DO NOT nerf Dragon's End meta.

just was in another meta where people were trying and we got close, 10%.....another failure and another 2 hours down the drain with only a minor movement in my xp bar to show for.

2 guildies lucked out and got in a map with a hidden commander and group that was actively trying to bribe people to leave the map. they stayed and the fight went reasonably well...top tip, if people whisper you to leave the map, stay, it might be the one map that actually succeeds.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Melech.4308 said:

This isn't a problem Anet can solve. That's why they put out minimum hardware requirements : Minimum System Requirements – Guild Wars 2 Support. If you can't play the game because you don't meet the requirements, then what do you want the devs to do about it? Go back to 1990s DOS-based gaming because you don't have a powerful enough PC?

There is much ANet can do to help with optimization. Here are my system specs:

Ryzen 9 5900X w/ 64GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 CL 16 RAM
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero mobo
EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra 
SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 1000W PSU
Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD (operating system)
Samsung 980 Pro 2TB M.2 PCEe 4.0 SSD (games)

....and I still hit places where my fps drops below 30fps or less. So...yeah. Performance issues are definitely a thing. I wouldn't accuse people of playing on potatoes as the issue when the game lags heavily when you get more than a few players together in one place. My client crashes pretty consistently in WvW when you get a particularly large zerg going...and last night the client disconnected several times while exploring in EoD maps (and that's normally not a thing for me.) And I'm playing on the DX11 beta. 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, kharny.3284 said:

just was in another meta where people were trying and we got close, 10%.....another failure and another 2 hours down the drain with only a minor movement in my xp bar to show for.

2 guildies lucked out and got in a map with a hidden commander and group that was actively trying to bribe people to leave the map. they stayed and the fight went reasonably well...top tip, if people whisper you to leave the map, stay, it might be the one map that actually succeeds.

hahaha that's so dumb, but hey if it works it works right. The things we do to succeed where Anet has failed 

I would like the chime in currently the End of Dragon meta event is currently unbeatable for the average player and im pretty frustrated.

Some issues incl:

1. Green circles/wisp phases are a complete mess. Currently the whole map can't avoid the wisps as the whole map isn't coordinated enough to listen to comms and avoid green circles. In the same breath they also arent coordinated enough to do the intended mechanic.

Please fix this mechanic so if a few people fail the mechanic the whole meta doesn't fail.

2. It takes a long time, between 1- 2 hours. And everything in the meta other than the final chest (which noone has achieved yet) is not worth the effort put in just for the event to fail. You could add 10 minutes to the boss timer/ fix the tail mechanic there's a clear target and a bit more time to kill it.

I'm pretty disappointed I just want to get the turtle mount 🐢

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, Blackari.2051 said:

Please Anet for the love of whatever you worship, do not nerf this fight. Finaly there is a boss fight in open world where just spamming #1 is not enough.
Do not listen to cry babies just because finally they have to somewhat pay attention to what is happening. If you really have to do something maybe add an extra minute on timer to the boss fight but not too much...

absolutely fine, don't nerf it.. make it even harder. I don't care but don't lock turtle behind it..

This meta will die in a week if it's not for turtle egg. People are not enjoying playing this crap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

10+ tries fail here. wasted 20+ hrs on it. Not sure if I want to try again until some adjustment. It has been frustrating experience for me.

Even wing 5 didn't take take 20+ hrs when it came out.

I've only done the meta twice and I know better than to keep trying until they rework it. Not worth wasting all that time for nothing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

10+ tries fail here. wasted 20+ hrs on it. Not sure if I want to try again until some adjustment. It has been frustrating experience for me.

Even wing 5 didn't take take 20+ hrs when it came out.

Even Dragon Stand wasn't this frustrating when it first came out, nor was Chak Gerrent. Those were genuinely difficult if people didn't pay attention to mechanics they were meant to do. This one literally forces you NOT to do a mechanic in order to do it. Never thought I'd see the need for backwards thinking for a meta event. 

• Like 1

Doubleposting cuz update 

• Fixed an issue that could cause players to skip the "green circles" phase of the final boss of the Dragon's End meta-event. The overall fail timer for this mechanic has been reduced from 120 seconds to 75 seconds. The duration of the outgoing damage effect for successfully performing the mechanic has increased to 120 seconds.

They're really doing everything they can to keep this whack mechanic. Let's see how this update goes and see whether or not it's actually worth it this time round. We actually can't skip it now, they made it mandatory lel 

The problem with it is that with how it works the event is highly susceptible to trolls particularly. All it takes is one person waiting around and being an kitten and you've wasted so much time that will most likely fail the event just cause of it. If you had a group where EVERYONE LISTENED it'd be super easy. But that's not the case and this involves a bunch of random people coming together, inexperienced and trolls alike. 

6 minutes ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

I've only done the meta twice and I know better than to keep trying until they rework it. Not worth wasting all that time for nothing.

idk...the leader laid it all out and folks executed. there were some folks already with turtles in the squad. more than ive seen before, made it easier. i think as more people get turtles the easier itll get. The funniest thing is after both the wins, people in squad were like

"I hope they dont nerf it!"

"My heart was pounding!" 

etc. That's why challenge is important.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

If I want challenge I join a Raid. I play open world because I'm currently not looking for challenging  content. It's that simple. 
Why don't we keep challenging content out of open world if the easy stuff should be kept out of instanced content anyways?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

If I want challenge I join a Raid. I play open world because I'm currently not looking for challenging  content. It's that simple. 
Why don't we keep challenging content out of open world if the easy stuff should be kept out of instanced content anyways?

It's funny...before EOD a lot of people complained how there was no gap between casual open world content and raid content. There was no transition content. Well, here is the PERFECT mix between open world and raid. The same people that complained about not having good transition content are probably the same people complaining that one open world event requires a little bit of effort. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

It's funny...before EOD a lot of people complained how there was no gap between casual open world content and raid content. There was no transition content. Well, here is the PERFECT mix between open world and raid. The same people that complained about not having good transition content are probably the same people complaining that one open world event requires a little bit of effort. 

Have you heard of Strikes and Fractals yet?

Marionette is a perfect mix of open world and raid and I don't really see people standing in lines to do it not even a year after it was brought back.

I've seen more Dragon's End squads ask for KP/LI than EoD Strike squads.

As many people said, you want challenge go Raid, do a Fractal CM, you want 50 player content requiring coordination? Marionette, it's right there to satisfy your needs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Have you heard of Strikes and Fractals yet?

Marionette is a perfect mix of open world and raid and I don't really see people standing in lines to do it not even a year after it was brought back.

I've seen more Dragon's End squads ask for KP/LI than EoD Strike squads.

As many people said, you want challenge go Raid, do a Fractal CM, you want 50 player content requiring coordination? Marionette, it's right there to satisfy your needs.

if marionette's rewards were worth it, people would.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Einsof.1457 said:

idk...the leader laid it all out and folks executed. there were some folks already with turtles in the squad. more than ive seen before, made it easier. i think as more people get turtles the easier itll get. The funniest thing is after both the wins, people in squad were like

"My heart was pounding!" 

Challenge yes. Insanity, no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

And other than the turtle what do you get for Dragon's End that you don't get elsewhere that is worth preparing for it hours in advance? 5 Memories of Aurene? You get that in two other metas. 

Are you kidding? I got a TON of stuff. Even if you fail the last fight of the meta, you end up with tons of exp from all the multiple small events, tons of loot. There are like 30 chests at the end of the dragons end meta to get. It's awesome. 

• Confused 2

finally got the egg after the patch dropped. got it wth 2 minutes to spare and a very well coordinated group.

I don't know how i feel about the new changes. on the one hand everything went as well as it could have but if the changes weren't made we would have absolutely failed. on the other one we did succeed. I'm going to say that the adjustments weren't enough, considering how well coordinated my group was. It shouldn't require such extreme amounts of precision and coordination to get the siege turtle on an open world meta. So i'm all for changing it further or providing an alternative method of getting the siege turtle.

• Thanks 1

"Slightly challenging"

I don't get all the people who are trying so hard to appear superior by downplaying this. You literally just got lucky / know many skilled players. That doesn't make you "better"...it just makes you luckier. 

Try it with complete strangers. With no one you know. Then come tell us your "win rate". 

Edited by Xero the Dark.8230
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

The last nerf isn't enough. Nerf that again please.

Why not putting the difficulty into the personal story (& raids) rather than the open world?

Maps are full, it's fail on fail and now Commanders are kicking at any mistake... Not fun at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

"My heart was pounding!" 

Challenge is important, but so is variety. For this expansion they explicitly highlighted the new SMs as the go to content for those who want to challenge themselves so that area is already covered there.

Now I wouldn't be against an expansion were the challenging content is entirely in large scale raid style OW metas but to counterbalance for that the instanced multiplayer content would have to be aimed at and balanced for the average casual player.

Edited by Tails.9372