Do you want more naked skin and booba armors?

Do you want more naked skin and booba armors?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more naked skin and booba armors?

• Yes
    • No

It kills me how players are always like "noo, don't ruin my high fantasy game aesthetic with cat pillow chairs" and then they're also like "yes, big boobs flying everywhere in combat!! robots with high heels and boobs!!".

This isn't really a complaint, I think games should offer something for everyone. Its just amusing.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I think I'd take some peoples arguments more seriously if they didn't WILDLY exaggerate the proportions of the player characters.

I mean.. there clearly are some hyperbole here, but if you look at the complains about the Marionette changes they are on to something. 👀 they be flying all over the place. I’m surprised there are no bullets coming from there while she’s twirling around. 

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

It kills me how players are always like "noo, don't ruin my high fantasy game aesthetic with cat pillow chairs" and then they're also like "yes, big boobs flying everywhere in combat!! robots with high heels and boobs!!".

Even given the two statements as being heralded by the same person, which is very unlikely, they're not exactly mutually exclusive.
Plus there's not really anything to ruin in Tyria at this point to begin with.

In the former, the call is for a universe's overall art direction to not be spoiled by chasing widespread approval with anything profitable, especially if there's no local flavor added to said concept.
The latter instead simply enthusiastically appreciates the female form, *cough* which, I dare say, should be a part of any fantasy setting, including ones based on history as misogynistic as ours is. *cough*

From a perspective of realism, which I'd assume You're connecting the two ideas through, it seems to me that Tyria doesn't actually have enough superficial femininity, when compared to all the artistic nods to pure masculinity in the real world.
For example, at the end of the EoD story, when the player pilots a commandress, the only male character running up those stairs is Gorrik. Never made any difference to me, since I've always seen them as persons first, women (and men) second, but the realization did carve my lips a wide grin.
If Tyria turns to the sway of women's hips, one would reasonably expect many more statues and paintings and general celebrations of various female figures, in both senses of the word.

3 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This isn't really a complaint, I think games should offer something for everyone. Its just amusing.

Does sound a breath bitter to me, truth be told.
But we all have our own edges, don't we.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Yes to more skin, many armors feel like they're constricting for no reason, but no to "booba". The amount of boob plate and static-cling "boob sock" fabric in this game is already a bit much.

On top of this you're already forced to have C+ cup bazingas on pretty much every race except Charr and Asura, and the minimum size on Norn is D+. One of the reasons I was considering buy the new Savage Scale chestplate is that it gives you a more realistic breast size.

I finally got time to take some screeshots. The first is a sylvari with the smallest model, who looks flat chested in pretty much anything. The second is a norn with the smallest model, in this case it seems to depend on what she's wearing, but this top is a pretty good middle ground.
https://i.imgur.com/38ox5sO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9zGR1E1.jpg

Also to clear up some misconceptions in other posts breasts are not 'loosely attached' and while yes they do move it's the same as any other fatty tissue, not anime jiggle "physics". It also depends a lot on what you're wearing and many bras are designed to keep them still, not because they make movement difficult (they're not that heavy) but because the movement can be uncomfortable, there are nerves in them after all. And just like in GW2 how noticable they are depends a lot on what you're wearing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Also to clear up some misconceptions in other posts...

"...made by him who shall not be tagged..."
Alas, woe is me and these feelings of mine - sculpted of glass and, ah! painful nary a breath less, when, like it, they crawl to and fro my fragile throat!

54 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

...breasts are not 'loosely attached' and while yes they do move it's the same as any other fatty tissue, not anime jiggle "physics". It also depends a lot on what you're wearing and many bras are designed to keep them still, not because they make movement difficult (they're not that heavy) but because the movement can be uncomfortable, there are nerves in them after all. And just like in GW2 how noticable they are depends a lot on what you're wearing.

If we are talking about the cup sizes Mariyuuna mentioned while performing the athletic feats the player characters do for breakfast, then breasts certainly are in no way secured enough naturally for their movement to have no effect on the woman's body, posture, and/or even a successful completion of said acrobatics.
Of course clothing helps immensely, but there is an unholy plethora of Tyrian chest pieces made of "metal" that make the wearer's bosom jiggle like it's got a cardio regime of its own.

Also... ever seen a girl using the Flute gathering tools?
Doesn't get more "anime" than that if it caused a Crimson Lion blush beneath her perpetually ground-piercing eyes.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

I mean.. there clearly are some hyperbole here, but if you look at the complains about the Marionette changes they are on to something. 👀 they be flying all over the place. I’m surprised there are no bullets coming from there while she’s twirling around. 

I've taken part in a handful of those threads regarding the changes to the Marionette, they largely had little to do with with what the change was (at least among those that were against it) but rather that the change was made and the implications and the precedents set by this (but of course there was the other side that accuse the detractors of just wanting something to jerk it to).

But the Watchknight/Marionette models aren't the player character models, none of whats in game for the human or human-like female characters is anywhere near that extreme, nor are they reasonably like the hyperbolic statements made in this thread, especially female sylvari characters as Danikat points out (and I find it actually find it rather hilarious to complain that female Norn are too well endowed when the males are designed to make Andre the Giant look scrawny).  Frankly, compared to much what in the genre, this game's pretty moderate in these regards, but it just feels like a number of rather vocal people (not just in this game, mind you, but throughout what used to be "Nerdom") are just offended by the existence of breasts, or at least any that are large than an A-cup.

Also, I don't think I have EVER seen this game have more than the barest hint of "Jiggle Physics", much less whatever kitten Vyr is describing.  More unnecessary exaggeration, bordering on outright dishonesty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Also, I don't think I have EVER seen this game have more than the barest hint of "Jiggle Physics", much less whatever kitten Vyr is describing.  More unnecessary exaggeration, bordering on outright dishonesty.

Since when are You, my good man, of all people reading only the last sentence of a post, and, worse yet, forming opinions based solely on it?

But, fair enough, evidence is called for, evidence shall be delivered.
Play at lower speed in case it's not obvious enough.

FIGURE I:
Nhæra, norn female, wearing a leather corset.
From the initial look the amount of support provided by the chest piece is significant enough to keep the bosom in place, and the curvature of the cleavage area suggests it is also pushed upwards to some extent.
Therefore, I'd assume the corset should be built solidly enough to not give way.

Which, as shown, isn't the case.
Naught to worry about; looks can be deceiving, especially with organic materials.
Let's take this as a baseline.

FIGURE II:
Sevína, norn female, wearing several layers consisting of both cloth fabric and metal chain shirt supported by what seems to be leather sections underneath leather straps.
Sounds like a piece that, if not supportive, would at least weigh enough to keep the breasts down.

A simple walking instead makes Sevína's chest bounce like a kitten fine low-rider.
Alright, maybe the chainmail starts literally at the nipple level for some curious reason, so it makes sense for the breasts to be moving in this fashion, even during a casual stroll.

FIGURE III:
(walk / run)
Faeïnerí, human female, wearing solid metal breastplate over a cloth shirt.
This thing stops arrows, deflects blades, and still looks drop-dead gorgeous.

But, like many a person, it holds no water against the almighty booba physics.

FIGURE IV - BONUS MEME:
Because "playing a flute" was surely an innuendo before flutes themselves existed.

As You and everybody else can see, the breast jiggles are both there, and in many cases completely illogical (on quite a number of chest items; I simply have only 8 t-charges left, so... happy testing).

Considering the threads are apparently read only on the last-post basis, though, let me summarize my stance:
Post 1: yes* to more revealing designs (and more unique ones overall)
Post 2: women with big breasts actually exist and are also people beyond that quality; history doesn't exactly support not wearing pants that much
Post 3: difference between artistic consistency and appreciation for the feminine figure
Post 4: fantastical portrayals of human anatomy in contrast with the real world rules of physics

I still don't care about anybody's recognition, appreciation, or inflating my ego.
All I give a kitten about is truth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 11/23/2022 at 3:06 PM, Zebulous.2934 said:

The Spartans were famous for fighting naked. 
As for the SS Loincloth:
During much of history if you weren't on a horse then you didn't bother with leg armor.  Some horsemen still didn't bother with leg armor.
A great many fellows didn't armor their thighs, there has been speculation about greater mobility or ventilation for overheating.

Some of the moderately wealthy did decide to wear shin guards that went up just past the knee.

300 isn't accurate. Spartan hoplites were pretty heavily armoured. Naked fighting was supposedly a thing in Greece's mythic period but... it's the mythic period.

That said, thighs were genuinely usually the last part of the body to be armoured, and often more lightly armoured when it is. Partly because it was a hard area to make plate for (although mail skirts could do the job fine in pre-full-plate days), but probably primarily because it's a surprisingly difficult area to strike at in battlefield combat. Especially when shields are being used. Shin guards were a lot more common, partly because the shins were more likely to be under the shield rather than behind it, and partly because in most fighting stances, the shin of the forward leg is both further forward than the thigh, and also partially in the way of attacking the thigh.

Helmet, torso armour, and shoulder protection is certainly more important, though, especially in close formation fighting with shields.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, KrivukasLT.3507 said:

If you want more booba go play blade and soul.  These armors dont fit thematically tbh... 

With all the bling bling that Arenanet introduced into the game and all the particle vomit that too many players plaster all over their characters, there is no visual thematic left in the game to fit skins for.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

With all the bling bling that Arenanet introduced into the game and all the particle vomit that too many players plaster all over their characters, there is no visual thematic left in the game to fit skins for.

Aint that the truth! But you know how the old saying goes ... sex sells. I think people are just bored and looking for anything to liven up their game, that says more about the game dont it. people that are busy ingame tend to not think about sitting around in DR or LA looking like a hooker on a corner 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

@Artemis.8034 We also discuss philosophy and help new people with game questions While we stand on that corner looking like hookers.
I don't know about Lion's Arch, But Divinities' Reach has a lovely assortment of people:  in game cosplayers, in game musicians, and armchair philosophers.  The Charr and Sylvari cosplayers are quite creative.  Minister's waypoint is the place to go to see and be seen. You can get genuine advice on what wardrobe pieces to use to achieve the fashion you desire. 

The occasional prude or troll does drop by to harass people as they idle.  If someone is heckling you about your toon's appearance simply agree with them.  They want, and expect, an argument.  If you keep agreeing with them, it isn't fun anymore.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AzureTerra.1642 said:

No. I like my amour to be looking like its actually going to protect the flesh is being worn over.

Yeah, I tend to prefer fuller, more practical/detailsd armour over flaps of cloth for both my male and female characters. So hope to see more interesting skins on that end hopefully. 

• Like 1