Skyscale Requirements is ludicrous [Merged]

Hey people I know I'm probably gonna get burned or told to get good but not bothered by empty words.

I'm just annoyed at the stupid lengthy amount of crap you have to do to get a skyscale mount it's ridiculous the egg energy collection part alone is ludicrous just why it's not even worth the effort to farm and also doesn't help when you don't have the time because I actually have a life so no time, It says on the wiki will take about 3 days to get the mount give or take but give me a year or two and yeah I might be able to get one would be nice if they made the requirements a bit more smaller or even just pay gold for the saddle like 3k gold or something to help people like me that don't have the time to grind all day like others and I definitely want the mount.

Like two of the egg energy collections is do a world boss or legendary bounty, No one on LFG so can't do that and legendary bounty is a 30 min wait and same again no one on LFG etc so makes sense to reduce the requirements 

Ok rant over....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 28
  • Sad 5

Everything on this have already been said in this thread.

If lfg is empty how about start a squad and advertise that you want to do it?

Might be easier when there is not a halloween event running tho.

Edit

For the saddle part look at side stories return too each season 4 map and you get those currenices with just playing an hour on each map so hardly a grind.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

That's been complained about endlessly dude. Everyone has gone through the grind, it's a right of passage for one of the most QoL items there is in this game. Just bite down and get to it. Takes 3 days and that's not nearly as bad.

I've been sitting at a bridge for an hour now because I need to defend it 25 times and the event pops only once every 15min. Try seeing how fun that is. 

This game has very questionable, if not rediculous, decisions made for items and certainly goes overboard on the "grind" aspect. However, that's just how it is. Rather you're 4 weeks into an 6 to 8 week Conflux grind, day 2 in your 3 day skyscale run, or just grinding gold for a legendary. The grind is the grind is the grind. It wont change, no matter how much you want it to. And, if it did, it would be insulting to all others who endured it prior.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

As has been said many times, the Skyscale is the game's equivalent of a legendary-tier mount, and effectively replaces all the other mounts once obtained. Some players stick with the more efficient mounts, but many just use the Skyscale after that which is why the grind is so difficult because its a quality of life upgrade.

Its not even that hard, just tedious in the first few parts.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Everything on this have already been said in this thread.

If lfg is empty how about start a squad and advertise that you want to do it?

Edit

For the saddle part look at side stories return too each season 4 map and you get those currenices with just playing an hour on each map so hardly a grind.

Oh right I did not see that thanks for sharing appreciated 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, DarkInfinity.7284 said:

I'm just annoyed at the stupid lengthy amount of crap you have to do to get a skyscale mount it's ridiculous the egg energy collection part alone is ludicrous just why it's not even worth the effort to farm and also doesn't help when you don't have the time because I actually have a life so no time.

Like two of the egg energy collections is do a world boss or legendary bounty, No one on LFG so can't do that and legendary bounty is a 30 min wait and same again no one on LFG etc so makes sense to reduce the requirements

If you don't have the time, do them in small segments. It might take you longer than 3 days but if you really want it, spread it out over a week or two. If you think it'll take you a year or two, then don't get it since obviously you don't have the time to play. Everyone do have a life as well, not just you.

There's always people doing world bosses. If not listed in LFG, just go to the map especially during prime time. Also, always tag up with either a commander or mentor tag. Announce on mapchat. List on LFG yourself. There are always other players needing the same bounty or are willing to help. The best way is if there's a Daily Bounty for the map. Tag up and announce and you'll be guarantee to get lots of help.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

If you don't have the time, do them in small segments. It might take you longer than 3 days but if you really want it, spread it out over a week or two. If you think it'll take you a year or two, then don't get it since obviously you don't have the time to play. Everyone do have a life as well, not just you.

Fair enough, but there is a lot of stuff who is just there to add time sinks. Eggs, Scale and fever is the exact same thing. The achievement description even jokes about the fact that Gorik could have collected the eggs besides him himself.

• Confused 2

Yes but nowhere as ludicrous as some people's whining about it.

16 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

or when there is daily event completer for that map or when there is daily bounty for that map ...

16 hours ago, Horus.8304 said:

I've been sitting at a bridge for an hour now because I need to defend it 25 times and the event pops only once every 15min. Try seeing how fun that is. 

necro/engi 😉

maybe ranger

13 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Man you should have played lineage 2 during the days where it took an 4 hour party grind session to get 0.3% of your experience bar to the next level and if you died you lost 2%.

hmm I remember spending like a month to get my last 1% in RO ...

1 hour ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Just do it, one after the other, it’s well structured.

It’s only Grindy if you want it as soon as possible.

you bought the game to play it, don’t you, so play it

There are various games these days that trains people into the "let me swipe a credit card for everything" mindset ...

4 minutes ago, Albi.7250 said:

Fair enough, but there is a lot of stuff who is just there to add time sinks. Eggs, Scale and fever is the exact same thing.

All games by nature are time sinks. I've yet to come across any MMOs that do not use it in one way or another to try to add complexities and extend the length of events. Although getting Skyscale is a very involved process, it is not that terribly difficult. And many do find the various quests fun as they require you to visit many areas that you normally might not. Of course there are those that find such quests tedious and too time-consuming. But then not everyone will like all the various game modes and you can't expect to please everyone all the time.

I do not expect this game to cater to all my preferences personally. Neither should anyone else especially in such a massive game.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

All games by nature are time sinks. I've yet to come across any MMOs that do not use it in one way or another to try to add complexities and extend the length of events. Although getting Skyscale is a very involved process, it is not that terribly difficult. And many do find the various quests fun as they require you to visit many areas that you normally might not. Of course there are those that find such quests tedious and too time-consuming. But then not everyone will like all the various game modes and you can't expect to please everyone all the time.

I do not expect this game to cater to all my preferences personally. Neither should anyone else especially in such a massive game.

Not all time sinks are equal.

Go do various content to get a bunch of currency - OK

Run around and press F 70+ times - NOT OK

The complete set of collections was already decently long. There was no need to pad it out further like that. If it was some BS about immersion then they should have fully embraced it and require a longer wait for it to mature and develop the flight muscles to carry a passenger.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Not all time sinks are equal.

Go do various content to get a bunch of currency - OK

Run around and press F 70+ times - NOT OK

The complete set of collections was already decently long. There was no need to pad it out further like that. If it was some BS about immersion then they should have fully embraced it and require a longer wait for it to mature and develop the flight muscles to carry a passenger.

No, they are not all equal. There are many players who enjoy running around exploring and for them pressing F 70 times is more than OK. It's exploring different areas, using different mounts, using different skills, fighting different mobs, etc.

If everyone hates contents like these, and MMOs insist on having them, then you can be sure they won't survive. But that's not the case, is it? Especially for such a huge game. You have literally hundreds of thousands , if not millions who are actively playing this game. Not everyone likes the same things or agree with you. Otherwise, there will be no debates whatsoever.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, DarkInfinity.7284 said:

Hey people I know I'm probably gonna get burned or told to get good but not bothered by empty words.

I'm just annoyed at the stupid lengthy amount of crap you have to do to get a skyscale mount it's ridiculous the egg energy collection part alone is ludicrous just why it's not even worth the effort to farm and also doesn't help when you don't have the time because I actually have a life so no time, It says on the wiki will take about 3 days to get the mount give or take but give me a year or two and yeah I might be able to get one would be nice if they made the requirements a bit more smaller or even just pay gold for the saddle like 3k gold or something to help people like me that don't have the time to grind all day like others and I definitely want the mount.

Ok rant over....

Have you tried putting up your own lfg for the bounty? Or asking in map chat?

Which world boss are you having trouble with?

Doing these kind ma of things when dailies coincide can be helpful.

20 hours ago, Horus.8304 said:

That's been complained about endlessly dude. Everyone has gone through the grind, it's a right of passage for one of the most QoL items there is in this game. Just bite down and get to it. Takes 3 days and that's not nearly as bad.

This game has very questionable, if not rediculous, decisions made for items and certainly goes overboard on the "grind" aspect. However, that's just how it is. Rather you're 4 weeks into an 6 to 8 week Conflux grind, day 2 in your 3 day skyscale run, or just grinding gold for a legendary. The grind is the grind is the grind. It wont change, no matter how much you want it to. And, if it did, it would be insulting to all others who endured it prior.

If you have a roller beetle you can cycle through the bridges and get them done a lot faster than waiting at one for the event to respawn. Sometimes people will even group and start a rotation so you know which bridge will be up next.

Edited by Gibson.4036

The newest advertisement does say that you can be flying your dragon in this game right now, so I expect this complaint to pop up more often again. The grind for the skyscale is long and convoluted enough that people starting on it now will not have their dragon before a certain expansion comes out and gives everyone an equally cool (and freely customizable) dragon to ride within the first hour of questing. Poor choice of words on Arenanet's part.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

35 minutes ago, sewenewes.4176 said:

The newest advertisement does say that you can be flying your dragon in this game right now, so I expect this complaint to pop up more often again. The grind for the skyscale is long and convoluted enough that people starting on it now will not have their dragon before a certain expansion comes out and gives everyone an equally cool (and freely customizable) dragon to ride within the first hour of questing. Poor choice of words on Arenanet's part.

Are you mixing up gw2 and wow?

Where is this advertisement you speak of?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

People just want everything handed to them now days. Its really not that hard to do some questing to get it. 

But he have a life! A-Net should give him a mount for free, hand a bag of 10k gold and beg him to play.

This argument always gets me, to get a skyscale one need to live in the basement and be afraid of light, becouse working person with good social life is totally unable to do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3