Guild wars 2 has more bugs than new world at launch

Natanoid.9648

6 hours ago, Natanoid.9648 said:

Just a vent post.

Its incredible to me that a 10 year old game can realease so little stuff and still, be so bugged.

The actual problem is not the bugs itself, but the level of it.

Every single balance patch released in the last 4 years had bugs people notice half a hour after they got the patch, that's just mind boggling.

HOW can a company the size of arenanet care so little about quality?

Do you guys actually have a QA team? if so, do they actually test anything before release?

You should stop every single feature development and focus on fixing the bugs, otherwise, you will keep losing more and more players.

Me and my static are almost quitting the game cuz we can't stand another balance patch that instead of making things better, actually breaks everything.

Please, do better, focus on things that matter, quality over quantity!

Thanks.

I would like to see the bug free software that you've put out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Taclism.2406 said:

Considering New world had code injection possible from the game's chat ; and that it was client-side authoritative; I give OP the "knows as much as game journalists" award. Congrats 

Game Journalists are the worst.  You would think it would be required that they have some knowledge of how game development works.  Anyways, GW2 has a lot of bugs.  The bugs are not crippling and only a few are actually annoying.  I expect that from software as complex as this.  I've seen worse.  I've been part of worse.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ultramex.1506 said:

Please, actually list the god **** problems, before lecturing someone how to do better, don't tell people to go look for it, because what peoples on bug sections  have may not happen to everyone else. Did you just look at the bugs report section and go here to start a righteous and holy rant?

Having spent too many years looking at the bugs sections many of the posts there are quite lacking still. Some are just straight up cases of people who do not know how things works. Some seem to be trying their hardest to provide the vaguest description possible. Only slightly more detailed than "there is a bug".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Some seem to be trying their hardest to provide the vaguest description possible. Only slightly more detailed than "there is a bug".

Fun fact. Working in IT, i have once received an email from a private (and very nondescriptive) address, that literally said "It doesn't work. Please, do something about it". Notice lack of any context whatsoever. So, i'll take a vague description with a smile, glad there is a description at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Natanoid.9648 said:

Me and my static are almost quitting the game cuz we can't stand another balance patch that instead of making things better, actually breaks everything.

Good luck to you and your static then, since this game doesn't seem to be what you want it to be and you're rudely trying to pour your opinions on others' throats.

Oh and give us all your stuff. (It's tradition to ask for someone's stuff when they threaten to leave the game 😛 )

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Of course there are bugs in it. But, if you know only the littlest of software development, you should know that such huge  and complex game has some many dependencies from the unthinkablest pieces of code. You can break some function you never thought of because of some forgotten notification (the codebase is over 10, probably 15 years old), some strange call there, some spaghetti code here and with gone developers also some code nobody want to change anymore because nobody knows what it litterally does.

So be calm and have some respect, of course there are bugs. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

to OP, il guarantee you GW2 has less bugs per line of code than new world, and furthermore gw2 ( or indeed any other mmorpg) has had nowhere near the level the level of breaking bugs New world has had. 

New world is an absolute car crash of a game, whereas in 10 years i think ive seen maybe 1 bug in GW2 that i can recall.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

to OP, il guarantee you GW2 has less bugs per line of code than new world, and furthermore gw2 ( or indeed any other mmorpg) has had nowhere near the level the level of breaking bugs New world has had. 

New world is an absolute car crash of a game, whereas in 10 years i think ive seen maybe 1 bug in GW2 that i can recall.

In 10 years, you saw ONE bug in gw2?

🤨

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

40 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

wow look at Ops post history, he has a bug fettish lol

Seems OP's main elite specialization is bug-catcher.

I've played many MMOs over the years and although GW2 had it's share of bugs, major bugs are always fixed within a reasonable time. Sure there are bugs which has been around for ages but they're all inconsequential in that those are not gamebreaking or will stop story progressions.

The bigger the game, the more bugs there will be. Priority should and are always given to major bugs. It is impossible to account for every eventualities because of the sheer number of players and the way each player handle different situations.

12 hours ago, Natanoid.9648 said:

Its incredible to me that a 10 year old game can realease so little stuff and still, be so bugged.

Every single balance patch released in the last 4 years had bugs people notice half a hour after they got the patch, that's just mind boggling.

Do you guys actually have a QA team? if so, do they actually test anything before release?

Do you actually play New World? If you play it as much as GW2, you'll probably find as many if not more of them. I checked their Bug Section forum and there's tons of them.

Edited by Silent.6137
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

i do not need sneeky little emo conversations ty.  But lets call your bluff , at the moment I am working on a stack that has  sql -> c# -> tibco/ api/ ADO -> Angular/typescript. design primarily is UML. 

If you think a project should have zero defects you have not got a clue, i wont even ask what you have been working on with your '7 years experience' 

Maybe this is a perspective thing?  What sort of industry are you doing programming for where bugs are acceptable?  I mean ,for example, there's no way Mastercard is OK with bugs in the software they use to process transactions.  I'm sure there is no infant formula manufacturer on the planet that will accept buggy code no matter how many lines of code there are.

GW2 is riddled with annoying little bugs.  I can see where people might consider little bugs in a game acceptable but it's still annoying and looks bad.  Spaghetti code is just a lame excuse.  I come across bugged events on a regular basis.  Some of them have been bugged for many years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

As someone who work in development, I can tell, more than often, things can work flawlessly in test, and then break during the passage on production, for various reasons.

And yeah, dispite all the test done, it can create bug you can see in a few minutes in.

Fortunately, most of those bug are usually fixed in the few days after the patch

The mirage bugs are in the game for 5 years now. The pof meta is bugged for 2+ years? If its not fixed within 3 days after patch release it wont get fixed ever. Only if they have to touch that trait/skill or content again for something else.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Natanoid.9648 said:

Just a vent post.

You should stop every single feature development and focus on fixing the bugs, otherwise, you will keep losing more and more players.

Please, do better, focus on things that matter, quality over quantity!

Thanks.

Edit:
Mirage bugs

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107517-mirage-axe-ambush-bug
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/119815-bugundesirable-behavior-axe-mirage
Mirage Mirror Strike into Imaginary Axes bug

Mirage Axe Auto chain + ambush reset inconsistency/bug
Mirage Axe Clones Auto Chain + Ambush Reset

Mirage Axe Clones Attack Speed bug/inconsistency

Firebrand bugs
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/z89m50/firebrand_bugsfeedback/
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/124876-firebrand-tomes-massively-bugged-merged

Herald bug
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/125037-herald-burst-of-strength-cooldown-is-still-not-working-properly/

Vindicator bug
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/124908-vindicator-cant-dodge-with-resistance

Catalyst
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/114867-catalysts-grand-finale-bug/ (6 months)

Deadeye
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/124928-bug-deadeye-for-skill-deaths-advance/

General
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/6213-storyline-disconnects-merged/ (5 years old)

There are several other bugs that I couldnt find links, so I'll probably make a list and report it later.
Literally every eod strike has bugs, including the new season 1 strike.
But hey, the game is bug free guys! 😆

You forgot to mention warr hammer2 bug and all the mechanist bugs. Mech is kinda super bugged now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

Maybe this is a perspective thing?  What sort of industry are you doing programming for where bugs are acceptable?  I mean ,for example, there's no way Mastercard is OK with bugs in the software they use to process transactions.  I'm sure there is no infant formula manufacturer on the planet that will accept buggy code no matter how many lines of code there are.

GW2 is riddled with annoying little bugs.  I can see where people might consider little bugs in a game acceptable but it's still annoying and looks bad.  Spaghetti code is just a lame excuse.  I come across bugged events on a regular basis.  Some of them have been bugged for many years.  

What you call a lame excuse, I call reality. It's not that I defend the bugs, but I've accepted that especially big games are prone to bugs... whatever the reasons may be. As long as the game is playable for me I enjoy it for what it is and not for what it isn't. It hasn't stopped me from criticizing the game, but I think that some people do have unrealistic expectations.

And when your expecatations are much higher than the reality, I call this difference your stress zone. So to me, that's not a healthy place to be when that difference is too big. Better to leave it behind then. Anet won't do much better than it is and has been for years.

Personally, I think that the combat system is way too complex too handle. Especially with all the different playmodes and new elite specs added to it over the years. At some point you lose the overview. So I would suggest Anet to do a reboot, a complete redesign of the combat system. However, that would upset a lot of players regardless of how it turns out, so perhaps that's the reason why they just keep going with what is. But hey, that's just me thinking out loud.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

You're comparing a MMO with CC transacrions or baby formula software? Any bugs there wil be majot bugs as it can cause them to shut down. If any bugs are found, the whole company;'s team will be focused on them. They are not re-inventing. They may upgrade on existing or do maintenance.

MMOs, you are constantly adding new items. Often untested game modes and systems to stay ahead of the game. With countless types of varied interactions. It is not focus on a single issue. Bugs fixing may be important but usually they are not make or break situations. Or are life threatening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

49 minutes ago, Silent.6137 said:

You're comparing a MMO with CC transacrions or baby formula software? ...

Nope, not at all.  I was asking the poster that I quoted what industry they work in because they made a blanket statement that bugs are ok based on the size of the software.  That is clearly not true.  I also said I get why minor bugs are accepted in games.  That was in the paragraph you didn't quote.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

I mean ,for example, there's no way Mastercard is OK with bugs in the software they use to process transactions.  I'm sure there is no infant formula manufacturer on the planet that will accept buggy code no matter how many lines of code there are.

I work in an industry that happens to intersect with both of your examples. They do have bugs that cause problems and fix them as they can.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I work in an industry that happens to intersect with both of your examples. They do have bugs that cause problems and fix them as they can.

But they do get fixed.  We all know that there will be bugs with software development.  But for certain industries bugs can't be left like the person I quoted was saying.  Not sure where you trying to go with this now or what is has to do with what I said.

• Confused 1