjory, Taimi - the cute and lovable answer to absolutely any problem you ever encounter!, the complete dropping of the ball in finishing IBS, etc.  But when it comes down to it I found it enjoyable and rewarding to play through from HoT onward.  By comparison, the core story feels, well, just as bland and boring as the core game.  Just my take, of course.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Same here. The story after HOT is very frustrating and boring - Lots of annoying fighting and such little essence. Every character is angry and shouting, the maps are a pain to explore.. sadly many players that bought the patch were so disappointed.

Waiting for the End of Dragons though 😄 - I preordered and hoping for the game to be as enjoyable and relaxing as before.

I am sure that the gw2 team is working on that ^^

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I must be an odd duck.... I am enjoying the exploration & the story very much. The last part of the HOT story was a roadblock until kind fellow players (one of whom offers help in this thread) helped me out. Now I have a broken Caladbolg to restore.

One thing that adds to my enjoyment is having found the race who's personal "comments" I enjoy greatly. Happens to be male Charr. I started with Norn & Human ladies, but felt odd always complimenting myself or outrunning centaurs lol.

I also enjoy Canach & Rytlock's dry humor & grumpiness 🙂 I love the game!

• Like 4

I think back at launch the core campaign wasn't as noticeably bad because almost all of us had played gw1 at some point and it was pretty fun to learn more about orr and to see how tyria had changed. I mean I always had so many questions when we finished with the core campaign. Very rarely do you get to play a sequel of a game that takes place so many years in the future. You couldn't help but be excited. 

Probably the only reason I will buy this joke of an Ex pack. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

I might be a minority but the personal story was one of my favorite parts of the entire story. I really like how it slowly built to take the fight directly to Zhaitan. It truly felt like a group effort. Only thing I didn't really like was how long the lvl 80 part took. It felt like it never ended 😄 But I still had tons of fun playing it. 

• Like 3