What's one thing going in the right direction, and one thing that isn't?

Gw2 is a pretty good game on the mmorpg game market but it has a weird habit of sticking to ideas that were revolutionary.. 10 years ago, and then sticking to it's bad guns just as well as choking it's good ideas out imo. 

After like a week of doing dungeons for runes it seems like all that worry about people not having alacity or quickness unless you're going after challenge modes seems frivolous.. I've already seen a couple dungeons where by the time i joined they had already just cleared half the dungeon on 2-3k dps even on 0 mastery characters. One time i joined a 4 man and when i tped in.. the dungeon was literally already done by the time the 5th player found the entrance. Meanwhile i did 4 more runs and it's just nearly always a nameless blob where we get story intersections nobody wants to be a stickler so we skip it so we can keep up with the group. And honestly at this point. People are still concerned if you'll have alacity + boon face poking range and quickness when while relevant to challenge modes.

It feels like you take a hour looking for a dungeon that is zerg rolled over in like 5-10 minutes as long as you have a decent elite spec? 

Who cares if the person autoattacking to 2k dps doesn't have +25% alacity for.. more auto attacks.... People are way overthinking something that seems to just be zerged. T4 fractals definitely needs optimization.. But.. Dungeons could really benefit from ideas other mmorpgs introduced like.. twenty years ago. Like.. teleport to dungeon for the no waypoint players, or at the very least, a right click party and "show closest unlocked waypoint" or summoning stone like WoW are just basic things to grease the gears so the dungeon doesn't get beaten before the 5th mountless player ever finds their way there.. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

The Return To amulet I think is a step in the right direction, in that it introduces players to a huge part of GW2 end-game content goals (legendaries) through a mostly guided process and for new players, they don't even have to replay story, they can complete it playing it the first time. I hope to see more of this kind of thing where they guide people into learning more rather than depending on players figuring out to use wiki.

The dungeon currency change, repair anvil change, and world boss changes are, I think well-intentioned, but poorly implemented/designed and make the game look worse rather than better. And I would like for them to stop with those type of changes if it's going to keep being poor design. Like... vendor lock, confusing and buggy design. Repair anvil... sets bad precedent for existing store items. World bosses... well there's another thread with commentary from different people about what they think is and isn't designed well there.

• Like 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Express your opinions.

What's one thing going in the right direction?

I'm quite pleased with the re-design of both classes and instanced content. At the beginning of the changes, I was skeptical to say the least. The big picture slowly begins to unfold now and the results are acceptable. It is a little shocking to watch them modifying hardcore content. I do not enjoy watching this. 

Looking at the current state of the game. Most of the hardcore privileges are either gone by now or are currently about to collapse. Low Intensity builds with high dps benchmarks, easy boon uptime. If they continue like this, the only thing that will be left for us to worry about will be the real combat-mechanics. The Legendary Insights conversion looks like a shot across the bow, regarding the kp-system. 

Although some of the patches appear to be harmful, I am looking forward to them, as each gets us closer to an inclusive endgame. It sure does hurt watching 9+ years of balancing facing these drastic changes. But to be fair, the rest did not work. You cannot say the have not tried alternative approaches. 

What's one thing going in the wrong direction?

The hate from the community-side. The most disgusting experience since I have started playing the game in 2012. Blind hatred towards the staff and the moderators. Death threats? Layoff requests? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

41 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Right Direction: Instanced content (Improved rewards, increased accessibility, fun mechanics).

Wrong Direction: The writing gets worse with each step.

On second thought, as bad as the writing has been, it is easier to ignore a poor story and focus on fun gameplay than to ignore bad gameplay in favor of good story (for me at least). So I think I need to change my Wrong Direction to current class balance and homogenization.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

A bit more specific for mine, but mostly saying this because I finished EoD. Will try to avoid spoilers.

Right: The way some of the voice actors sound when doing EoD specific lines. Like the male Asura sounds raspy and ragged, like he was getting old. Which is a neat thing because it shows that not even our characters are immune to the fate of time. I doubt Anet will make a final expansion which leads to our characters dying of old age, but would be nice if they could find a way to "retire" now that the dragon issue is done, so our commanders can finally get some peace and be able to retire doing fishing, helping out small towns, doing whatever they want without the burden of a world ending entity upon their shoulders.

Wrong: The fact that Zojja's voice actress wasn't available to bring her character to EoD. The fact that you basically finished what Destiny's Edge started should be a victory she'd happily celebrate in Snaff's honor. But we weren't even given a chance to see her happy. And I know she's not labeled as KIA, so she's just MIA since HoT. So again, I'm hoping that a future expansion has her show up again, even if it means to kill her off in a respectful way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Labjax.2465 said:

That is quite the combination of words there. XD

Put it this way, Anet hasn't been able to get Zojja back for 3 expansions and 2 living worlds due to difficulties working with the VA. If this whole thing is being a problem, might at least try and make one final plan for her so they don't have to rely on the VA again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Funky.4861 said:

Wrong: Incorporating real-world political ideology into an escapist pursuit.

Didn't like the charr civil war that was Drizzlewood Coast?   Because otherwise what are you even talking about? 

Going in the right direction:  story in general, bringing back season 1

Going in the wrong direction:  Too many bugs, bots, and balance issues. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Right Direction: The endgame PvE experience (Story, maps, metas, instances, and rewards on the whole)

Wrong Direction: Profession balance. This started going downhill fast with the Feb2020 update and has only gotten worse and has affected some professions much more than others, specifically warrior balance in light of the balance team apparently playing favorites leading up to June 28th. Obviously, warrior isn't alone in this, but it's become more obvious since June 28th.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Good: Most things!

Bad: PvE Endgame builds/variety. Homogenization of professions/especs. We've gone from "You're free of the holy trinity" to "Actually, you're a slave to the trinity again" to "Screw it, the trinity is now alac, quick and heals. And we're going to build everything in the especs around providing multiple routes to this trinity so that it is not only accessible but mandatory."

I don't even mind the concept of the trinity and enjoy it in other games but it is such an awkard fit in GW2's combat and original design philosophies that it is probably the thing ruining the game for me. There is no effort, skill, carry, expression. There is only the boons and faceroll.

Edited by dace.8019
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Treacy.4067 said:

Didn't like the charr civil war that was Drizzlewood Coast?   Because otherwise what are you even talking about? 

Political idiology and stero types

we go middle east in the POF expansion, what do we have? Refugees poor starving people religious misguided (JOKO) They need us to fix their problems.

WE going to the China what we have is a fast developing nation with enviromental problems, corruption in their police force, they also need us to fix their problems

thats stero type political motivated writing

Icebrood saga was inspired by the civil war which was ok since it was an universal issue 

Im calling it now the next map Anet make for Chanta will be something Tibet inspired and we have the Dalai Lama

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

12 hours ago, Treacy.4067 said:

I think he's talking about End of Dragons that basically adds all the modernism to the next level, to the point where you have to do things you already do IRL like waiting for a number to be able to talk to people to solve an issue.

• Like 1