Predictions and copiums for the "ultimate june balance patch"?

Veprovina.4876

35 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

They make all 3 elites different mechanically.

Super copium!

Your turn!

I don't think they'll touch Virtuoso due to already the countless of feedback they received during beta and didn't even bother to take anything into considering other than the blade generation lol... But the following  below is what I feel that they might have touched/looked at:

• Core traits in (Chaos, Inspiration and maybe Illusion?) mainly to give them a better identity instead of just having a bunch of traits jumbled around in different trees just to affect phantasms/damage/a utility etc... 🤷‍♂️
  • Our off hand weapons, mainly the phantasms and how they function?
  • Our Mantras
  • Phantasmal Defender
  • Veil
  • Maybe Time Warp? But I doubt it
  • Staff
  • Chronomancer shatters
  • Chronomancer traits
  • Mirage traits (notably Dune Cloak)
  • Sand Through Glass
  • Crystal Sands
  • Maybe finally merging Mirage Advance + Illusionary Ambush?

Just a thought, but these are what I'm leaning towards as to what they'll adjust.

Edited by Tseison.4659

A lot less than we hope or anticipate will happen. 

Given that we are two weeks out and we haven't seen or heard anything yet, it suggests to me that there are no major changes coming to any profession.  I anticipate we receive a round of 'balance' tweaks to numbers for Mesmer (no mechanical or functional changes), as the heavy lifting is needed to update Ranger and Warrior this pass.  There will be a dev message saying 'they think most of the professions are okay' and 'will watch and see how these changes affect the meta' but then won't actually do anything to address dead or useless skills and traits.

What I would hope is that Chrono gets a review and some clarity on where it fits into the meta (Support Heals/Boons?  Power DPS?) and better access to the tools needed to fulfill whatever roles that is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

A lot less than we hope or anticipate will happen. 

Given that we are two weeks out and we haven't seen or heard anything yet, it suggests to me that there are no major changes coming to any profession.  I anticipate we receive a round of 'balance' tweaks to numbers for Mesmer (no mechanical or functional changes), as the heavy lifting is needed to update Ranger and Warrior this pass.  There will be a dev message saying 'they think most of the professions are okay' and 'will watch and see how these changes affect the meta' but then won't actually do anything to address dead or useless skills and traits.

What I would hope is that Chrono gets a review and some clarity on where it fits into the meta (Support Heals/Boons?  Power DPS?) and better access to the tools needed to fulfill whatever roles that is.

Do they often preview changes, though? I don’t remember them saying anything two weeks before some of the big changes in the past.

It’s usually just “read the patch notes day of and try to pick your jaw up off the floor” isn’t it?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Do they often preview changes, though? I don’t remember them saying anything two weeks before some of the big changes in the past.

It’s usually just “read the patch notes day of and try to pick your jaw up off the floor” isn’t it?

Haven’t they started providing us with pre release notes the last patches, toget the feedback of the community so they can adjust to it ( I know kitten has happened between release notes and release but that’s what they said if I remember correctly)

3 minutes ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Haven’t they started providing us with pre release notes the last patches, toget the feedback of the community so they can adjust to it ( I know kitten has happened between release notes and release but that’s what they said if I remember correctly)

I was unaware of that.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I was unaware of that.

Oh well, it was more a question. I cannot remember anymore either. Maybe I’m fantasizing something together but I thought I remembered. It is so rare that they bring real balance patches that it’s kinda always a new experience 😅

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Senqu.8054 said:

Oh well, it was more a question. I cannot remember anymore either. Maybe I’m fantasizing something together but I thought I remembered. It is so rare that they bring real balance patches that it’s kinda always a new experience 😅

True!

3 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

They did say it around 2020 before they got lay off which threw everything they said out of the picture.

To be fair, there are both pro and cons to pre release of the patch note. The pro being that it revitalize the community for a few days and the cons being that people tend to forget faster that a balance patch have been released after the release of this patch (Which often bring back sourness faster than needed).

Anyway, copium! I hope for some time warp love.

• Like 2

Reddit is desperate to see Virtuoso DPS nerfed even though that is all it can do because of some strange ideas about what kind of numbers it can pull off (most of them don't even know the dps benchmarks that match Willbender/Harbinger require expensive writs) so I'm expecting nerfs to that. Unfortunately the only way I can see them really nerfing the cdps build will also nerf the underperformaing power build. These will be on top of the nerfs both builds get from the removal of banners.

Chrono will never be made good again because people still have ptsd from HoT even though Firebrand (and now Mechancist) is much stronger then Chorno ever was and easier to use as well as being good outside of raids unlike Chrono.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Something tells me they could mess with chronomancer to move it away from dps and towards support. Currently it has similar dps to virtuoso but with harder rotation. In return however it has much better cc. I think they would want  to cut this short so virtuoso can shine and more copies of eod are sold

Edited by Mik.3401
  • Sad 1

- virtuosos F4 will get nerfed in duration. 

- staff will get nerfed in its condi stacks applied. 

- scepters blocks will get reduced in duration.

- virtuoso dagger will get nerfed + bleed traits increased damage bonus nerfed

- greatswords damage will get nerfed. 

Not copium but peolly closer to the reality of the situation.. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

On 6/18/2022 at 1:24 PM, Senqu.8054 said:

No that was a expansion only thing. They won't do it for patches, players tend to react alot worse to changes they can't physically see in the game. As most cannot read patch notes and fully understand what they would add. 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

- virtuosos F4 will get nerfed in duration. 

- staff will get nerfed in its condi stacks applied. 

- scepters blocks will get reduced in duration.

- virtuoso dagger will get nerfed + bleed traits increased damage bonus nerfed

- greatswords damage will get nerfed. 

Not copium but peolly closer to the reality of the situation.. 

Hmm, the history of the class being what it is, you could very well be on the right track. Which would suck. There are class/specs/builds I'm already not playing as I expect nerfs or outright gutting. Wouldn't want to get too used to having some fun, now would we?

As for copium, I'd be ecstatic if they just leave Mesmer alone, and do nothing . Seems the safest option.

• Sad 1

What I would like:

Virt F3 is now instant

Virt F4 no longer deals damage, instead is a flip skill that explodes shield. 

Dagger 3 now immobilise

Decoy CD reduced to 35sec

Virt elite deleted from game, replace with a well-thought skill. 

Bountiful disillusionment - deleted, replace with something well-thought

Bladesongs don't work if not facing target instead of getting into a stupid CD. 

What we'll get:

Ineptitude nerfed to 1 stack of confusion

Virt F4 CD increased

Blade generation nerfed. 

Edited by Lincolnbeard.1735
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Just dont touch mesmers please...I prefer see no changes then a bad change...or a horrid tradeoff change.

Yeah same. But Anet has thought me to be pessimistic... 

I just hope they don't nerf Chrono any more, it's already in the gutter, like, i simply can't think of a reason it would need more nerfs.

20 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Who’s ready for quickness on Mirage’s Ambush and Chrono gets STM nerfed to 0,5 per shatter?

Hey, if they adjust the staff cooldowns, sure! 🙂

Plus, if they return Alacrity to chrono, and make it actually useful.

18 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Chrono will never be made good again because people still have ptsd from HoT even though Firebrand (and now Mechancist) is much stronger then Chorno ever was and easier to use as well as being good outside of raids unlike Chrono.

That really makes me angry honestly. 😞

Chrono didn't deserve what it got. 

Neither did Mirage in WvW, but one elite at a time i guess...

10 hours ago, Mik.3401 said:

Something tells me they could mess with chronomancer to move it away from dps and towards support. Currently it has similar dps to virtuoso but with harder rotation. In return however it has much better cc. I think they would want  to cut this short so virtuoso can shine and more copies of eod are sold

I mean, i wouldn't mind that honestly, but something also tells me that whatever they do, Firebrand and Mechanist - being Anet's pets - will still outperform Chrono cause of reasons...

But if they make Chrono a useful heal/support spec, i'm all for it, Virtuoso can be the new DPS for all i care. 😄

5 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

Hmm, the history of the class being what it is, you could very well be on the right track. Which would suck. There are class/specs/builds I'm already not playing as I expect nerfs or outright gutting. Wouldn't want to get too used to having some fun, now would we?

As for copium, I'd be ecstatic if they just leave Mesmer alone, and do nothing . Seems the safest option.

Likelyhood harbinger or willbender will get gutted is pretty kitten low, even if they do. im sure they'll accidently break another build of those proffessions at the same time. when was the last time these 2 fell out of meta ?:P

23 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Likelyhood harbinger or willbender will get gutted is pretty kitten low, even if they do. im sure they'll accidently break another build of those proffessions at the same time. when was the last time these 2 fell out of meta ?:P

And Willbender is one I've set aside as it's just so outta whack with reality. I actually do hope it gets some (deserved imo) nerfs so that I can play it guilt-free. First time I've enjoyed a Guardian of any kind, and I just really dig the name and look I came up with for him. That said, I can easily see using the delete button in the near future, for reasons as you describe or they go hog wild on a blue flame spec for the first time.

Mesmer though ... It's hard not to be pessimistic about anything Anet might do. My first 80 and main was a Chrono; then after a period of mourning, Mirage came to the fore for me. And now it's mostly Virtuoso when I need my mesmer fix, despite the one-dimensional nature and overall simplicity of the new elite. I just have fun blowing kitten up with it. And of course that can't last :classic_dry:

41 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

And Willbender is one I've set aside as it's just so outta whack with reality. I actually do hope it gets some (deserved imo) nerfs so that I can play it guilt-free. First time I've enjoyed a Guardian of any kind, and I just really dig the name and look I came up with for him. That said, I can easily see using the delete button in the near future, for reasons as you describe or they go hog wild on a blue flame spec for the first time.

Mesmer though ... It's hard not to be pessimistic about anything Anet might do. My first 80 and main was a Chrono; then after a period of mourning, Mirage came to the fore for me. And now it's mostly Virtuoso when I need my mesmer fix, despite the one-dimensional nature and overall simplicity of the new elite. I just have fun blowing kitten up with it. And of course that can't last :classic_dry:

Yeah, im a Ele/Mesmer main. so i jumped onto Harbinger, why not Keep to the clothie tradition.

Given guardians and necromancers traditions. i'd be suprised if it fell out of meta, i think WB / Harbinger will... cause i can see them getting a fair whack of Nerfs. however. im expecting to see DH and Reaper get some changes since Reaper got gutted during EoD Launch and DH lost ALOT with the nerfs to Trapper rune.

and they always have a tendency, whenever one does fall out of meta, to come real fast with rectification.

I'd imagine the popularity around the Proffessions likely scare Anet concerning them not being Meta.

with Mesmer, i can see some level of changes happening, but unless its a Core or Chronomancer Rework or Mirage is getting its 2nd dodge back, i really cant see a Situation where it'll be anything more then a Slight improvement to the situation (Which will never be enough).

copium:

I hope its a big one like a big big change especially for wvw 🙂

+ for buff

- nerf

~ chage

Generel

- Dmg to all classes so fights can last longer and you need to actually synergies more.

+buff combo Finishers ppl need to learn to play together again 

+ Balance of boons 

Class specific:

traits and skills 

~vail  ~-illusion of life +Timewarp

+Mantras. "I want the channel back or a possibility to use a channel when it is reloading the ammo. Concentration gives 5s base stability 

+Phantasm skills to work in wvw blob fight.

Virtuoso needs a - in pve but a + in wvw eg. the riquirement to use the block trait to get unblockable shatters feels wrong. It is too selfish but i hope this changes 

getting exited to see the what is coming up and i finally want to see a meta change big times 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1