As an engineer main, I approve of Jade Bots. Now, where do I sign my life over to the Xunlai Jade Corpos? 🙂

I think Anet will have a hit with Jade Bots the same way they did with mounts.  Although I can see a lot of personalization with them, they also added functionality to it. I also liked how they tied it into jewellery crafting, so there's a tangible element to it. The drone mode is something I'm looking forward to because I always hated having my screenshots fixed to my camera orbit. The other abilities like setting a custom waypoint is also going to be really cool for griffon riding. Work your way up to a high point, plot a custom waypoint, fly off and have fun, then teleport back and start over. If there's one thing left to seal this deal, it would be for Anet to give players the ability to create custom mount courses. Players setup custom jade rings we navigate through. Slap a leaderboard on those, vote/rate races, etc. That would be killer. The GW2 version of custom GTA5 races.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kondor.2904 said:

I really don't want to downplay all the people working on this, but this is beyond disappointing. I was really hoping the last "hidden" mastery would be something mind blowing, considering "press f to fish" remained one of the main PvE features. 

Like, not even remotely this looks like a usp of an expansion. This looks more like an icebrood saga 2.0 type thing. Why even bother creating a model for this pokemon creature, when all it does is the same old features we had in the game for years. Just add a mastery line with extra skill to the glider that updrafts you, extra skill to the boat that... speeds it up (on top of speeding it up from emotes). Alexa, play Deja Vu. Emergency waypoint thing and revive orbs have been in the game for ages, and it's now a unique game changing feature of 3rd! expansion ? 

And that on top of the "press f to fish", use boat to "press f to fish" a bit farther away from the coast, because an existing water mount makes this thing absolutely useless everywhere, except when devs purposefully lock events behind it to justify its existence, and another new niche mount (kudos for the new tech tho) ? 

No WvW info, except a feature that was supposed to be in "development" even before the xpac was announced. Nothing on sPvP.

Strikes overhaul and elite specs are better be omega exciting on release, because as it is right now, it looks more like the memed "expansion level content" rather than actual expansion.

Jade bots is the best thing for this expansion, why? cause its the only future of this expansion which can be used anywhere in the game,

Other expansions gave us similar,

Hot - gliding - used everywhere

Pof - mounts - used everywhere

Eod- Skiffs - used only for fishing ; fishing - only for farming and only in water bodies ; seige turtle - not useful if youre a solo player ; jade bots - can be used as a lot of things, everywhere in game (hopefully).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Kondor.2904 said:

Emergency waypoint thing and revive orbs have been in the game for ages

I am not aware of anything in game that would let you spawn your own private waypoint anywhere in the OW, and definitelly not "existing for ages". Revive orb is also different in functionality as it revides you from defeated, not from downed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

jade bots - can be used as a lot of things, everywhere in game (hopefully).

Unfortunately I've heard that some masteries will only work on EoD maps. I dont know if it's true or false, and if it's true I dont know if jade bots are among these masteries. I'll just wait and see and if it turns out to be false then even better for me. 

That being said, I think the jade bot is a great addition to the game. It doesnt really bring anything new to say but it does improve the already existing mecanic of the game. Do you really need the jade bot outside of EoD ? Who knows maybe, maybe not. But would jade bot makes everything that has been added into the game irrelevant ? Definitely not. And I think that is one quality that every DLC should bring : not necessarily new stuff that will replace the already existing one but an improvement of something that already exist in the game.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

And I think that is one quality that every DLC should bring : not necessarily new stuff that will replace the already existing one but an improvement of something that already exist in the game.

Yeah, 100% agree on this, an expansion should be having an actual addition in mostly every aspect of the game. Lets see if jade bots does it, or is only good in eod maps.

• Confused 3

22 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I guess we'll see.  I said the exact same thing about mounts prior to PoF releasing and they shut me up real quick on that one.  I was absolutely impressed with mounts and I've happily supported the game with mount skin purchases ever since.  If jade bots are half as cool as mounts I won't be disappointed and you can call me easily impressed if you like!

But they did server as a way to milk the gemstore. Mounts in gw2 are amazingly cool, there's no denying that. And that is on par on how much they worked for selling cosmetic. There are no mount skin that you can achieve ingame that i know of. Zero. That is not terrible, but not normal either. It is as greedy as you can get with it. Again, not terrible... just greedy and obvious.

Edited by Mesket.5728
  • Confused 10

22 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

But they did server as a way to milk the gemstore. Mounts in gw2 are amazingly cool, there's no denying that. And that is on par on how much they worked for selling cosmetic. There are no mount skin that you can achieve ingame that i know of. Zero. That is not terrible, but not normal either. It is as greedy as you can get with it. Again, not terrible... just greedy and obvious.

There is a warclaw skin that you can get ingame. So zero is wrong. 

And why is it greedy? You can buy them via converting gold, there are mount skins in the black lion chests you can get with keys. 

There is no subscription, somehow they have to make money. That’s not greedy. A company has to make money, pay their employees. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

You can get a skin for the warclaw through reward tracks. But other then that no. And how is it greedy to rely on gem store for revenue? They have expenses and if they were greedy they would choose another path then place quality of life items and fashion wars in there. It’s the least greedy game I know that gives thousands of play hours in return. 

edit: oh my o.o two makes a charm I guess xD 

Edited by Freya.9075
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

You can get a skin for the warclaw through reward tracks. But other then that no.

Technically you could say that there is one skin per mount (two for the warclaw) available in game, because every mount you unlock already comes with a default skin.

But I get that people that talk about "no mount skins available in game" are actually talking about alternate mount skins beyond the default ones . I guess I just felt the need to split some hair here  😉.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

I think your issue is with the method of obtaining the mounts, because you can earn it in-game with gold>gem.

And I can understand finding it dull. But the other way usually comes with the cost of a 15$ subscription.

Sub games are focused on keeping you happy so you don't unsub, and even then WoW and FFXIV are still pushing to see how much they can get away with adding on top of the 15$ sub fee a month.

F2P don't have your money and want you to spend NOW (or they usually wait untill you reach the point where most people get invested into the game, then they present you with the paywalls). B2P already have your money and also want you to spend more.

Sub comes with major advantages, there's no doubting that, but 15$ a month is also a huge a disadvantage.

I personally prefer GW2's model. And it comes with disadvantages. Sadly that's just how it is. 

I do however despise the ecto gambling and other gambling elements, but now i'm going off-topic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Hmmm. Thanks for Gemstore we can play Guildwars for free without and fee or whatsoever. How would you want Anet to make money to sustain the game and its future development. There's no greed, these are totally optional cosmetics or QoL items which you can buy for real money and support Anet or by simply farming gold. It's one of the fairest payment model from every mmo on the market. If there were to be mount skins outside of gemstore then Anet would have to find different ways to earn money to sustain Gw2, possibly by introducing monthly subscription which would be way worse.

I don't know what do you mean by "milking gemstore" but given early look at the Jade Bots, they seem like great QoL feature so I would be totally fine supporting it by buying future gemstore skins.

Edited by Nawrotex.9521
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Mesket.5728 said:

That's a matter of perspective.  Games like WoW let you unlock mount skins by playing the game, but you also pay a monthly subscription to play and they still have mount skins in the cash shop.  That method of monetization works better for me, but for a lot of players it doesn't.

Having said that, I think it would be nice if we had a few skins to unlock via playing the game and I don't count gold-to-gems on that score.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Nawrotex.9521 said:

How would you want Anet to make money to sustain the game and its future development. There's no greed

Sell content, let us earn rewards for playing it. You know, like an expansion. 

I for one would be perfectly okay with gemstore skins sustaining free content during Living Story seasons.

What I dislike is how even when we pay for the content (expansions) all of the skins will still go to the store. Every single one of them. That is not healthy, and yes, that is greedy.

Edited by witcher.3197
  • Like 2
  • Confused 14

9 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

I for one would be perfectly okay with gemstore skins sustaining free content during Living Story seasons.

What I dislike is how even when we pay for the content (expansions) all of the skins will still go to the store. Every single one of them. That is not healthy, and yes, that is greedy.

Maybe give us an idea how Anet can make money if every skins are available without buying? You all want what benefit the player and ONLY the player without realizing If Anet go under, so are those benefits. Who is greedy here?

And "all of the skins will still go to the store"...really? IRC there are skins that can be earned in-game, if you meant mounts then you seem to ignore the gem-gold exchange which you get by........playing the game.

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Blocki.4931 said:

So when will you sell the Bee Dog skin for the Jade bot and can I have five?

I admit, I didn't care for the idea of cosmetic skins for the jade bot ... until now. Anything SAB-themed, and I'm the first in line waiting for the store to open 🤣.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

What? I got all my mount skins via ingame gold/gem converting. Anet is far from greedy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

And why is it greedy? You can buy them via converting gold, there are mount skins in the black lion chests you can get with keys. 

There is no subscription, somehow they have to make money. That’s not greedy. A company has to make money, pay their employees. 

People who complain about Anet 'milking the gemstore' are not being reasonable. Somehow they think Anet being a business is 'greedy' ... which is absurd. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

Well, that's exactly how it DOES work ... you know, like EOD IS an expansion. 

Jade Bot skins ... yes please. If it's a Gemstore thing or not, irrelevant. Still completely obtainable by simply playing the game if a player chooses to do so. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

People went over and beyond with my comment lol. I said, its not terrible and I too unlocked many of them trough gold > gems. Such a need for many to point the obvious.

My point is they sacrificied any sort of prestige that would be tied to showing off a certain mount skin over the gemstore. Normally you'd have some unlocked through game and some through store and that is fine. Here, we just have the store. It is also fine, just for me, less fine. I get it, ANET needs money to keep the circus alive. Agian, its obvious why the need to state the obvious lol. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6