Return our second dodge and fix mesmers!

Veprovina.4876

What I can't believe everyone is forgetting is the balance devs leaked conversations stating they balanced based on a few friends.  The balance team never went with what was best for the game or the community just whatever benefited them.  When you remember that point suddenly a lot of design choices make sense. I used to play this game every day since beta and Mesmer was my favorite class.  I spent untold thousands of dollars on the game.  Now I can't even bring myself to login because of what they did to that class because of their friend's input.   I still look at the Mesmer forum to see if it's gotten any better and it's time to come back but I am always disappointed by the still constant nerfs on what is the most unique class in any game I've played.  I'm sure this will get removed shortly because you can't bring up the truth here.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Looking at the new twitter picture preview with the mirage mirror - is mildly unsettling.

Having waited so long for something to happen with mirage beyond the multiple chaos vortex tweaks, this could be the patch that either does something good or kittens mirage to an even more boring playstyle.

I wonder if two dodges will come back in exchange of mirrors granting barrier instead of an evade, going by the picture?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Curunen.8729 said:

Looking at the new twitter picture preview with the mirage mirror - is mildly unsettling.

Having waited so long for something to happen with mirage beyond the multiple chaos vortex tweaks, this could be the patch that either does something good or kittens mirage to an even more boring playstyle.

I wonder if two dodges will come back in exchange of mirrors granting barrier instead of an evade, going by the picture?

Others are speculating that the barrier came from the spectre in the picture. I bet Mirage just gets it's 2nd dodge back, but maybe with a tweak to how it functions.

The mirror in the twitter pic looks like some glitch to me lol, are you sure this indicates any rework at all? I mean, if there's a mechanical rework in place, why would they bother with changing the graphics.

In any case, we'll see.

Time to huff copium i guess...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

At this point if they tease a Mirage change and it's not the dodge, there will be a shitstorm. I hope they are aware of that and it is indeed the return of the second dodge. But not super hopefull to be honest.

we keep saying this but nothing really happens.... we still take it on the chin and just mop and complain on forums. that feels like noone reads or addresses

Edited by Gesbo.6420
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Others are speculating that the barrier came from the spectre in the picture. I bet Mirage just gets it's 2nd dodge back, but maybe with a tweak to how it functions.

Yeah it could certainly be from the spectre.

3 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

At this point if they tease a Mirage change and it's not the dodge, there will be a shitstorm. I hope they are aware of that and it is indeed the return of the second dodge. But not super hopefull to be honest.

Heh indeed, if it's another "reduce chaos vortex alacrity by 0.1s" I'll get the popcorn out. 😄

9 hours ago, ascii.1369 said:

They could do something "innovative".

e.g. Mirage will have one dodge bar in every game mode. To compensate, you will leave behind a mirror every time dodge. Have fun with the picking up mirror mini game.

• Sad 2

On 6/5/2023 at 8:22 PM, katte nici.9483 said:

The remaining 8 Mesmer mains don't amount to much of a storm.

More like a minor chaos storm?
Honestly, I rarely play mesmer (in WvW) any more because other classes are just so much better, easier and have more competitive options.
I can play ele and I have several strong roaming options, support, hybrid, damage and all pretty tough and some zerg options.
I can play ranger and I have builds for different damage types, support, hybrid roaming, zergs, pretty much everything as long as it's druid or soulbest.
Engineer, guardian, necro, and rev have tons of options for everything and all they really lack is moa (core engy has this though) and good stealth access which isn't as good as it once was because of all the sic'em rangers and marked.

Why would I want to play the poor man's [insert class here]? I guess I can play invuln/block spam if I feel like just kittening everyone off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

They remove both our dodge and compensate it with more mirrors tada~

You are joking but could you imagine how cool it would look if every time you dodged you cast sand through glass instead and the mirage mirrors give you the cloak effect. Bonus points if your clones drop mirrors too when infinite horizon is active. 

• Haha 1

A bingo card would be fun:

Mirrors give alacrity

Mirrors give barrier

All ambushes get alacrity! (insert Oprah meme)

2 dodges returned

1 dodge all modes

Zero dodges, only mirrors!

New shatters (I hope not now tbh, they'd probably be worse)

Desert distortion rework

IH minor

EM rework

Speed of Sand merged to adept minor

Mirage mantle change?

Self Deception no clone requirement?

Jaunt charges/cooldown/range

All Deception cooldowns

Mirrors on dodge

Mirrors on jaunt

Mirrors everywhere

Clone persistence on target death

And on core:

Clone stow/draw with player

Vigor restoration

Can't think of more otoh but will edit if so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/3/2023 at 9:25 AM, Richard Marcinko.5132 said:

What I can't believe everyone is forgetting is the balance devs leaked conversations stating they balanced based on a few friends.  The balance team never went with what was best for the game or the community just whatever benefited them.  When you remember that point suddenly a lot of design choices make sense. I used to play this game every day since beta and Mesmer was my favorite class.  I spent untold thousands of dollars on the game.  Now I can't even bring myself to login because of what they did to that class because of their friend's input.   I still look at the Mesmer forum to see if it's gotten any better and it's time to come back but I am always disappointed by the still constant nerfs on what is the most unique class in any game I've played.  I'm sure this will get removed shortly because you can't bring up the truth here.  

Truth! and I feel the same about the class it's so unique and fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Truth! and I feel the same about the class it's so unique and fun. 

I would honestly say Mesmer, and it's elites (not you Virtuoso) are some of the best designed classes I've ever seen in any MMO.

Chrono is so distinct and unique with it's double up mechanics, and Mirage hits that spellthief gameplay vibe perfectly.

• Like 8