Staff & Axe Nerfs

LKEY.9567

2 hours ago, Yoci.2481 said:

I'm at a loss for words. It's like they are trying to kill the game mode. The way in which large boon balls walk around impervious to all attacks unless someone brings even higher numbers is insane. And they are loving it?

Them reversing the change smells like a Roy.  Their whole pvp/wvw balance has been the worst in recent memory for any game I've played.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mike.7983 said:

Really funny how they revert the fb wvw change nerf before next week as it would negativly impact the game, but sure go ahead and live fire 2 mirage pve nerfs cause reasons.  Not like they already stole 1 dodge from us.  

Hi everyone, here's a quick update:

Last week’s preview included a significant change to the firebrand skill Manta of Liberation in World vs World – a decrease in ammunition count and an increase to recharge time. Since then, we’ve seen a lot of concern that the reduced access to AoE stability and group stun breaks will negatively impact WvW gameplay due to the sheer amount of crowd control in large-scale fights.

We agree with the feedback and have reverted these changes in WvW for this release. We do believe that firebrand brings too much to the table in WvW and plan to tone it down in a future update, but we recognize that this will need to come with changes that improve access to AoE stability and group stun breaks for other professions. We want to spread these tools around to other professions to improve team composition and support role diversity, without reducing the overall availability of these tools.

Thanks,

Cal “cmc” Cohen
Game Designer – Skills and Balance

Honestly seeing this excuse is sickening to my stomach, the whole point of a nerf is to lower the dominating classes down so others have competative chance, but to revert a nerf due to "brings to much to the table" is a sign it does need more than 1 nerf.

RiP Mesmer

Rip Revenant

Rip anyone not FB/Mech

This actually fits with something I've been saying for months: if you reduce the stability that fb provides without providing viable alternatives, people will just stack more fbs in squads to get whatever amount of stability they consider to be enough. Unfortunately, most if not all of the new stability sources are pve only. They need to be willing to extend them into wvw.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Mirage nerfs are reverted everyone!!! 🤩 They actually listened to us! 

Great job everyone with pushing this forward! 😊👌🏼

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/119412-august-23-balance-update-preview/?do=findComment&comment=1735098

Niiiice!

That's probably good news for elementalist, too, since elementalist is probably the profession that's suffered most from balance-according-to-theoretical-maximums.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Thats how the devs should be working their game. Now shall we push our luck with competitive game modes...? 🙃

Ofcourse we will 😊 I guess we'll see PvP and WvW specific balance patches in the future... Perfect opportunity to push this forward then! Atleast they actually reverted the planned mirage nerfs for PvE, I never expected them to do this since we never got listened to before by Anet! This is a great start 👌🏼

Edited by AshkyLicious.4729
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Ofcourse we will 😊 I guess we'll see PvP and WvW specific balance patches in the future... Perfect opportunity to push this forward then! Atleast they actually reverted planned mirage nerfs for PvE, I never expected them to do this since we never got listened to before by Anet! This is a great start 👌🏼

I know its pretty cool they listened, I had a hunch they did look at the forums as of late.

If we keep it civil we get our way and changes we don't want get reverted. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

47 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I know its pretty cool they listened, I had a hunch they did look at the forums as of late.

If we keep it civil we get our way and changes we don't want get reverted. 

If we keep it civil it's good for us and the game but correlation causation blahblahblah. I won't even say they listened this time because that can denote they don't listen other times for whatever reason. This happened and its great but let's not set a precedence that if we outcry they will change things each and every time we want things reverted. Allow them space, with their new leadership to mull things over balance-wise in hopefully a speedier time frame whether they hear outcry from us or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

If we keep it civil it's good for us and the game but correlation causation blahblahblah. I won't even say they listened this time because that can denote they don't listen other times for whatever reason. This happened and its great but let's not set a precedence that if we outcry they will change things each and every time we want things reverted. Allow them space, with their new leadership to mull things over balance-wise in hopefully a speedier time frame whether they hear outcry from us or not.

All true, well I did notice better moderation. I mean we don't even have report threads anymore before a moderator polices it so they must be looking through from time to time.

If I had put it down single argument for why they reverted the change, the concept of difficult gameplay should be rewarding definitely is a good argument. I mean I never knew Mesmer was classed as the hardest rotation to master. I had been doing it this whole time without realizing (I'm not saying I'm perfect)

• Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

All true, well I did notice better moderation. I mean we don't even have report threads anymore before a moderator polices it so they must be looking through from time to time.

moderator =/= Arenanet staff. 

The moderation of the forums has nothing to do with Arenanetstaff reading it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

moderator =/= Arenanet staff. 

The moderation of the forums has nothing to do with Arenanetstaff reading it.

You never know I'm sure something moves up the chain, otherwise it was all reddit users doing since some of Devs get information from there

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

You never know I'm sure something moves up the chain, otherwise it was all reddit users doing since some of Devs get information from there

They are known to ignore the forums since a few years. They get their informations and balance suggestions from a private Discord.

But reading their latest post, they apparently have a few new faces working on the balancing and also claimed to have a new "philosophy".

mayyyyyybe..... they might be reading the forums again... but i doubt it. Only time can tell tho.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 6

Happy to hear that they reverse the changes  , when things are done right we need to point that out too , i know people (me included) trash talk a lot , but thats because we love the game, ty for the information . 

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

They are known to ignore the forums since a few years. They get their informations and balance suggestions from a private Discord.

But reading their latest post, they apparently have a few new faces working on the balancing and also claimed to have a new "philosophy".

mayyyyyybe..... they might be reading the forums again... but i doubt it. Only time can tell tho.

It actually strikes me as inefficient to have moderators that aren't feeding back information on what the mood on the forum is on general topics. The problem appears to be that the balancers didn't care, and they seem to have been previously left in a silo with little oversight.

Whoever released those logs was blowing a whistle, and it seems to be having results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Next week is the release of the game in the Steam platform.   Do you believe that this balance patch with some buffs is  a coincidence?

Of course that they are reading the forums, they don't want bad PR for the next week. Anyways the change for the Mantra of Liberation for WvW and the Mirage's staff sounded  too strange for me. Too much and without sense.  I wonder how much of bait those "proposed" changes were, so now they can wave the flag of:   We read you!!!!    And the most fun is to watch how happy players are to watch that  they'll do literally "nothing" in those cases, lol   But ok, no nerfs too, so it should be good.... I guess. 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, AshkyLicious.4729 said:

Mirage nerfs are reverted everyone!!! 🤩 They actually listened to us! 

Great job everyone with pushing this forward! 😊👌🏼

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/119412-august-23-balance-update-preview/?do=findComment&comment=1735098

Great news!

Thanks my Mirage brothers and sisters!)

With great respect to ANet team!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, Axl.8924 said:

QUestion to mesmer mains where exactly is mirage DPS atm on condi? i'm asking because i'm kinda despairing a little. I hate it when anet murders elite specs and designs so you have to play the newest spec.

If you look at the benchmarks is BiS. If you look at real work use in your pug groups to see how often its chosen and how many people actually get to the top of arc with esp now that it competes w Virt I would say it sucks on average, but is potentially still good for 0.01% of the player base.