ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT!

2 hours ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

They couldn't have picked a worse month. The release is just in the wake of Elden Ring, Horizon, Dying Light, Sifu, Lost Ark, all of which have glaring and lingering spotlights shone upon them.

Maybe it'll do well regardless.

And WoW 9.2 and pre-orders of ESO: High Isles.

I think it's more that we've officially "recovered" from the Holiday Season and are ready to start anew.

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

They couldn't have picked a worse month. The release is just in the wake of Elden Ring, Horizon, Dying Light, Sifu, Lost Ark, all of which have glaring and lingering spotlights shone upon them.

I think picking a time for a game release is like having a baby -- there is no perfect time.  Game releases are like permanent whitewater, in a good way.  End of Dragons, Elden Ring, other games.... what a great time to be alive and playing.

• Like 8

My only disappointment is I can't play til late in the day because of work.  Hopefully my friend will hold off so we can start together, but their more excited about the update than I am and can't wait to play the new espec.  I thankfully get a holiday off that Tuesday tho, I can try to catch up while they sleep.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/22/2022 at 10:07 AM, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

I love being retired.  😁

This!  Every day is a day off for me.  My biggest issue will be that I normally sleep until 10 am and maybe eventually wander to the computer by 2 pm or later.  If this thing drops at noon eastern, on a hairwash day no less, I'm going to have to use my alarm clock and get to bed earlier the night before.  Gasp!  The horror!

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Enough of this fear of other games, let's fight them head on!!!

Edited by Raizel.1839
  • Like 3

On 2/22/2022 at 1:36 PM, Tiamat.8254 said:

Can't be, we always get everything on  Tuesday which is march 🤔

You usually get "things" in GW2 on the same day as they are being released in the U.S. by ArenaNet (Pacific Time), because - as stated - we are only 9 hours apart (CET) and the release times are long before midnight CET.

EU <> AUS/NZ. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Cyberpunk 2077 also had a big update recently which upgraded it for PS5 and Xbox X and apparently fixed most of the problems with it.

But for me that and Elden Ring actually work out well because it means my husband wants to use the PS5 more than the PC, so it's free for me to play GW2. The problem I'll have is if Total War Warhammer 3 gets a patch so it stops crashing after loading screens, because then there will be competition for the PC.

Although I see GW2 as more of a long-term thing. I'm not expecting to finish EoD in a month or whatever, so I don't mind playing it in smaller increments in between doing other things.

4 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

I think it's more that we've officially "recovered" from the Holiday Season and are ready to start anew.

I'm not sure High Isles is an issue. Sure it's available to pre-order but you can't play it yet (it's not even on the PTS). I suspect people who are playing both GW2 and ESO and pre-ordered High Isles will also have pre-ordered EoD and will play that one first, since it's coming out first.

I haven't got High Isles yet, I'm waiting until it's on the PTS to see what's actually included (mainly how big the map is). But then I only just got EoD. I like having the option to pre-order games, but I usually don't do it right away.

Edited by Danikat.8537

They'll find their way back. 

5 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

I can't talk about wow's content but it takes less than a day or two to deplete eso's "chapters". for dlcs, it's even worse. what zenimax does is a robbery compared to content quality of Guild wars' expansions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

This!  Every day is a day off for me.  My biggest issue will be that I normally sleep until 10 am and maybe eventually wander to the computer by 2 pm or later.  If this thing drops at noon eastern, on a hairwash day no less, I'm going to have to use my alarm clock and get to bed earlier the night before.  Gasp!  The horror!

Patch time is usually at 4am for me. Looks like it'll be a case of sleeping during the day (if I can get to sleep) or just staying up and playing while sleep deprived 😁

• Sad 1

Despite all my scepticism when it comes to the feature side of EoD, i.e. fishing and skiffs probably not being my cup of tea, upgrading Arborstone not sounding that exciting and more grindy, the turtle feeling like a fun gimmick but nothing I'll be using three months from now...

I'M VERY HYPED FOR THE STORY, THE MAPS AND THE ELITES!!!!!!!! GOGOGOGOGO!!! SEE YOU IN CANTHA!!!!!!!

(also no secret playable Tengu so far, which is a good thing🍗)

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/22/2022 at 10:50 PM, Miss Lana.5276 said:

I often joke that "it's rubbish that I have to wait a day longer than everyone else" because I'm in Australia.

Yeah, me too... here in the Philippines. When they say "Monday"... it is either late Monday night or early Tuesday morning ha ha  😎

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Competition is good 😄

They got my attention anyway, I can count on one hand the amount of new AAA games that have released in the last few years that I actually cared about XD

EoD is the only thing due soon that I have any interest in ^^ everything else looks meh.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Competition is good 😄

They got my attention anyway, I can count on one hand the amount of new AAA games that have released in the last few years that I actually cared about XD

EoD is the only thing due soon that I have any interest in ^^ everything else looks meh.

Pretty much the same for me here😅

• Like 3

On 2/24/2022 at 1:16 AM, TwiceDead.1963 said:

Feb works for me - I have never heard of any of those other games, so not a concern. 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 2