Pls remove the story completion requirement for Specialization weapon collection

totally agree. i was shocked to see it there. cause i enjoyed doing specialization in HOT and POF. now i see it in EOD with all 9 of my classes needing to finish whole story lol WTF MAN. thats not fun, pointless. in POF was kinda perfect, it covers most content across POF and unique. EOD is overlapping too much with specific map completion and whole story and dont get me started on overlapping END OF GRADON JADE SEA FCKIN META COMPLETION, f that kitten not even sorted yet. 

its a nice story....dont f spoil it by doing this.  POF WAS DONE RIGHT for this, now u broke it. copy it, any eod map completion and no WHOLE story kitten. soo dumb

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

I don't know exactly.

Do you realy have to finish the entire storry for this collection, or is it enough to simply join someone in his last fight instance?

Did someone tried this out yet?

Doesn’t work. 

They’ve done little things all over the place to make the expansion grindier than IBS.  This is just but one of them. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

I don't know exactly.

Do you realy have to finish the entire storry for this collection, or is it enough to simply join someone in his last fight instance?

Did someone tried this out yet?

You have to finish the Dragon Void one by yourself. Don't need to do the last celebration one.

• Like 2

Jade bots being Character bound and unskippable long dialogue sequences you need to complete 9 times kinda just shows how alt-unfriendly EoD is, which is weird as this game has always been Alt Friendly. 

Did a different team design this? 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Jade bots being Character bound

There's nothing character bound about jade bots. Once you have unlocked them on one character, you can craft/buy modules for every one of your characters, just like other pieces of equipment.

If you just want basic use of jade bot features (like zip lines), simply craft or buy a tier 1 jade core for each, an investment of less than 2 gold per core. Or you can share the core between characters by putting it in the bank/a shared bag slot before logging off one character, then grabbing it with the next one you log in (cores can be equipped/unequipped on the fly and are not bound) if you don't want to invest that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

Yeah, either remove it or enable us to skip to the end somehow as in 'account wide story progression'.

Compared to HoT collections it is incredibly tedious and the time investment makes it mostly unrewarding.

I appreciate that the canthan boatman has a different lines for every race character and by all means who wants to, let them replay and enjoy, but it's just too many hours and repetitive dialogue.

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

Currently on my second time through the story for second ascended weapon. I can’t imagine having to do this 9 times total.

Friend and I attempted to pull into final mission through “replay for achievements” to “finish the Storlyine” and it didn’t work. Sadly.

Please, anet, don’t make those who love collections play this story 9 times. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Calisanna.8732 said:

Friend and I attempted to pull into final mission through “replay for achievements” to “finish the Storlyine” and it didn’t work. Sadly.

So you have to actually play the entire story on the specialization? You can't, for example, run the story on holosmith and rerun the final instance on mechanist?

• Confused 2