Can we get an option to mute all comms?

There is a slider in the audio options to turn off all NPC sounds.  It means you will miss out on some of the more interesting ambient conversations, so that is a choice you will need to make.  I have it turned off, mainly because I hate NPCs talking in the story mode, which I dislike in and of itself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Erich.1783 said:

There is a slider in the audio options to turn off all NPC sounds.  It means you will miss out on some of the more interesting ambient conversations, so that is a choice you will need to make.  I have it turned off, mainly because I hate NPCs talking in the story mode, which I dislike in and of itself.

Yeah, but at least I can run away from a dialogue. There is nothing I can do about some semi global announcement over comms. Only option would be as you said to disable all 😞

Edited by DooDooDeeDee.3784
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

agreed, or there should be an option to mute just the player character's headset. Or the headset except during story. Or just toggle off event announcements into the character headset

it should be toggled off by default, imo

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DooDooDeeDee.3784 said:

Yeah, but at least I can run away from a dialogue. There is nothing I can do about some semi global announcement over comms. Only option would be as you said to disable all 😞

Are you talking about the chat? You can just organize multiple chat tabs so you can disable things you dont want. Like having a tab with only guild chat, no map/say/whispers/etc.

If you mean the thing where the conversations in the Skywatch meta event are broadcast to everyone on the map, whether they're playing the meta or not, I think that's a bug. At least I hope it is and I've reported it as such.

It's especially annoying when I'm doing any part of the story during the meta because they involve the same characters and conversations get jumbled together.

Ideally I'd like the communicator to adopt the function from real-life phones where people can't start talking to you until you manually answer the call. So many times I've missed story dialogue because other stuff was happening or I'd tabbed out of the game or stepped away from the computer during a loading screen. I know I can re-read it in the chat box but I really dislike how much of this game's story is reduced to reading the chat box for me and it's especially annoying in this case because it has an obvious (to me) and realistic solution.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, DooDooDeeDee.3784 said:

Seriously. I hate having my exploration ruined by some stupid NPC announcing an event in the area (especially that mean american drill sergeant guy). Why is this a thing really? Verdant Brink worked fine with just event markers. Does Anet feels like we have to be led by the hand to have fun?

I agree, but even more annoying than the audio transmissions are the speech bubbles. They totally block your view.

Example: Shooting grubs in the Maguuma section of the Archipelago
I have seen many people cursing the event, because they couldn't aim properly due to the speech bubbles being in the way.

I absolutely hate the comm device and the speech bubbles it generates. I wish we could at least deactivate the latter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

"An ambush! Your friend's voice was a ruse. Very... clever!"

I see that it's more immersive than just a marker on the map. But that also makes it more pervasive/intrusive. So I get why some wuold like to mute it. Would be a good option. That or move the NPC just farther away from the TP....wait, that's a different thing....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Also remove the repetitive ones.  Those that occur when you approach certain areas using the same character.  Once I've heard it, I don't need to hear it each and every time.

Especially the ones near crafting stations, since you tend to stand there for a while and hear the same stuff over and over in the same session. Maybe give them a patrol path or something so they move away from time to time, instead of constantly standing exactly in the same spot forever?

The centurion doesn't know what he's doing (but he's in charge for a reason so pipe down), and an ancient Priory scroll has the mark of an educated Charr. On and on, for eternity.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I agree, but even more annoying than the audio transmissions are the speech bubbles. They totally block your view.

I have seen many people cursing the event, because they couldn't aim properly due to the speech bubbles being in the way.

I absolutely hate the comm device and the speech bubbles it generates. I wish we could at least deactivate the latter.

The first thing I thought when I read the thread. The kitten speech bubbles while shooting grubs. I am not sure if you can deactivate them but I also don't want to just deactivate them, just stop calling me.

We live in the time of GDPR (EU), my phone number is my private personal info. Since this is the official game forums consider yourself informed to delete my in-game phone number from any public databases otherwise we will see each other in the Asuran court.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/7/2023 at 4:05 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

THIS.

The chat bubbles need to die! We barely have a way to see where the Skyscale is aiming as it is. When chat bubbles pop up, you can't aim, you can't see the magic motes (I call them cotton candy) that you're trying to collect. This is invasive, and the fact that finishing the story doesn't disable this ridiculously irritating feature is ridiculous.

Please give us the ability to disable comm chatter entirely! No one likes this after they've completed the story, and some even find it incredibly irritating during the story as well!

• Like 3

On 9/10/2023 at 3:27 PM, Bella Rikka.2387 said:

THIS.

The chat bubbles need to die! We barely have a way to see where the Skyscale is aiming as it is. When chat bubbles pop up, you can't aim, you can't see the magic motes (I call them cotton candy) that you're trying to collect. This is invasive, and the fact that finishing the story doesn't disable this ridiculously irritating feature is ridiculous.

Please give us the ability to disable comm chatter entirely! No one likes this after they've completed the story, and some even find it incredibly irritating during the story as well!

Yes please - option to disable speech bubbles and comms chatter

15 hours ago, Braynz.2906 said:

Yes please - option to disable speech bubbles and comms chatter

And repeated reminder popups (about special skill use, leylines etc). I really don't need a reminder how to use that specific special skill for the nth time in the same event. An event i have done before many times already, no less.

And those, unlike the other cases, need to be actively clicked to go away. Every. Single.Time.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1