Your love

Zbysier.3425

7 hours ago, Zbysier.3425 said:

Hello All,

I haven't seen such post reviewing recent topics (if one exists, apologize), so I would like to ask you one question:, which profession you fell in love with and you will play it no matter what. Which one has that special place in your heart? :classic_wink:

Elementalist, and I do sometimes question why, but honestly wouldn't change my main for anything at this point 😅

• Like 2

Revanant until they started removing it's mechanics or flat out broke them. It was nice having a kit that I could modify on the fly and fulfill what my team might be lacking. You used to make versatile builds in rev, now you build a specific role like everyone else, with your legends being more like specific trait trees matched to specific builds. Missing even one of the required legends for your build usually means you're going to underperform and possibly kitten your team.

It's pretty lame.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 8/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, Zbysier.3425 said:

Hello All,

I haven't seen such post reviewing recent topics (if one exists, apologize), so I would like to ask you one question:, which profession you fell in love with and you will play it no matter what. Which one has that special place in your heart? :classic_wink:

On 8/31/2022 at 3:17 PM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Mesmer, all builds except virtuoso. I love chrono and mirage both. Why I dont like Virtuoso, because when I play with it, it doesnt feel me like playing with mesmer. 

My first love was Ranger. Ranger was my beloved main until I started to progress in Fractals (Season 1 type fractals w tier 50 cap). As I progressed leveling my ranger (Fractal level was per-toon originally not account wide) in fractals I began to feel like the class was seriously lacking capability because back then your pet would die to the AR check at the start of each boss in high tier. Ranger had similar problems in dungeons with poor pet pathing ranger was considered poor dps outside of trapper condi which was only good in certain places. I still play the ranger mostly on druid and soulbeast, but I still love Core ranger too. Its just not my main anymore. Just over 3200 hours played on that same ranger now.

Around this time I had a friend that played Mesmer and I was always impressed by what it could do. Eventually Mesmer became my main and was my main for xxxx hours until I got sick of the one dodge pvp/wvw 2 dodges in pve split mode insanity that is Mirage balance. I miss my Mesmer but it was just too sad and irritating to keep playing it. I still use it when I need portal, feedback, or when AlacMir is called for (that was pre-EoD mostly).

About 6000 Hours now on my original Mesmer toon

Now I don't have a main and don't love any toon like I once did. Furthermore, I cannot talk myself into investing time and emotion into another class after the above experience.

• Like 2

I do not love warrior. Love is fleeting, temporary, impermanent. It is an emotion as much defined by its duality as it is itself. For something so ungrounded and so inconsistent, it is an unworthy descriptor of Warrior. For warrior is the one who persists.
When the fear of death spread through a city besieged, where is love then? And when armies march upon each other with rage filling their heart, where is love? When gods bring a rain of fire down upon the heathens who have forsaken the true path, do you think they are filled with love still? Tell me, when the last bits of energy are drained from the universe, and the icy claws of the heat death sink in to issue the final blow, where is love?

Yet this is where warrior resides. In the city besieged, warrior is liberated from the shackles of the folly of ordinary men and set upon the enemy like a starved beast being set upon a pasture of lambs. When armies march, it is warrior who stands above them to judge the worthiness of their deaths. When gods come to smite lesser mortals, it is warrior who thrusts his sword up towards the belly of the gods, refusing to succumb. And yes, when the universe’s last light is extinguished, it’s final whimper heard, warrior is the one who shall hear it as warrior fights back against the final enemy of unstoppable darkness and cold. 

No. Love is a thing far beneath the likes of warrior. Warrior is Pride, for Pride persists, despite reason or rationality. Warrior is Wrath, for Wrath does not depend on a counterpart to affirm its existence. Warrior is Hope, for Hope is the thing that shall fight back against even the greatest of odds, the most unsinkable of circumstances. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I do not love warrior. Love is fleeting, temporary, impermanent. It is an emotion as much defined by its duality as it is itself. For something so ungrounded and so inconsistent, it is an unworthy descriptor of Warrior. For warrior is the one who persists.
When the fear of death spread through a city besieged, where is love then? And when armies march upon each other with rage filling their heart, where is love? When gods bring a rain of fire down upon the heathens who have forsaken the true path, do you think they are filled with love still? Tell me, when the last bits of energy are drained from the universe, and the icy claws of the heat death sink in to issue the final blow, where is love?

Yet this is where warrior resides. In the city besieged, warrior is liberated from the shackles of the folly of ordinary men and set upon the enemy like a starved beast being set upon a pasture of lambs. When armies march, it is warrior who stands above them to judge the worthiness of their deaths. When gods come to smite lesser mortals, it is warrior who thrusts his sword up towards the belly of the gods, refusing to succumb. And yes, when the universe’s last light is extinguished, it’s final whimper heard, warrior is the one who shall hear it as warrior fights back against the final enemy of unstoppable darkness and cold. 

No. Love is a thing far beneath the likes of warrior. Warrior is Pride, for Pride persists, despite reason or rationality. Warrior is Wrath, for Wrath does not depend on a counterpart to affirm its existence. Warrior is Hope, for Hope is the thing that shall fight back against even the greatest of odds, the most unsinkable of circumstances. 

I was wondering if you will drop something here :D

• Like 1

The awesome posts about warriors are almost convincing me to dust of my old Warr and come back from the nice parking it is sitting on. Maybe 2-30 more and... (what, I enjoy reading them 😆)

In all seriousness, I fell for core engineer while I was leveling one to see what the appeal of mechanist was. I still have more fond memories of core than I have of mech and sincerely hope Anet doesn't nerf a very interesting profession in the process of bringing mech down.

• Like 1