1600 Gems for a Jade Bot Skin

16 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I don't understand how something available in the gem store that is completely optional and has absolutely no bearing on whether or not a player can complete content is considered "predatory".   No, I don't agree with the price point but predatory?   Not sure that means what people think it means.  

Exactly. Selling someone something that they want at a price they are willing to pay is never predatory. Now it just remains to be seen if this is a price that some people are willing to pay.

• Like 4
  • Confused 12

6 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

For me the price is pure profiteering and I wonder how a judge inside a class action lawsuit would value this. Unfortunately my country has no such lawsuits. If I would live in the U.S. I would go for it.

No you wouldnt because:

1) You would be unlikely to find an attorney willing to take the case.

2) You would have to pay NCSoft's attorney and court costs after you lost.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I can't believe anyone would even consider buying that abomination of a skin. 🙈

I hope there will be skins in the future that (1) aren't tacky furry style, and (2) have a price tag of 200-300 Gems, not more, since any Mail Carrier makes more sense than a Jade Bot skin. 😂

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

no , other games got lawsuits for about the same topic.

every judge will make anet force to lay their production and operating costs for such skin open and then they need to explain why they think with this low cost developement are able to charge 20 bucks per each. Always keep infront your eyes its digital content so it cant run out or needs to be reproduced like real world items.

Easy win for my attorney with this high price they ask. Its almost the price of an expansion and almost half the price of a full game...

No.

Anyone can price their property (particularly for luxury items) how they see fit. Consumers can then choose to not buy it (which would drive prices down if no one bought at the higher price). The concept of profiteering is very specific, and does not apply here. I could list my car for $1,000,000 if I wanted, it would just mean that no one would buy it. No one would be able to sue me. Any attempt wojld be summarily dismissed. The case wouldnt go beyond that point

Nor should it. If you have the right to force someone else to sell their property to you without their consent you are effectively enslaving them. Slavery is bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I could list my car for $1,000,000 if I wanted, it would just mean that no one would buy it.

Or as a better example, you could make a phone version of a popular franchise and make it cost $1,000,000 to gear up a character and everyone would still gobble it up like candy while no one can sue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Genshin Impact Wars 2.

For me the price is pure profiteering and I wonder how a judge inside a class action lawsuit would value this. Unfortunately my country has no such lawsuits. If I would live in the U.S. I would go for it.

That's... not what it is. And you're not suing anyone for ingame skin pricing, lol 😄

32 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Ok, let's go with that. Who, when and for what exactly?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

every judge will make anet force to lay their production and operating costs for such skin open and then they need to explain why they think with this low cost developement are able to charge 20 bucks per each. Always keep infront your eyes its digital content so it cant run out or needs to be reproduced like real world items.

Easy win for my attorney with this high price they ask. Its almost the price of an expansion and almost half the price of a full game...

As far as I'm aware there's only been lawsuits for pay-to-win or indirectly pay-to-play games, where players are given the impression the base price of the game will get them everything they need, then find it's pretty much unplayable without spending more (often several times more) on additional items, often via loot boxes. Even then it's technically not the in-game items which are the problem but the dishonest marketing for the game itself.

No country I know of requires costumer goods to be sold at cost price (or just above it), otherwise luxury brands wouldn't exist. Not to mention things like people trying to sell Beanie Babies on eBay for thousands of dollars because in 1995 someone told them it would be worth that much today.

This is no more dishonest than anything else in the gem store - you know exactly what you'll get and what it costs and if you choose to buy it you're guarenteed to get it. The problem is that makes it obvious it's absurdly over-priced.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Hogwash.
Making items for a price and selling them for more than it costs to make them has a name.
It's called "capitalism".
And it is 100% legal.

But feel free to call up Sydney Powell on this one.
I hear she has time to take the case.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

"Hey maybe if I whip up the crowd with inflamatory language and consumerist self-martyring I can wag the dog and make them change the price!!"
-OP Probably
"lol"
-Anet Probably

1. Since when is "holy kitten" inflammatory language? Self-martyring? Do you know what those words mean?

2. It's a feedback thread, with legitimate feedback at the price. As many others are saying, they would have bought it if it was cheaper.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I honestly dont think that ANet ever expected very many people to be interested in this so they priced it to generate as much revenue as possible from those few who would be inclined to buy it. 

Which is exactly the opposite of how you would make money on such a thing. If you want to make the most money out of a digital product, you focus on quantity sales.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Guys... it's inflation pricing!

At that price they should have packaged it with something more if they wanted more money. Toss in some blacklion keys along side it or something to help hide the overpricing.

Inflation is pretty invalid when it comes to a product that doesn't have to worry about shipping or material costs. A product like this can be sold until the end of time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Which is exactly the opposite of how you would make money on such a thing. If you want to make the most money out of a digital product, you focus on quantity sales.

If you have an idea for a product that will take minimal effort to produce but you think there is a similarly minimal demand for, then aiming for few sales at a high pricepoint works. Pricing for high volume movememt on a product that you dont think will be able to generate high volume movement deprives the product of its potential for profit.

For example, if you think that a product will only appeal to 2 people, who are willing to spend $100 each for it, pricing it at $1 each just means losing money.

This whole thing came across like the repair anvil change. Someone had a couple of extra hours to spare from their production budget so, bamm jade bot skin.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1