What are you doing in the Game?

60% Open World PvE.

20% Fashion Wars 2 (I can spend HOURS creating outfits for my characters).

10% Instanced PvE (Strikes, Raids, DRMs).

9,5% Running around for no reason or sitting at the table somewhere in Seitung Province. WHY CAN'T I BUY NOODLES? THERE ARE NOODLES EVERYWHERE, BUT I CAN'T HAVE THEM? WHAT KIND OF HELL IS THIS?!

0,5% WvW because I need Gift of Battles.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Almost exclusively PvE, although I want to start doing more WvW when I have more free time later this month.

I have 11 permanent characters and I'll skip between them based on what I feel like doing and which character I want to play at the time. Current priorities are doing Season 1 on my charr thief, doing the Decade of the Dragon achievements which are shared between a few characters, and trying to find out if the mini kirin is actually in the game, which I'm doing on my ranger because she's done more in EoD than the others.

I'm also sort-of collecting materials to make Exordium. Not really going out of my way to get anything, but making sure I hold onto things I will need. At some point I'll start actually working on it, which my asuran guardian will do since it will be her main weapon.

• Like 2

My daily routine:

3 pve dailies

Daily Leyline Anomaly

4 WvW dailies

3 EoD dailies

Daily fish from Taro in Aborstone (Restocking my stockpile as needed)

Farm my Home instance

I am currently working on my last piece of WvW Legendary armor... so the remainder of my time is spent grinding away in WvW until my Skirmish tickets are maxed out for the week (usually takes me until Tues/Wed of the week for that to happen with how much time I can play each day, No point in staying for the rest of the week when I am not getting anymore skirmish tickets)  

after all that is done....... I either work on new stuff if there is anything (LS1 stuff currently) or just log off and go play another game. 

• Like 1

Usually it's PvE (working through the story or doing metas, or just running around and getting distracted at all the pretty places while doing dailies) and RP, but recently I've been diving back into PVP. I discovered that I'm somewhat decent on a Deadeye...ish...so it's actually been pretty fun.

• Like 1

Right now I'm trying to craft legendary weapons.  Going for Aurenes Bite, but the slow way.  Basically, I looked at all of the materials required, and the gen 3 legendary weapons are only expensive if you buy all of the Antique Summoning Stones outright.  Because I'm in no rush, I'm just doing the EoD meta events and buying the stones from the vendor itself.  I already have plenty of clovers from doing stuff like WvW/PvP, so that cost is also negated.  I'm going to be getting a legendary weapon for, like, 600 gold.

• Like 1

Mostly PvE, although I jump into WvW once in a blue moon. Currently working on an Aurene legendary (which will be followed up by going after one of the variants), which means the current typical play session is grabbing jade rune stones for the variant, and then hitting Dragon's End for a summoning stone. Happily, I'm on my last summoning stone, so I'll get to mix things up after the next play session.

• Like 1

I just completed the Gen1 Axe, Frostfang.  Initially it was to flip, but I am enjoying my dual axe soulbeast, and was considering keeping it, so I've stashed it for now.  However I'm not too big on the look; it's a little... hokey?  clunky?  Not sure the best word... and then discovered the Gen2 Axe, Astralaria, which I do find pretty nice. 

So, currently I am working on Astralaria.  It will be my first Gen2 Legendary; I had shied away from them as result of the collections for the precursor dipping into areas I am not particularly comfortable.  But I have been pleasantly surprised as I have found these areas, like Fractals, to be very easy and pretty relaxing, at least the lower levels.  And it has been interesting to revisit some areas not seen in many years (like the Forsaken Fortune Mini-Dungeon).  And of course JPs, the bane of my existence.  Current progress is to farm to replace mats and work on Gift of Battle while I await the time-gated collection for the Zinn trophy, another 5 days.  (Side-note to anyone else interested in this collection, once you get access to that vendor in Tangled Depths, highly recommend to park an Alt, as awaiting for the completion of the events that open access to the room with the vendor, on a daily basis for 15 odd days will be very tedious.... and once in the room, you aren't kicked out when the event resets)

TL;DR - overwhelmingly open PvE, with the occasional WvW to pursue various Reward Tracks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

How is 3 a gazillion now?

Well 3 Main gamemodes With a big junk of subgamemodes. 

For example in PvP There are Players only playing Stronghold, or only 5vs5 ranked or only offseason ranked, and don't forgett the Tournament Players! than are There the FFA Players which are only chilling in the Arena fighting and talking With Others.

I do all of that thats why i Said only PvP, but These are all subgroups of PvP.

Idk much about WvW but i know There is Roaming and people that Run With their commanders.

And pve idk where to begin so:

Open world (Main Mode?), Rp, Beetle Racer, Griffon Racer, world Boss Farmer, DOUNGENS, musicians, ap Farmers, speedrunners that you can seperaten again into map completion Speed runners and raid and fractal Speed Runner, strikes fractals and raids normaly, idk what Else There is.

At this point, I'm so burned out by the game, that I just want two things:

- Primal Warden's outfit so I can roleplay Kindred as a Sylvari given how well I can make it work, hopefully.

- Magical outfit so I can finally finish a character's look.

The toxic marketing of not having everything available and instead move the sales around is what forces me to stick around for daily farming, because once I get both outfits, I'm uninstalling for a break. I don't even feel like doing the LW stories that are coming out...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

It's nice too see lots of people saying they play different modes, shows that, while some modes have flaws (PvP, WvW a little too) people still enjoy them.

Shows that there's a good chance criticism's on said modes come from a place of enjoyment rather then spite or bitterness.

As for myself, I'm all over the place, but lately it's been mostly WvW with a bit of open world PvE thrown in. Play strikes too, no CM's, been slacking on them lately though due to work but I've been meaning to start doing them regularly again.

Edited by SamuelW.2685
  • Like 1