Hey, Please Don't Make the Game Impossible to Solo.

Ive been playing MMOs since 1997 and I can tell you this is the easiest MMO to play solo in that I have encountered. I have been playing GW2 6+ years.  There is no kill stealing in GW2 and no need to camp rare mobs for days. weeks or months. Join a meta tag,  the mob  and you are golden.

I did Skyscale solo in a weeks time. 

As comparison it took me 6 months plus to get my Ranger epic weapons in EQ and took many , many. raids with guild and players along with RNG drops.

If you want to find a solo player MMO you are not gonna find one much better. Make a necro or a Renegade there wont be much you cant solo outside Legendary champions. I have a dual staff Mirage that I have soloed meta events with. Took a long while but can do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, troy.3257 said:

Ive been playing MMOs since 1997 and I can tell you this is the easiest MMO to play solo in that I have encountered. I have been playing GW2 6+ years.  There is no kill stealing in GW2 and no need to camp rare mobs for days. weeks or months. Join a meta tag,  the mob  and you are golden.

I did Skyscale solo in a weeks time. 

As comparison it took me 6 months plus to get my Ranger epic weapons in EQ and took many , many. raids with guild and players along with RNG drops.

If you want to find a solo player MMO you are not gonna find one much better. Make a necro or a Renegade there wont be much you cant solo outside Legendary champions. I have a dual staff Mirage that I have soloed meta events with. Took a long while but can do.

Used to. That's what many of us love about the game.

But it really feels with EOD they try to move away from that and towards more group content. Really, really pushing you to do those. Moving more into line with the other MMOs and away from this unique aspect. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Used to. That's what many of us love about the game.

But it really feels with EOD they try to move away from that and towards more group content. Really, really pushing you to do those. 

Maybe I have not played EOD enough but I dont see it no different than any other expac. Meta events  you are still able to tag a mob not in party or squad and get credit. I have done 90 percent of EOD solo.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, troy.3257 said:

Maybe I have not played EOD enough but I dont see it no different than any other expac. Meta events  you are still able to tag a mob not in party or squad and get credit. I have done 90 percent of EOD solo.

Strikes have been implemented much, much more prominently. Rather than having the option to opt in and start a collection or grind towards certain gear within it. You really are pushed towards playing now. Not forced but heavily pushed. Through unrelated collections, the story, etc. 

And DE really isn't possible solo at the moment. Maybe that's something they intended to be possible but if it is, it's broken. As solo, it's pure luck whether you can get it. Both in terms of what kind of map you end up on and boss RNG. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 3/1/2022 at 4:42 PM, LittleSoftTail.8405 said:

I get that it's a MMO but a lot of us prefer to solo, at least, sometimes because of anxiety or just because they don't like having to group up with people constantly. I generally don't understand why MMO companies just love making it impossible/hard for players to solo their content. If I can't solo, then I guess I'm out. I have social anxiety and feel very uncomfortable grouping up with randos and even guild mates, the most I can do without feeling anxious or uncomfortable is to chat with other people on Map/Zone chat (I dunno why either), and yes, I get that I could just play singleplayer games but MMOs have something singleplayer games don't that I like.

I struggled enough as it is with HoT and PoF, and now it's possible that I won't be able to do any of the content without the help of a group. And I know I am not the only person who feels this way so.. kitten us, I guess.

I'm asking out of genuine curiosity, but what exactly are you having trouble with? I play majority of the game completely by myself outside of raids and fractals, and I've never once struggled with the game to a point where it has been a serious issue or that I can't figure it out by myself. I have had friends that struggled with the game so I usually end up helping them by joining their party or I would have to adjust their builds a bit...so what is it you're struggling with exactly that you can't solo with yourself? 

Edited by Veka.8710
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

This thread is hilarious to go through - all the soloplayer enthusiasts spamming "confused" reacts on posts stating the obvious that GW2 is primarily a multiplayer game. 

Want a game you can solo play - play a single player game not an MMO.

Anet have made this an MMO because that's the product that the wanted to create, I would hate to see them waste resources in adjusting their content to be all soloed.

If you're reacting "confused" I'll just assume you completely agree with me 🙂

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 3

This game is impossible to fail at solo or group. 

Even if you keep dying and the penalties rake up, and your armour breaks to the point you're in your undies, you're immortal, and ever reviving. 

Of you can't win with skill, you can always win with patience. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, disco.9302 said:

This thread is hilarious to go through - all the soloplayer enthusiasts spamming "confused" reacts on posts stating the obvious that GW2 is primarily a multiplayer game. 

Anet have made this an MMO because that's the product that the wanted to create, I would hate to see them waste resources in adjusting their content to be all soloed.

I don't know that I disagree with anything you're saying, but complaining about the confused emoji earns you a shiny new confused emoji.  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

On 3/2/2022 at 1:42 AM, LittleSoftTail.8405 said:

I get that it's a MMO but a lot of us prefer to solo, at least, sometimes because of anxiety or just because they don't like having to group up with people constantly. I generally don't understand why MMO companies just love making it impossible/hard for players to solo their content. If I can't solo, then I guess I'm out. I have social anxiety and feel very uncomfortable grouping up with randos and even guild mates, the most I can do without feeling anxious or uncomfortable is to chat with other people on Map/Zone chat (I dunno why either), and yes, I get that I could just play singleplayer games but MMOs have something singleplayer games don't that I like.

I struggled enough as it is with HoT and PoF, and now it's possible that I won't be able to do any of the content without the help of a group. And I know I am not the only person who feels this way so.. kitten us, I guess.

Hello, 
I know the sustain nerf have be terrible for some but it's not like it's now impossible to solo.
If you want help to build for solo feel free to /w me.
Lord Hizen, PaperRoll and Vallun are my 3 go-to when I need idea for build like this. Most of the other I've seen and try like Nike! or Wooden have very poor solo capability as soon as the game throw you something really hard.
Mettabattle have also some LI build that are quite tanky but often lack dmg (but easy to correct them).

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't know that I disagree with anything you're saying, but complaining about the confused emoji earns you a shiny new confused emoji.  Enjoy!

Thank you so much! I appreciate your support and understand that you agree with what I've said by the fact that you've added the emoji 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, disco.9302 said:

Thank you so much! I appreciate your support and understand that you agree with what I've said by the fact that you've added the emoji 🙂

Its this forums form of downvote, not entirely sure why you want to be downvoted or did you just not realise? 
You really don't understand how others can have different opinions then you, do you. 
MMO's just means other people are around, GW2 has built itself on being a game where you can solo for nine years. Nine years. 
Then released an expansion requiring perfect coordination with 50 people to get one of the expansions main selling points on all of their posts and vids. Even a Beta with it. Which is then followed by a forced 10 man strike (that is easy yes, but still, again, not soloable content) 

You can't go from a game that has catered to hardcore Casuals and solo players for nine years to a game that is not that without losing nearly everyone playing to the point the game dies and we all can't play it anymore, or is that what people like you want? GW2 servers to shutdown and the game be unplayable forever? If we wanted to play a raid MMO, we'd play the many other MMO's out there that cater to the 1% already. GW2 never did this before EoD.

Besides, the worst thing they did was do this patch on EoD launch. Why massively alter peoples playstyle and hurt disabled people on an Expansions launch day? Does Anet not respect the Disabled? Do they only want the 1% playing? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, disco.9302 said:

The last MMO I'm aware of that was designed like a multiplayer game was the original SWG. In that game, you had to work with other professions/people to accomplish anything of significance (unless you paid for multiple accounts) and the pacing was much slower, so people weren't in a panic to get everywhere and do everything immediately. And contribution could range from combat to being a dancer in a cantina and chatting with people who were healing up there to creating your own business within the game to being a politician and running a player city. It was a truly social game, something deserving of being called a virtual world.

Most of what people call multiplayer now as an excuse for talking down to those who want to roll solo are not really social games to begin with. They are single player games with some group content you can jump in and out of, and GW2 is not an exception. It just stood out by turning solo play ("do my own thing") into something that contributes cooperatively in the open world (for the most part).

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

A-net nerfed sustain traits because they were performing too good in a specific game mode:  Raids.  The impact of these nerfs are felt by the entire game community, which is exponentially larger than just raiders.

The fact that A-Net couldn't manage to rebalance these traits so that they would still be good in a solo environment just shows their laziness and incompetence.  All that these recent changes have done is reduce the build options for soloing challenging content.  Mainly, Condition builds were already better and now they are even father ahead.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2022 at 1:42 AM, LittleSoftTail.8405 said:

I solo most of the content and don't see how this was supposedly impossible. Fractals and raids are endgame content that has exited for years, so nothing has changed there, either.

Or were you referring to map meta events? For those, you don't have to talk to other players, either, unless you want to.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, ilonlie.4316 said:

The Dev's have made it where I've been able to "solo" every release including EOD.

Is there something in the works where soloing will be written out?

So you were able to get your turtle saddle without doing the required group strike mission for the thruster control unit? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 3/6/2022 at 5:41 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

In Seitung there’s an event chain that starts at a party, and your job is to dress as a servant and bring drinks and food to the guests. Very simple. Once it completes, though, the next event in the chain is a boss and two lieutenants. The boss spams a four way attack, portals at its feet that port players away, and frequently teleports. It has a large amount of overlapping ground indicators.

I was on my zerker holosmith, my son was on celestial virtuoso, and there were two other players there. The problem wasn’t dying, though. We timed out at about 10% boss health.

I’m not complaining, just sharing one experience to illustrate some of what I’ve encountered in EOD so far. The difficulty ramp up from fetch quest to those enemies was surprising. It’s not the kind of event anyones going to sit around and repeat to learn, as far as I can tell.

Confirming that the scaling is way off in Cantha. I soloed this event last week with plenty of time left on the timer. Not trying to brag or anything; but I actually found it quite easy. 🤷‍♂️ And I'm no pro player. It sounds like having 4 players there disproportionately ramped up the difficulty--maybe additional mechanics on top of the increased boss HP.

But the game isn't impossible to solo? And even for most world events that do require more people, you don't have to actually say anything.

If you don't want to ever play with anyone else in the game, that should certainly be a choice. But you can't fault the game for having content meant for groups, or having content easier if people work together.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1