Unlikely, but please update Kaening

I know this falls outside of the normal development cycle but I sincerely hope we have some updates to create a more lively, eventful, Kaening. 

Larger variety of events, more large scale events, maybe even some adjustments to some of the existing buildings to make them fleshed out with interiors instead of just props. 
Maybe make a section of it a full scale divinity's reach type city hub and more threats and activity outside of that section?

I really think the train idea I proposed could be cool! (The jade cart train we see near the echovald entrance.) 

As it is right now it's mostly jade brotherhood events that all feel the same, neutral jade brotherhood npc's that are there if you WANT to fight them but you have no real reason to that I can see. And a meta that doesn't seem to be all that popular. 

A better telegraphed black-out would also be nice. The flashing lights are really cool but maybe if it were darker and there were more threats looming around the city. Do the netural jade brotherhood npc's all turn to an enemy state when a blackout is occurring in that area?

Are there thieves and bandits randomly mugging you while you're walking along alley ways? Maybe some of this is more difficult to do when you want more safe space for fishing on the canals but I've spent a couple hours just walking around taking in the sights and I feel like there's just so little going on.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

Yes, can we please revisit this map with some development resources?  I love the aesthetic, but there's just nothing going on here!  I wish I could go back and play Cantha the way we do with HoT, but it just feels empty and this map is the worst of all.  Can we get some more events and rewards outside of that overly long and unrewarding meta?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

One thing they can do is expand New Kaineng into old Kaineng. Since maps are time locked, at the time of EoDs old Kaineng is all ruins, but in the future a small portion of it could be reclaimed/rebuilt. Say 1/8~1/4 of the new map is a new Kaineng expansion and the rest of the map is Ruined Old Kaineng. There could be a meta with the ruined part of the map sends an undead invasion into the reclaimed part and you have to defend it. Then second part of the meta is the reclaimed portion sends troops into the ruined region to find the source of the continued undead assaults, culminating with a boss fight in the old palace with a surviving Zhaitan champion.

Edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

I wish the cop station had a bounty board and we could become a bounty hunter for them. Hunting down named gang bosses all around town. Like the bandit leader bosses in kryta!

That is something that I feel is sorely lacking compared to Path of Fire.

I get that expansions are meant to each have their own contents, but some aspects of Path of Fire, like bounties and mount races could easily transcribe to EoD. Again, why do we have skiffs but no skiff races ? Why do we have a dedicated security faction with none to hunt ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Naxos.2503 said:

That is something that I feel is sorely lacking compared to Path of Fire.

I get that expansions are meant to each have their own contents, but some aspects of Path of Fire, like bounties and mount races could easily transcribe to EoD. Again, why do we have skiffs but no skiff races ? Why do we have a dedicated security faction with none to hunt ?

Emphasis added.

Gryphon courses would be awesome in New Kaineng and Echovald.

• Like 3

It's weird that even dailies don't use the new areas. I was hoping to stop seeing daily desert bounty over and over.

The whole of Cantha feels a bit "that'll do".

It's obvious a ton of work went into Cantha. But this has to not be abandoned by the devs like other content which is never revisited. Cantha feels incomplete.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, OtakuModeEngage.8679 said:

One thing they can do is expand New Kaineng into old Kaineng. Since maps are time locked, at the time of EoDs old Kaineng is all ruins, but in the future a small portion of it could be reclaimed/rebuilt. Say 1/8~1/4 of the new map is a new Kaineng expansion and the rest of the map is Ruined Old Kaineng. There could be a meta with the ruined part of the map sends an undead invasion into the reclaimed part and you have to defend it. Then second part of the meta is the reclaimed portion sends troops into the ruined region to find the source of the continued undead assaults, culminating with a boss fight in the old palace with a surviving Zhaitan champion.

This is a really cool idea!

Unfortunately, such an undertaking would draw too much in the way of resources away from turtle, skiff, and fishing pole skin creation. It's a business, you know.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

It's weird that even dailies don't use the new areas. I was hoping to stop seeing daily desert bounty over and over.

The whole of Cantha feels a bit "that'll do".

It's obvious a ton of work went into Cantha. But this has to not be abandoned by the devs like other content which is never revisited. Cantha feels incomplete.

You do know that EoD got its own daily section right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Every map has its own dailies. It's not the same thing and you know it

HoT and PoF expansion zones do NOT have their own dailies but are lumped into the generic dailies instead, and people have been complaining about it for ages.

I strongly suspect that the complaints are the reason EoD got its own dailies instead of being part of the generic ones, too.