WvW and Legendary items Hidden behind currency

OK ANET need to fix what is required to make the legendary ring Conflux, you put it behind the longest waiting map currency in the game. You need a total of 2600 skirmish tickets to make conflux. Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game like it is a god kitten job, and with all the Rifle Mech crap that is going around on WvW it is impossible to even get close to getting those numbers. At present with the 2600 tickets needed at max chests you will need to full complete 7.1 weeks in a row. This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all. You need to fix this, if you want to keep conflux hidden behind the skirmish tickets than make them so you can sell them on the TP.  The same thing can be said for PvP. Some players just do not like those parts of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do them.   Please fix this over sight, and either one make the tickets able to be sold on the TP or give a second currency that can be used to make the ring and either or situation works just as well.......While your at it really really really look hard at the Mech they are all over the place and they need to be fixed the rifle is just WAY to OP.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 37
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Stajan.4581 said:

OK ANET need to fix what is required to make the legendary ring Conflux, you put it behind the longest waiting map currency in the game. You need a total of 2600 skirmish tickets to make conflux. Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game like it is a god kitten job, and with all the Rifle Mech crap that is going around on WvW it is impossible to even get close to getting those numbers. At present with the 2600 tickets needed at max chests you will need to full complete 7.1 weeks in a row. This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all. You need to fix this, if you want to keep conflux hidden behind the skirmish tickets than make them so you can sell them on the TP.  The same thing can be said for PvP. Some players just do not like those parts of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do them.   Please fix this over sight, and either one make the tickets able to be sold on the TP or give a second currency that can be used to make the ring and either or situation works just as well.......While your at it really really really look hard at the Mech they are all over the place and they need to be fixed the rifle is just WAY to OP.

You do not need to do those weeks in a row.

There is nothing unfair about requiring that everyone go through the same experience to get a particular reward. Treating everyone exactly the same is the opposite of unfair.

That said, I would love it if Skirmish tickets were tradable.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10

20 minutes ago, Stajan.4581 said:

Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game

Then don't and use exotic/ascended gear instead.

21 minutes ago, Stajan.4581 said:

Please fix this over sight, and either one make the tickets able to be sold on the TP or give a second currency that can be used to make the ring and either or situation works just as well.......

The tickets are proof of participation, making them tradable removes the point of their existance. Hardly an oversight.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

33 minutes ago, Stajan.4581 said:

This is 1,000,000% unfair to anyone who wants to have conflux but does not enjoy WvW at all.

And all the other legendaries are 100,000,000,000,000% unfair to anyone that does not enjoy PvE at all. 

It balances out in the end.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 5

I hate WvW. I find it tedious and repetitive, and yet I still managed to get 2 confluxes, both within the last 12 months

It's a you problem.

If you want something badly enough, it's up to you to go and get it and not whine about it on the forums.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

Some players just do not like those parts of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do them. 

You are not penalized. You are simply not rewarded for not playing pvp or wvw. There is a huge difference between both even if some people in today's world can't tell them apart.

You want the game mode specific shiny, you play that game mode. You don't want to play that game mode well then you don't get the shiny. Penalizing you were if suddenly something got taken away from you and you are worse off after than before.

Lucky for you, that specific shiny, in this case Conflux, is not mandatory to enjoy the game and has very easily achievable side grades.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly its time they add enough legendary items for every slot but the weapons, to every game mode. The return achievements just "handing out" a legendary neck is a good precedent, just add a non-unique legendary ring to spvp, add non-unique accessory to spvp and wvw, add a legendary neck to wvw. Make coalescence non-unique (no idea how crafting would work, I think there is a precursor from the collection; probably just let players buy the precursor if they have finished the collection).

The weapons making you get gift of battle is enough to introduce players to wvw, if they don't get into it after a few hours chances are they'll never get into it. Its for all intents and purposes an abandoned game mode anyway, like spvp. Let the pve heroes do their pve things. Those who really don't want to do wvw can just buy the weapons from TP. Ofc wvw not giving gold for you to buy weapons still means wvw players need to do pve crap for gold... but we are used to that.

And if you, for whatever reason, want the animations from wvw/spvp legendary trinkets, you can still go for them.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

OK ANET need to fix what is required to make the legendary ring Conflux, you put it behind the longest waiting map currency in the game.

I got two, and it took less time than getting all three legendary armor sets. All good stuff takes time. If you don't want to spend it, then resort to ascended gear -- it has the same stats.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Galmac.4680 said:

It's the same as I want the legendary raid armor. I do not play raids. So I cannot get it. So it is. Or as you want the legendary fractal backpiece. You have to do fractals for that. Many.

The difference is that there's at least an alternative to Envoy armor (even if it's not much better alternative for most PvE players) or to Ad Infinitum. To have a set of two legendary rings however you do have to make at least one Conflux. You can replace the raid ring with a second conflux, but you can't replace Conflux with a second raid ring (or with a legendary ring from any other content).

Hopefully this will eventually get addressed in a future LS season (either the next one, or some of the later ones).

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

x. Well guess what some people do not enjoy playing part of this game like it is a god kitten job, 

totally agree. remove legendary armor from raids and let pve people who hate raid get it.

BuT It Is DiFfErEnT....

no it's not

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If I can buy Gift of exploration in Wvw. 

If I can get Raid Legy armor skins in Wvw. 

If I can get a legendary Amulet in Wvw. 

Then we can talk. 

Only fair, right? As I don't like PvE. And I don't want to spend weeks in there. 

I would be ok with that and would care less

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If I can buy Gift of exploration in Wvw. 

If I can get Raid Legy armor skins in Wvw. 

If I can get a legendary Amulet in Wvw. 

Then we can talk. 

Only fair, right? As I don't like PvE. And I don't want to spend weeks in there. 

It would have more sense for WvW to just have their own set of legendary weapons, its own amulet, and have their legendary armor also posess an unique, WvW-specific skin.

Unique aestethics for different types of content are fine, but functionality should not be so locked. You should always have alternatives.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It would have more sense for WvW to just have their own set of legendary weapons, its own amulet, and have their legendary armor also posess an unique, WvW-specific skin.

Unique aestethics for different types of content are fine, but functionality should not be so locked. You should always have alternatives.

This is something I could get behind as well and I agree with that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Welcome to the "I want the reward without doing the content" thread #47691

It is not a I do not want to do content at all it is I do not want to play WvW like it is a gad kitten job. Having to play content that you dislike for 7.1 weeks just to get enough currency to purchase the things you need to make the item you are trying for, is 100% not cool at all......Let me take all the anet employees and put them through military basic training just so they can have the job they have at anet. This is a basic comparison but I promise you this, 90% of them would say screw it and not want the job if that is what it took. This is the exact same idea.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

You need a total of 2600 skirmish tickets to make conflux. .

Actually you only need 1850. Using tickets to buy the mist infused band is a complete waste. Do fractals for pristine relics and buy the mist band with that. It's exactly the same item. If you only finish up to the end of the platinum chest every week it's something like 7 or 8 weeks for the ring. 6 weeks if you complete diamond. And like others have said, you don't have to play every week. Just 7 or 8 full weeks whenever you have the time or feel like it of wvw. It only takes like 15 to 20 hours to max out diamond, closer to 12 or 13 for platinum. It's boring if you just grind it out, yes, but it's not exactly difficult 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stajan.4581 said:

It is not a I do not want to do content at all it is I do not want to play WvW like it is a gad kitten job. Having to play content that you dislike for 7.1 weeks just to get enough currency to purchase the things you need to make the item you are trying for, is 100% not cool at all......Let me take all the anet employees and put them through military basic training just so they can have the job they have at anet. This is a basic comparison but I promise you this, 90% of them would say screw it and not want the job if that is what it took. This is the exact same idea.

That is not even a close comparison.  Egad.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

I Agree, I have the same prtoblem with coalescence, it's hidden behind the most toxic, elitist and worst content i ever seen: Raids.

Some players just don't like this part of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do it...  😄

Edited by nargilli.6987
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Everyday i'm glad that i can enjoy PvE and WvW (we dont talk about PvP) to get what i want so i don't have to spend eternity on this forum, asking and complaining and asking and complaining and asking and complaining and asking and complaining and asking and complaining and asking and complaining

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, nargilli.6987 said:

I Agree, I have the same prtoblem with coalescence, it's hidden behind the most toxic, elitist and worst content i ever seen: Raids.

Some players just don't like this part of the game and should not be penalized for not wanting to do it...  😄

You're rewarded for playing broader content of the game. If you refuse to play it, you just don't get the rewards, in no way it makes you somehow "penalized".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

21 hours ago, Stajan.4581 said:

"I want the thing. I don't want to do the thing to get the thing"

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2