[Suggestions ] Just listen to this guy

Hi everyone

I have been following this guy https://www.youtube.com/c/MightyTeapot/videos for a while, and well, he speaks facts. Im not a fan or anything, and there is not a particular video which I would like to bring on the table, but he truly brings problems to the sunlight

I don't know if someone has ever tried to suggest the devs to listen what he has to say in the videos, but if it is not, well, I'm doing this

I know that everything needs time, but a lot of problems are present in the game from a very LONG time

Is still today arena net staff really taking care of the players feedback?

I would like to read an opinion from the staff about all of these problems

• Like 10
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 54
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LordOfDeath.7420 said:

Why are you confused? I mean, watch for example: 'Why Guild Wars 2's Weak Endgame Rewards Are A HUGE Problem'

The Devs already tend to listen to him. They are implementing things that he is saying already... the problem is... he is not 100% right with some things but the devs listen to it nevertheless. The confused might be from people that think that he is not a "balance-god".

Alot of people have pointed out that it is a problem that they are listening to him, because he, same as every other player, is biased to a certain degree.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Infact I did not mention the word "balance", but just "problems"

Exposing problems in the detailed way he does is a great job, and if you say the devs tend to listen to him, then this is a big step forward.

The balacing stuff is another different step and the really hard part, which could ask for help and more opinions

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 18
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LordOfDeath.7420 said:

Infact I did not mention the word "balance", but just "problems"

Exposing problems in the detailed way he does is a great job, and if you say the devs tend to listen to him, then this is a big step forward.

The balacing stuff is another different step and the really hard part, which could ask for help and more opinions

just wanted to point out why people are voting confused on you as you seem to be new here. ^^

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, LordOfDeath.7420 said:

I have been following this guy https://www.youtube.com/c/MightyTeapot/videos for a while, and well, he speaks facts. Im not a fan or anything, and there is not a particular video which I would like to bring on the table, but he truly brings problems to the sunlight

I don't know if someone has ever tried to suggest the devs to listen what he has to say in the videos, but if it is not, well, I'm doing this

I guess, he is an Anet partner, so my guess is, that Anet already listens more to him than to "normal" players.

Streamers like him have opinions, like most other players have, and are biased, like most other players are. That's fine.

But streamers also want to grow their own community and want to get more followers and this is what makes them different to most other players (that just want to play a fun game) and this is why everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

If you want to start a discussion about the game: Please do so yourself.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, LordOfDeath.7420 said:

Why are you confused? I mean, watch for example: 'Why Guild Wars 2's Weak Endgame Rewards Are A HUGE Problem'

I have and it's a very typical teapot video. Hyper focused on the perspective of the most hardcore players, on growing the hardcore community and, by extension, his community.
Which is obviously a valid cause.
However he's not speaking facts. He's sharing his opinion as someone who's running a massive hardcore community and as someone who plays the game 6+ hours every day for a living. 

An example how this affects his suggestions / complaints negatively. He rarely focuses on the on boarding experience for inexperienced players. The answer "join our runs" is far more prominent than discussing systemic issues that keep people out of the modes.
And just to clarify. This should not be expected of him. After all, he's not a designer with ANet. It's completely valid for him to share his perspective and focus on the stuff that's important to him. But it does mean what he's sharing isn't objectively the right way forward and should be implemented asap. It means it's an opinion ANet can consider.

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Boh.4568 said:

Mighty Teapot is a known WoW spy, he puts some stock GW2 footage as overlay on twitch while he plays WoW underneath, don't fall for his tricks!

Can you ask him if the pay is good ? Because i have some  problems with Smite and the Honduran peso they are paying with .

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I've enjoyed some Mighty Teapot videos.

I was also very dissappointed to find that his "hardcore/casual divide" video was him and three other raider guests mostly talking about how to get casuals trained to raid. Seemed like a very narrow approach to discussing the hardcore/casual divide.

He seems very intelligent and knowledgable about the game, but from a very specific perspective.

• Like 25
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

If you want to start a discussion about the game: Please do so yourself.

Anyone who wants to start a discussion should first have their own thoughts and ideas.

15 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I've enjoyed some Mighty Teapot videos.

I was also very dissappointed to find that his "hardcore/casual divide" video was him and three other raider guests mostly talking about how to get casuals trained to raid. Seemed like a very narrow approach to discussing the hardcore/casual divide.

He seems very intelligent and knowledgable about the game, but from a very specific perspective.

Hehe. "The problem with GW2 content creators." there are simply not enough of them to provide a variety of perspective on different topics.

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The Devs already tend to listen to him. They are implementing things that he is saying already... the problem is... he is not 100% right with some things but the devs listen to it nevertheless. The confused might be from people that think that he is not a "balance-god".

Alot of people have pointed out that it is a problem that they are listening to him, because he, same as every other player, is biased to a certain degree.

Some people on the forum have appropriated the "Confused" reaction for disagree/downvote purpose.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

ZOMG!11!!!i1!!1I!!!!1!1!I1!ONE!II1!I!!1!I!!I1!I!1
I JUST FOUND THIS HUGE RESOURCE ON THE GAME AND I JUST WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH ALL OF YOU!!!!
IT REALLY HELPED ME A LOT AND I'M SURE IT WILL HELP OTHERS TOO!!!!!!!
ANET SHOULD REALLY JOIN UP WITH THESE PEOPLE AND MAKE THE SOURCE ACCESSABLE INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIKE MY COMMENT IF I HELPED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 22
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, LordOfDeath.7420 said:

GW2 has a very toxic and loud subcommunity of hardcore players who are either very much against anything that would threaten their comfort zone or who are very hardcore about low effort/high rewards gameplay. The "confused" reaction is also usually used as downvote option. A lot of players of the aforementioned subcommunity use that downvote option to vote against anything that could potentially harm the protected bubble they're playing in. Teapot himself isn't always fully correct, but he has a lot of good proposals which would - if implemented - on one hand force people to adpot a more involved style of gameplay and on the other streamline gameplay progression.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 24
  • Sad 1

Sometimes Teapot does indeed talk facts, but every so often he talks opinion.  And not everyone is going to agree with his opinion, since he is a harder core player. I don't necessarily agree with everything teapot says.  Seems to me that there's room for multiple opinions out there. Unlike some people, though, I prefer to form my own.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Teapot thinks he's funny.

Mukluk actually is.

And this is from a Brit.

There's just something about Teapot's "personality" that rubs me up the wrong way.

I've watched enough of him to know he has some good points, but at the same time, he's very focused on the sweaty-palmed side of the game, and any suggestions he makes are going to benefit those types of players first and foremost.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

, so my guess is,

You cannot base an argument around this. You simply cannot.

Teapot is right about a lot of things, but - as he himself admits - he's also biased to a degree and most likely wrong about others.

I've watched enough of him to know he has some good points, but at the same time, he's very focused on the sweaty-palmed side of the game, and any suggestions he makes are going to benefit those types of players first and foremost.

He's trying to preserve variety by enabling and motivating more people to try out different kinds of content. That's not exactly what you described.

EDIT: I'll also add that I know many people here will get extremely salty about the subject, and that is one of the reasons it is so difficult to commit to improving the game: many of the responses here are EXCELLENT examples of some of his points, in fact.

The players themselves are partially responsible for holding the game hostage. Just look at the what folks write here: "Teapot shill", "he's WRONG!!" etc. 
Not even considering, for a minute, if he does in fact have a point. It's true, and deep down you and me both know it is.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

He's trying to preserve variety by enabling and motivating more people to try out different kinds of content. That's not exactly what you described.

"Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man."

As mine is my own. I think one thing, you think another. On this, you're not going to convince me otherwise.

I've seen Teapot arrogantly laugh, crow and belittle people for not knowing some obscure game esoterica enough times to reinforce my opinion of him.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3