Are you for or against pin sniping and why?

Are you for or against pin sniping and why?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against pin sniping and why?

• Pinsniping is part of the game I'll do as I please
    • Its unsportsman like, I don't pin snipe at all
    • I only pin snipe outside of GvG based matches
    • Lol Ranger rapid fire go Brrrrrr!

Reasons to pin snipe:

1.) Vs an outnumbering enemy, anything goes.

2.) So they cry about it. The best commanders give no kittens about it and sometimes even dodge instead of relying on 7 illusions and 6 firebrands.

Just get like 3 spectres babysitting if people are that afraid.

Also don't throw rocks from glass houses. When you have no qualm running over smaller groups and kitten over your own roamers and small groups, while even combining up with other guilds to form a map queue, then don't complain about what randoms do even if it means there's like... a 5% chance you may die. It's somewhat amazing how people will chest beat about skill in this game and be so afraid of even the possibility of failure.

We've just had a long history of "fight" groups allegedly wanting fights that band together on the same server so they can't fight each other. So as much respect is given as is deserved.

Btw, most of the time you're not actually being sniped. Maybe stop running 100 feet ahead of your people? Or realize you probably built yourself the tankiest and the rest of your squad isn't?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why shouldn't this be a thing?  I personally rarely play classes that excel at pin-sniping, but considering how many tags prioritize keeping themselves alive (not all, but definitely some) and how many squads fall into shambles when the tag dies (again not all, but definitely some) it's absolutely a valid tactic.

• Thanks 1

If they're a part of their composition I want to disrupt I'll go for it. I wouldn't care much if someone else does, but am I sure our people are going to capitalize on that or am I just showing off? Am I trying to get a large fight to happen in this spot right now or am I trying to make them think about leaving for another area or map if they think our people are getting personal? 

I wouldn't hold anyone to any made up rules in WvW but people will have to decide what kind of fight they want and where they want it for the next hour or so.

Edited by kash.9213

I have no idea what it is, so if I ever do it, I probably think it is totally ok. I also don't know "boon ball".

Generally, I have gotten used to people using acronyms and cryptic jargon terms for so many things that I refuse to keep up memorizing them and just accept that I have no idea what they are talking about often. Like when people on a pve map ask for help with a specific boss or event but they use two-letter abbreviations expecting everyone else to have spent weeks on that map and know every event and boss inside out (including where they are).

30 minutes ago, Shikigami.4013 said:

I have no idea what it is, so if I ever do it, I probably think it is totally ok. I also don't know "boon ball".

Generally, I have gotten used to people using acronyms and cryptic jargon terms for so many things that I refuse to keep up memorizing them and just accept that I have no idea what they are talking about often. Like when people on a pve map ask for help with a specific boss or event but they use two-letter abbreviations expecting everyone else to have spent weeks on that map and know every event and boss inside out (including where they are).

Pin sniping is targeting commanders.

Boon ball is when a group/guild runs in a tight ball formation, composition is usually at least 1 firebrand and 1 scrapper in every sub group to cover support, and in combat they usually have 8-12 boons running near 90-100% of the time. Highly coordinated they can become super protected with the amount of healing/cleansing/boon production they have, there's no reason anyone in that type of group should be given special "don't target" treatment.

The only groups you wouldn't want to target the commander is pug zergs, because that definitely kills fights quickly as those coms tend to quit after losing a fight or two especially if they're being targeted.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 3

i mean nobody care about openfield pugs trying to snipe the lead, unless they do it during fights of other groups. thats kinda grieving then and you may get spiked if u do this 😛

in any structured fights active focusing the enemy lead is a bit nuts. though sometimes the com was just too slow and ate the whole bomb, or his squad was backpedaling without his call and nobody could mitigate damage there - then the lead is dead and sometime this is mistakenly called "pin snipe / com snipe"

(pin = com or tag in EU)

honestly the only reasons why you'd snipe the com is if the group behind him is impossible to fight for you, it's therefore kinda sign of weakness. it funnily can end a 40ish ppt groups push onto a keep which has barely defenders - in that occasion imo it is legit to snipe the tag.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Everything is legit. You dont impose some kind of made up, one sided rules. Unless its an organised match between 2 groups like gvg and everyone involved agrees in advance. Otherwise game is played within its set rules. Everything else is just QQ.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

The only groups you wouldn't want to target the commander is pug zergs, because that definitely kills fights quickly as those coms tend to quit after losing a fight or two especially if they're being targeted.

Thats just sounds like another way of telling the zerg they cant fight for kitten without someone holding their hand?

• Confused 1

If people don't see a problem with zergs stealth pushing single players or running over people as they try to duel then I don't see why I should care about them complaining about pin sniping, or when I sit in their group on permastealth minstrel deadeye so when they blast stealth they reveal all their supports. There's either unwritten rules that you respect or everything is fair game, your choice. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If you pin snipe during GvG you are not a man.

Everything else is WvW anarchy so who cares. If I have to rely on a cloud against a boonball I'll do whatever it takes to win, the easiest way being pulling the commander so the cloud can take the tail during those seconds of chaos.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

Considering he has 10 healscrapper behind him spamming Med Blaster, wouldn't it be better to wait until someone of that blob is staying a bit off and snipe him instead?

Lock up some of those people down the buff train, see how far the tag keeps pushing until they realize their tail got stretched out and chewed up. Wait a little so you know they're thirsty and about to commit, or you know your side is super alert and ready to jump on something.

Rambling you can ignore or skim through

That's a good time to be tuned into their body language so you know how elastic they are, like if they'll keep their cool and lock you up or not and do the same for your side because it's frustrating when you think you read the room and make a play but find yourself alone (pan camera often at max speed until you're done fighting so you know what's up around you and you can pick up on map movement lag faster) getting melted.

If it goes right, I can feel the blobs breath and I look ahead and see their next few steps. Once it all takes off, I can circle strafe and lock up a few different points around their core that's mitigating for tag or who are quelling what we're doing with a couple of Wells and other Control. Hopefully that's reflexive and timed well and the tag is out front and frantically turning back into their blob to pull it back to a staging spot again or to bounce.

I don't try to set any of that up though because it's pretty likely I'll end up looking dumb because there's a lot of smart players out there and will have to run back but when you're feeling that vibe, it's like a moth to a light bulb. 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Haha 2