When will Arenanet realize THERE ARE TOO MANY CONDIS IN THIS GAME?

When will Arenanet realize THERE ARE TOO MANY CONDIS IN THIS GAME?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. When will Arenanet realize THERE ARE TOO MANY CONDIS IN THIS GAME?

• Never
    • Never
    • Never
    • Probably after the game is completely dead

• charrboiledeggs.8164 changed the title to When will Arenanet realize THERE ARE TOO MANY CONDIS IN THIS GAME?

I think there's not enough condition. We need another damage condi, and there should be one that reduces boon duration on a target to help against all the boon spam. Oh and necros should get their chill damage back, as well as give that to some other classes like Elementalist and Reverants. That would be fun.

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ardhikaizecson.3697 said:

Condi removal shouldve prevent the same condi being applied again for set amount time, same with boons.

...but honestly, this isn't a terrible idea.
People on the forums consistently hated it for years, but it really isn't a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Are you kidding me?!  Core staff mesmer used to have a trait that dealt more damage depending on how many different conditions a target had on it.  First they took that trait away, then they made it so that staff 1 could only inflict confusion and torment.  Chaos armor now only causes blind and confusion, it used to set people on fire!  Currently Chaos storm is my only way to poison, burn, or chill opponents and I can't cast that often enough.  And bleed? Staff mesmer only causes bleed if one of my clones gets a crit!  My condition based sub-class has been whittled down to a shadow of its former glory and you want to take more of it away?!

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Are you kidding me?!  Core staff mesmer used to have a trait that dealt more damage depending on how many different conditions a target had on it.  First they took that trait away, then they made it so that staff 1 could only inflict confusion and torment.  Chaos armor now only causes blind and confusion, it used to set people on fire!  Currently Chaos storm is my only way to poison, burn, or chill opponents and I can't cast that often enough.  And bleed? Staff mesmer only causes bleed if one of my clones gets a crit!  My condition based sub-class has been whittled down to a shadow of its former glory and you want to take more of it away?!

Not enough was done. 
Chaos needs deleted.

• Haha 1

Maybe they're just too common? You shouldn't be able to inflict 8 condis at the same time. Firebrand or Ele are the best condi classes, because there are only 2 dmg condis... Burning (literally 96% of condi damage) and some Bleeding. Not Torment+Bleeding+Burning+Poison like Renegade or Scourge, covered by cripple, slow, chill, weakness and blindness, so you can't cleanse them, because you have only one skill to do it every 30-40s... for 3 condis of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I could only pick one "never." Don't the forum polls allow multiple choice? 😉

I think there's room for at least one more. Something like "Senioritis: Forget the next skill you intended to use. Double damage if walking into a room."

Deja vu: If a condition's duration would run out while this one is s till active, it ticks until this condition is removed.
🎶 I've been tormented before, Higher with the stacks, and I know it's my point to cap,
Cleansing me is misery, downing on the point, it's so hard to purge bleed.
UOOOOOH!🎶

• Like 1

If I had to guess, I'd say they will never realize there are problems with conditions.  There are too many, they stack too high, and they are difficult to counter.  WoW did this much better with DoT spells.  It's just one more complication in an already too complicated game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1