What's the Point of Backbreaker Doing 23dmg Crits?

Really feels like adding salt to the wound. It's quite sadistic, seeing that big 23 damage pop up my screen. Why didn't you make it zero instead of an irrelevant number that's almost close to zero? Is there an inside joke about this? Either have it do real damage or none at all. My ranger's owl wet farts do more damage than an alleged backbreaker. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Many warriors keep asking for all kinds of random sustain buffs, functionality changes, ect....

NO, just give them damage back on CC, it really is that elfling simple.

A class without teles and stealth should hit hard, even on CC, it doesn't have to be career ending on cc, but it really needs to be a "reconsider my options" moment for the opponent when it lands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Really feels like adding salt to the wound. It's quite sadistic, seeing that big 23 damage pop up my screen. Why didn't you make it zero instead of an irrelevant number that's almost close to zero? Is there an inside joke about this? Either have it do real damage or none at all. My ranger's owl wet farts do more damage than an alleged backbreaker.

That functionality would require a rework of the skill, and the cmc martial art style dictates reworks cannot be done in a way that positively affects warrior quality of life, unless it's about banners.

Namaste 🙏 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

It need to do dmg or we could abuse our none existing stealth. 

Duh.

3 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Many warriors keep asking for all kinds of random sustain buffs, functionality changes, ect....

A class without teles and stealth should hit hard, even on CC, it doesn't have to be career ending on cc, but it really needs to be a "reconsider my options" moment for the opponent when it lands.

I wouldnt call a rework of defense some random self sustain. Or QoL stuff for tactics. Maybe even put MMR to another traitline (which would suck I guess).

I am pretty sure that no serious war player would want to see more buffs to heal shouting since that playstyle is just awful (and you can do pretty much nothing against it as an enemy). 

• Like 1

The backbreaking effect comes from the unbearable guilt that comes with doing damage.

Warrior is a class of peace. At least now it is.

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

That functionality would require a rework of the skill, and the cmc martial art style dictates reworks cannot be done in a way that positively affects warrior quality of life, unless it's about banners.

Namaste 🙏 

I agree. If we are swinging pool noodles around then it should be less than 1s cast-time. I can probably swing a pool noodle faster than a split second in real life.

I also humbly request a pool noodle hammer skin and a NERF(brand) mace skin.

Namaste indeed 🙏

6 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

The answer is simple: most hard cc skills are not meant to deal damage in PvP, but if ANet would remove the damage completely these skills could be exploited, e.g. apply cc out of stealth without being revealed. So they all get a 0.01 muliplier.

Another reason might be ANet internal stuff, e g. that the PvP balance team might not be allowed to functionally change skills.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1

NO! For starters, CC should do no dmg, disabling the opponent is more than enough, and that was the idea in GW1, which was, is and will remain the better game....always. 

CC should not be spammable! You should not be able to CC an already CCed target...the devs are aware of that and basically anybody who actually played a balanced game before knows that. Diminishing return on CC would be the only thing possibly left to justify dmg on CC, the disabling effect would stop working if applied to the same target..but the dmg stays. 

@Arheundel.6451 you know that a allready cc guy will be maybe less long in cc Mode if you just cc him with a less duration cc skill? Its not like that they Stack up or something. Also beside this we get stunbrakes and stability. Why not made stability more ingame instead of overnerf cc skills so the build Diversity decrease. 

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

NO! For starters, CC should do no dmg, disabling the opponent is more than enough, and that was the idea in GW1, which was, is and will remain the better game....always. 

CC should not be spammable! You should not be able to CC an already CCed target...the devs are aware of that and basically anybody who actually played a balanced game before knows that. Diminishing return on CC would be the only thing possibly left to justify dmg on CC, the disabling effect would stop working if applied to the same target..but the dmg stays. 

CC should do damage for skills appropriate. That CC blanket change will always be one of the most DUMBEST changes to ever have hit this game. This isn't GW1, it's Gw2 and comparing the gameplay of both games, they're vastly different from each other other than world setting and skill references, so yes YOU say Gw1 is the better game, but that doesn't mean it should dictate the balance around this game when they don't even play similarly. 

This game had CC damage since launch and for many years until Feb 2020 patch hit(Still exist in PVE ) when they decided to leave the balance with 1 person rather than a team.   You're given tools to manage incoming CCs, such as multiple skills with stunbreaks(some even stunbreak allies as well), stability, and funny enough also getting CC'd yourself(Passive Interaction Lightning Aura) not to mention other supportive mitigation tools like blind, aegis etc, more than other games provide if you want to rope in OTHER games into this discussion. 

35 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

did you really suggest more Stability?

I mean if we're going to go around with blanket changes are good for the game and everyone is crying whining about being stunlocked still, tacking on 1-2s of stability on every stunbreak is going to make it a lot harder to get stunlocked unless you're just eating every CC skill.

Edited by Lucentfir.7430

1 hour ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

tacking on 1-2s of stability on every stunbreak is going to make it a lot harder to get stunlocked unless you're just eating every CC skill.

they call it Diminishing returns. Its a mechanic that prevents you from being stunned again if you should have been stunned in the last few seconds. And no...  i dont want that. It would yet again be another HUUUUGE nerf to Warrior, as on of their main ways of killing someone rightnow is chainCCing and squeezing damageskills inbetween the CC.

personally speaking i think in the battle of CC vs Stunbreaks/Stabi....  CC is the looser here 100%. Nothing more unsatisfiying to use a CC skill just to notice your enemy has stability.... nothing happens and you hit him for a whooping 23 criticaldamage... That just feels weird.

But adding Diminishing returns or... as you call it Stabi after a stunbreak... will completly YANK the balancing yet again...

Alot of the skills that are problematic, and mainly alot of the Warrior skills should just be changed from A Knockdown or stun to a Daze. As Daze skill are currently still allowed to deal damage, altho they are technically still a CC skill. For example Ranger has some Dazes on his pet that Daze for 2 Seconds and deliver close to 8k Damage... That is things that a Warrior can only dream off.

Edited by Sahne.6950

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

One, this game can't cross profession like gw1, so war is always telegraphed and not teleportung.

Two, war loses the most damage because of 2020 because they have the moat hard cc skills, with about 40% of all their attacks being some hard cc.

Three, this game has other effects that other games don't have, such as stability.

Cc could be chained in gw1 too.

You have stunbreaks, blocks, blinds, evades, and even options to teleport away.

But, your logic does apply to every other class though.

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

they call it Diminishing returns. Its a mechanic that prevents you from being stunned again if you should have been stunned in the last few seconds. And no...  i dont want that. It would yet again be another HUUUUGE nerf to Warrior, as on of their main ways of killing someone rightnow is chainCCing and squeezing damageskills inbetween the CC.

personally speaking i think in the battle of CC vs Stunbreaks/Stabi....  CC is the looser here 100%. Nothing more unsatisfiying to use a CC skill just to notice your enemy has stability.... nothing happens and you hit him for a whooping 23 criticaldamage... That just feels weird.

But adding Diminishing returns or... as you call it Stabi after a stunbreak... will completly YANK the balancing yet again...

Alot of the skills that are problematic, and mainly alot of the Warrior skills should just be changed from A Knockdown or stun to a Daze. As Daze skill are currently still allowed to deal damage, altho they are technically still a CC skill. For example Ranger has some Dazes on his pet that Daze for 2 Seconds and deliver close to 8k Damage... That is things that a Warrior can only dream off.

I know what Diminishing Returns are, I've also experienced what it was like  when I went to go experience WoW and it's PvP.  We're just at this impasse arguing back and forth (the forums) instead of keeping things simple, and people supporting some really weird balancing decisions , which is why we're in this situation in the first place(and the fact we have no real say and it hinges on a Dev decision)🤷‍♂️. I'm all in support for just bringing back CC damage, though modest and sensible damage numbers, and not the ones where people are getting hit for 8k crits light armor. But that's a fat chance since the past 2 years this game has revolved around taking away everyone's tools rather than actually balancing. 

Edited by Lucentfir.7430

13 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

They will not go back on their decision, the same way they knew how to kill warrior condi management with resistance so as to leave the group clear for the boon/condi vomit specs that EoD brought over.

And since they won't go and check every single skill individually to add proper dmg back, the suggestion for Body Blow to function as a power block non-crit power dmg trait on CC has been made, because we know how people would cry for the 8k backbreakers and the trait would immediately get an ICD of like 10 seconds making it practically useless once more. 

So instead, warrior mains at least in this forum, wish for QoL and changes that may be easier in warrior sustain with payoff, such as Adrenal Health and Cleansing Ire, which enable proper stick to the enemy, gameplay. 

I would love to get dmg back on my CC's, but it won't happen.