Rate the June 28 patch out of 10

Einsof.1457

1/10 for buffing everyones health and defense with no investment regardless of build in wvw.

That change ALONE took all hope of it getting any more points from me.

If you say.. "oh I will get more health surely this is a good thing" keep in mind everyone gets that, and that health opens up some builds that simply should not exist and will be over the top and is further buffing already broken builds. Its a disaster and kind of embarrassing to watch.

I agree with SA needing rework, as a person who does play thief a bunch. That gave it one point. I don't believe the changes will work out how they hoped they would, but at least the fact they are going to work with that line is something.

Most of the other changes are just... out there. Not sure whats wrong with them.

Edited by Sahfur.5612
  • Confused 1

3/10

Some of the changes are good, but a lot of them came out of nowhere and shouldn't be a priority, while there are major issues being left unattended.  Also, homogenization by removing unique class buffs is horrible for the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2,5/10

- Alac on ele is good even if you loose some heals, cata nerfs and crit trait are dumb

- Druid buffs are good, soulbeast got fisted too hard but that was only a matter of time after Kalla

- engi rifle tweaks are good, mech buffs instead of nerfs are awful

- chrono nerfs (yes those are nerfs) are trash, vituoso nerfs are meaningless

- thief i have no opinion on, dont play it

- herald needs 2-2,5s of quickness per consume

- one little condi nerf to guard with no nerfs to utility (= awful)

- necro warhorn indirectly buffs condi scourge more than heal scourge which is awful

- warrior bladesworn buffs while most of the people enjoy berserker more, great really; laughable crit trait placement, quickness isnt fun at all (sort of impossible on berserker), no damage compensation for the biggest dps loss out of all classes

Edited by anbujackson.9564
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm definitely looking forward to a few of the changes, like the ones for Ventari/Salvation and Shadow Arts (for support Specter), though this is through the lens of a WvW main who only casually dabbles in strikes for PvE endgame content. The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of more substantial changes for PvP/WvW. Was hoping for bigger reworks to Ranger spirits as well as more specific changes and polishings to the EoD specs, among other things. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

0/10

It's a good thing I don't expect anything good to come out of ANet.  That way I'm not disappointed.

The removal of the unique buffs is especially troubling.  Does ANet think that they're opening up options for groups to want those classes by giving them second-rate versions of buffs that other professions do better?  That's not going to happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

The removal of the unique buffs is especially troubling.  Does ANet think that they're opening up options for groups to want those classes by giving them second-rate versions of buffs that other professions do better?  That's not going to happen.

They're definitely opening the slot, which currently is occupied by banner slaves, for other profession options that will bring more to the group than Warrior after the patch.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/24/2022 at 10:02 PM, Einsof.1457 said:

Will calculate the average score in 48 hours. 

Lies! 😆
2/10
Some (very few) nice changes, but very big mistakes, that only happen because the balance team is out of touch with the playerbase and the game itself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

0/10

Just fluff and bad one at that, no big changes, everything stays more or less the same or worse (except favored classes which will be better), boon spam circus is now at maximum and all boons have lost their meaning if they HAVE to be upkept permanently (just lower everyone's cooldowns instead of perma alacrity at that point), also -points for dev favoritism and how they treat the community, and BIG-points for Anet siding with the obviously bad at their jobs balance team and playing the victim.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

First time I have logged into the forums in a long time... so that I could add my count.

1/10.  For the balance patch.

Good trolling balance team.  (10/10 score for the troll update though.  Rick Astley would be proud.  *insert Rick Astley meme video here*)  I can only hope someone just wanted to troll us super hard and that this update is not real and today we will not even get an update.

Please don't roll out this balance patch.

Edited by Ashadow.6874
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sirvaleen.1379 said:

10/10... for the new cursor.

Kinda didn't like it honestly. I was imagining something with more grace and they just put a white border around it (apparently also without changing there the actual cursor click point is). Its definitely visible now, but also quite ugly.

Is a solid 3 of 9 (pun intended).

Implements the TRINITY (Guardian + Engineer + Necro) as the main tool to maximize success in PvE (specially instanced PvE). Theorycrafting for other classes are no longer needed: they are mostly chockers. They also work for PvP (albeit Thief can have a place if a team isn't triple stacking the same class) and even in zergs at WvW.

The game is now completed and sealed in a full circle: reroll your non-trinity simps into the triunvirate of giga-chads or just asign your pleb professions to parking an muling. Turns out that the paid verstion of the game has at least 2 character slots in excess for the complexity of the game...

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3/10

1 - You made an OP mechanist class i can deal 35k by having litteraly only ONE utility skill I click and rest is just pressing everything (weapons skills and f keys) on cooldown. This way I can drink five beers, talk with my friend on the phone and eat a pizza while raiding. Was never possible before, now you enabled it. Fun!
2 - We can get rid of all other classes as they heavly underperform. Before every class did nearly the same damage only Untamed, Tempest and Herald were crap, so with a few exceptions it was very balanced. Now all except Blue, Brown and Green you can throw in a trashcan (ok, purple for quick attacking bosses, thats now really it). That simplfies group building. (And not borthering with classes that are twelve feet under)
3 -  You do not need to use your brain any longer for the same reward in raids, because you get the same loot with new buff. There is zero reason to play it normal. This makes me do not care about any rotation any longer and I can autoatatck, we can be 5 people and kill the bosses.

Add all three points together and we got simple group bulding, easy raids with now zero penalty for same rewards, and can turn off our brain and read a novel while playing. Maybe this is good for new players? Maybe its a desaster? I don't know. Those are my three points.

All the patch chances to the classes simply killed balance and felt very very poor desinged. My highlight in this patch: Banners that do provide 6 seconds of buffs (have only one usefull buff) have a 60 sec cooldown and WHILE picking them up you have an empty weapon skill bar. Those buffs do NOT reapply. That killed it. oooooof. Can you really think of ONE spec or class that does for a longer time NOTHING? You said you have a balance team since EOD. I really really really ask myself what they are doing or how the structure looks like that such things ever make it to the patch.

Edit: I like the general idea of this patch to make classes deal less damage and enable more compositions. Now please redo the changes and add a proper execution. You can do it. I'm sure!

Edited by Rhokaz.1975
  • Like 5