Skyscale Requirements is ludicrous [Merged]

I had one of those days where I was hyper focused and now after a solid 10 hour session the day before last have my skyscale.. which is great since I can finally use those skins I bought! xD 

I have not done much open world stuff to take advantage but I am very happy and seeing my skyscale all grown up made me really giddy!  

It was the return to achievements that I was dreading but turns out I had already done a good amount of them playing the story naturally ^^ 

I would say overall it was worth and in the end that buzz was worth the bit of boredom at the start personally. I liked doing the jumping puzzles and playing with my skyscale. 

Just need to work on unlocking those masteries now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/5/2022 at 2:39 AM, DarkInfinity.7284 said:

Hey people I know I'm probably gonna get burned or told to get good but not bothered by empty words.

I'm just annoyed at the stupid lengthy amount of crap you have to do to get a skyscale mount it's ridiculous the egg energy collection part alone is ludicrous just why it's not even worth the effort to farm and also doesn't help when you don't have the time because I actually have a life so no time, It says on the wiki will take about 3 days to get the mount give or take but give me a year or two and yeah I might be able to get one would be nice if they made the requirements a bit more smaller or even just pay gold for the saddle like 3k gold or something to help people like me that don't have the time to grind all day like others and I definitely want the mount.

Like two of the egg energy collections is do a world boss or legendary bounty, No one on LFG so can't do that and legendary bounty is a 30 min wait and same again no one on LFG etc so makes sense to reduce the requirements 

Ok rant over....

One of those can be skipped by just heading to Bitterfrost and getting frozen by one of the random swirlies, and the doppelganger can be fought by just letting that forgotten event boss inside Augury Rock clone you and then killing that copy. 

And large parts of the daily grind CAN be skipped by paying for food or making it yourself.

This feels like such a troll post.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

how so?

It allows for ease of movement throughout the maps. It climbs higher than the Springer. I believe it's on par for speed with the raptor, but instead of having to jump over or ride around obstacles to just fly over them. You don't normally have to engage in combat while going though maps if you don't feel like it.
It's especially useful in the Dragonfall after boss train and in the Drizzlewood coast metas.
The Griffon and Roller Beetle are both faster (Skimmer is too, only on water) but the Skyscale is the most useful utilitarian mount in the game. I use it probably 95% of the time I'm mounted.
There is plenty you can accomplish by juggling the mounts your using. The Skyscale does most of what all of the other mounts do in a single convenient package.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

It allows for ease of movement throughout the maps. It climbs higher than the Springer. I believe it's on par for speed with the raptor, but instead of having to jump over or ride around obstacles to just fly over them. You don't normally have to engage in combat while going though maps if you don't feel like it.
It's especially useful in the Dragonfall after boss train and in the Drizzlewood coast metas.
The Griffon and Roller Beetle are both faster (Skimmer is too, only on water) but the Skyscale is the most useful utilitarian mount in the game. I use it probably 95% of the time I'm mounted.
There is plenty you can accomplish by juggling the mounts your using. The Skyscale does most of what all of the other mounts do in a single convenient package.

mm , biggest improvement is build templates for me.  Skyscale is very desirable however, which is the whole reason why it is a medium to long length end game objective and why this is a silly thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Did you unlock it? If you do, you immediately understand why.

9 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

You don't normally have to engage in combat while going though maps if you don't feel like it.

so technically this thing is better than the one in WoW because the one in WoW allows you to skip content in which case you may as well join the AFKers but then it's also worthy because it let you skip content? 😕

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

20 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

The grinds in WoW are for actually useful things - like permaflying - not for a scrawny skyscale that gets tired after 2 seconds.

I agree that it is not needed. So if you're not interested in going through the equivalent of the longer chain quest to get that optional reward, just don't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

so technically this thing is better than the one in WoW because the one in WoW allows you to skip content in which case you may as well join the AFKers but then it's also worthy because it let you skip content? 😕

Avoiding fights is not skipping content. You simply do not fight every single mobs , farm every single nodes, do every single events, etc to get to where you want to go. Skipping contents will be not going through all the steps required for an achievement or goal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

Avoiding fights is not skipping content. You simply do not fight every single mobs , farm every single nodes, do every single events, etc to get to where you want to go. Skipping contents will be not going through all the steps required for an achievement or goal.

That is skipping content.  If you start playing Breath of the Wild and skip to the end right away, you're telling me you're not skipping content?  Do you know what content is in this game?

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

>be me

>working on this for days already

>played literally HOURS every day

>not even impressed with the thing

>so far, the thing seems to be nothing but a glorified AFK spot

>already on the food part

>have to wait 1 more day to finish feeding the thing

>already finished the "Return to" achievements for the things

>read wiki again

>still have to do an ungodly amount of stuff to unlock the thing

>even then, I still have to do the crap I already did AGAIN to unlock the masteries for the thing

>mfw

ಠ_ಠ

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8

11 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

That is skipping content.  If you start playing Breath of the Wild and skip to the end right away, you're telling me you're not skipping content?  Do you know what content is in this game?

Yes, I do know what content is and what constitute contents that is required to progress.

Claiming that to be Skipping Content is giving it an extremely broad definition amd is totally ridiculous. By your definitions, soon as you enter a map, every single interactable object has to be interacted with, or it's skipping content. Every crafting table,  every recipe available in it, every npc, every vendor and every items offered, every mobs that spawns and respawns, every buildings, etc., etc., etc. Those are just part of the interactable environments.

That definition is just rendering the phrase "Skipping Content" meaningless if the path is not linear and not in a closed environment instance where you can only proceed if you interact with objects and clear the room.

Never played Breath of the Wild, nor had any idea what it was until I googled it. If objects has to be interacted with and all mobs has to be killed to reach the end, and you just used some system such as buying access to get to the end, of course that's skipping content, But if all you have to do is just run to the end without fighting, you are doing the content. Not killing if you don't have to, is not skipping.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Agreeing with 2 of the posts above. Not fighting every single mob is not skipping content. That's a ludicrous argument.

And for Arianth Moonlight, the thing is, you don't need to do the skyscale stuff if you don't want to (though it seems you're pretty far through already). It's great to have but not really necessary for enjoyment of the game. And gladly, they have done quite a bit to cut down on the length of the quest line. Even so, it can seem like it takes forever to do. The good thing is that you can do it at whatever pace you want. Getting burned out with it? come back in a few weeks. This game is set up well for that sort of play too.

But once you have it, it does just make your life in Tyria easier.

Edited by idpersona.3810
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Err, no? This was reduced to every two hours (which equals 1 Tyrian day cycle) a long time ago.

I was allowed to feed my skyscale 4 times per day only ^^ It took 3 days to do it all due to her refusal to eat more than that. I only just did the feeding part very recently.

Also I was able to feed her 4 times back to back without a 2 hour wait in between since I just fed her all 4 bits once per day. So if we are meant to be allowed to feed them every two hours and do it all in one day, you can't. I fed her at 5am came back at 5pm later that day and she would not eat more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silent.6137 said:

Yes, I do know what content is and what constitute contents that is required to progress.

Claiming that to be Skipping Content is giving it an extremely broad definition amd is totally ridiculous. By your definitions, soon as you enter a map, every single interactable object has to be interacted with, or it's skipping content. Every crafting table,  every recipe available in it, every npc, every vendor and every items offered, every mobs that spawns and respawns, every buildings, etc., etc., etc. Those are just part of the interactable environments.

That definition is just rendering the phrase "Skipping Content" meaningless if the path is not linear and not in a closed environment instance where you can only proceed if you interact with objects and clear the room.

Never played Breath of the Wild, nor had any idea what it was until I googled it. If objects has to be interacted with and all mobs has to be killed to reach the end, and you just used some system such as buying access to get to the end, of course that's skipping content, But if all you have to do is just run to the end without fighting, you are doing the content. Not killing if you don't have to, is not skipping.

I don’t believe that you do know what content is or at the very least you are choosing to ignore certain types of content which you don’t care for.  Taking a shortcut, or using a flying mount to avoid things, is skipping all of the content which you did not do.

Yes, you are still doing content but you’re making a strawman if you’re trying to make it seem like others are saying you would not be. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4