why are people hating on the patch?

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

The absolutely funniest thing about this patch is that Necros didn't get positively nerfed into the ground:

• Warhorn - both good changes
  • Yeah, Death Perception changed from giving Ferocity to upping Crit Chance - so a "nerf" maybe?
  • Reaper - all the changes were positive ones
  • Harb - only PvP got nerfed

Usually I expect the worst when I read that "balance" changes are incoming.

There was a very long and detailed post on reddit where someone broke down the changes for reaper (the one you would assume got hit the hardest) and the results showed that reaper should actually be 9% more dps than pre-patch. 

• Like 4

The biggest issue for me is destroying things that didn't need destroying.

For example, I run a Deadeye in PvE with a perma-stealth build to farm. Specially during times nobody is running meta's, I farm chests in the HoT maps.

Now that is destroyed. Why? Complaints about stealth in PvP and WvW. 

I guess time to delete, roll a 2nd necro and start passive farming. Ow wait... that is frounded upon... 

The choices made simply make no common sense to me. What was the absolute need to destroy said DE build? What was the need to remove stealth from DE mark and give blindness instead? Now instead of using that skill to stealth, I avoid using it, because it means Insta-In Combat.

Nice one, ArenaNet. Please do us all a favor and do a rollback. The changes to me feel... Not well investigated, even feel "random" change for the sake of changing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

As a reply to the OP's question: ANet got all their feedback BEFORE the implementation.

We're at a major crossroads here, because they have a chance now to listen to the reactions from the brilliant leaders of our player community and adjust in a big way. If they choose to do that and keep those leaders involved in a re-work, the result will undoubtedly be fantastic. If they instead choose a "business as usual" path, this game will become damaged beyond repair in the coming weeks. I hope they make a good choice.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Not gonna lie, this is either a really elaborate attempt at trolling, or an incredible attempt at ignoring what has been going through in the past few days, either way it's impressive.

You know what is the most upsetting thing about this patch? Lack of Guard Hammer buff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, Stalima.5490 said:

They seem to be doing alot of good things in the patch, like updating the engineer rifle into a might monster and making aim assisted rocket actually useful again.

I don't know what people are complaining about.

Bait thread is bait

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Not to mention the removal of threads talking about devs decisions.

Censoring people only fans the flames. I had to create a reddit account after a certain disturbance in the forums saturday morning and something unfortunate happened to me. Also it makes them look worse if they cannot handle criticism. There are limits though, no one should be harassing the devs or making threats. We can be civil in our dis-satisfaction of the game or this current patch. 

I hope with every negative thing i have said, i somehow got through to someone and it will somehow make a small difference toward getting this game back on track. I would rather be proven wrong and not be a doomsayer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"Spectacular Sphere: This trait now also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere from 240 to 360 in all game modes. In PvE only, it causes Deploy Jade Sphere in air attunement to additionally provide quickness and reduces all outgoing damage dealt by 10%"

stuff like this is why. what other profession gets a -10% reduced damage for choosing a trait? only catalyst, apparently? a change like this doesn't make much sense to me at all. but i digress, as an ele main since vanilla beta, i kind of expect to be nerfed every patch now.  😞

Edited by fixit.7189
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, fixit.7189 said:

"Spectacular Sphere: This trait now also increases the radius of Deploy Jade Sphere from 240 to 360 in all game modes. In PvE only, it causes Deploy Jade Sphere in air attunement to additionally provide quickness and reduces all outgoing damage dealt by 10%"

stuff like this is why. what other profession gets a -10% reduced damage for choosing a trait? only catalyst, apparently? a change like this doesn't make much sense to me at all. but i digress, as an ele main since vanilla beta, i kind of expect to be nerfed every patch now.  😞

They are afraid... afraid of your many swaps and skills...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Rendalmj.3152 said:

i am saying  LOREWISE there is no way a warrior can out duel a elementalist or a thief or a revenant.

You got it wrong... (I don't think lore have to be mixed up with balance BUT following your line of thought):

Lorewise, no class in the game should EVER beat a warrior in melee combat, never. Because that is, lorewise, what warriors do better than anyone. They are the master of weapons after all.

To be honest, this line of thought is so stupid is like kids fighting which xmen is stronger.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, Exciton.8942 said:

Because rifle change is actually the only good change of the patch, maybe thief SA change(I don't know). All other changes are either mediocre or poor.

Engi rifle definitely needed some love and this was one of the few things that actually made sense in the context of what they said these patches would focus on.  It's unfortunate that the first class to experience this positive attention is grossly overtuned, that they did absolutely nothing about that far more important issue, and that they simultaneously nuked underperforming specs.

It's hard to have any confidence in a development team that is willing to make these kinds of mistakes.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It's unfortunate that the first class to experience this positive attention is grossly overtuned

The things that are overturned are support and maybe condi builds (if one is of the opinion that no damage build should have 40k+ DPS). The new rifle fits in neither of these categories but people act like that's what's crossing the line (I honestly would have expected more people to complain about the "Mech Core: Jade Dynamo" rework but that would have required them to understand what boons are so what was I thinking?). Also some aspect of a class being overturned is never a good reason not to address the undertuned aspects of the same class. 

Btw. this is an example of what the damage on power rifle looks like with RB only making up for 11,2% of the DPS and RBG not even making the the list meaning the whole thing makes up for < 15% of the total DPS yet people act like the new AA is what "put rifle on engi over the edge".

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

You got it wrong... (I don't think lore have to be mixed up with balance BUT following your line of thought):

Lorewise, no class in the game should EVER beat a warrior in melee combat, never. Because that is, lorewise, what warriors do better than anyone. They are the master of weapons after all.

To be honest, this line of thought is so stupid is like kids fighting which xmen is stronger.

Okay. A warrior a person with a normal sword 1v1 against a revenant  person with a magical sword 1v1 melee who wins? I think its day and night who wins just like that song from kid cudy 

14 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

The things that are overturned are support and maybe condi builds (if one is of the opinion that no damage build should have 40k+ DPS). The new rifle fits in neither of these categories but people act like that's what's crossing the line (I honestly would have expected more people to complain about the "Mech Core: Jade Dynamo" rework but that would have required them to understand what boons are so what was I thinking?). Also some aspect of a class being overturned is never a good reason not to address the undertuned aspects of the same class. 

Btw. this is an example of what the damage on power rifle looks like with RB only making up for 11,2% of the DPS and RBG not even making the the list meaning the whole thing makes up for < 15% of the total DPS yet people act like the new AA is what "put rifle on engi over the edge".

I didn't say it was grossly overtuned because of the rifle update or that the rifle update was a bad idea.  Just that you'd think in a patch like this they might have found the time to do something about the two classes that literally invalidate some of the biggest changes made to several other classes in the same patch. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Berry farmers in Bitterfrost were talking about the dev chat leaks when I was there last night. 

And it wasn’t positive.

Anet should be concerned. Between this and other signs like people who almost never post showing up to criticize what happened, that is a high level of awareness/engagement and not in a positive way. It's bad enough when a thread blows up as controversy and becomes the topic of the day/week. It's a whole other thing when you start getting people involved who usually aren't in-the-know at all. Especially when some of those people are long-time dedicated players who are now questioning playing at all.

Like comparatively, someone like me who came back recently, they can prob get away with being dismissive and tell themselves I'm fickle anyway without much damage to the playerbase. But some of the people who have been showing up, they are facing a significant loss there. Years worth of loyalty swirling the drain. And the best they got so far is empty words and pushing forward anyway. Just sad to see.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Engi rifle definitely needed some love and this was one of the few things that actually made sense in the context of what they said these patches would focus on.  It's unfortunate that the first class to experience this positive attention is grossly overtuned, that they did absolutely nothing about that far more important issue, and that they simultaneously nuked underperforming specs.

It's hard to have any confidence in a development team that is willing to make these kinds of mistakes.

This. So much this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1