Took a break, where is the dailies and why have my runes be ruined?

Gorem.8104

Coming back after a break from the game and for the past decade many things have stayed the same. By the looks of things a bunch of things that were not broken were fixed for no reason. 

Where's Dailies at now? Chest of Loyalty? For the past decade you could quit and come back and nothing would be fomo but this feels like the devs have tried to force it into this game for no reason. Now you are forced to keep doing this new thing to keep up. 

And what on Earth happened to runes and why are Relics so dumb and worse in every way?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Coming back after a break from the game and for the past decade many things have stayed the same. By the looks of things a bunch of things that were not broken were fixed for no reason. 

Where's Dailies at now? Chest of Loyalty? For the past decade you could quit and come back and nothing would be fomo but this feels like the devs have tried to force it into this game for no reason. Now you are forced to keep doing this new thing to keep up. 

And what on Earth happened to runes and why are Relics so dumb and worse in every way?  

Please read this link which explains how the "old" system have been replaced with Wizard's Vault where you need to earn Astral Acclaim to get most stuff that you got from log in reward by only log in each day.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Vault

As for Relic, they offer some flexibility as the 6th bonus now have been replaced and you can change which Relic you have active on your character.

Runes have been changed so they mostly are the same as a group for what attribute they offer (you will find that Runes with different names - from when they had 6th bonus - now often give less variation for attributes).

We don't know the long term plan for this change outside of what Arenanet have told us during their Guild Chat presentation.

Anyway it is probably because Arenanet want to introduce some vertical progression which is in line with those changes that doesn't force a new type of game play from increasing level or hunt for armour/weapon with higher level then Ascended/Legendary tier at level 80.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

...Where's Dailies at now? Chest of Loyalty? For the past decade you could quit and come back and nothing would be fomo but this feels like the devs have tried to force it into this game for no reason. Now you are forced to keep doing this new thing to keep up. 

Except for looking at which relic to put on my main alts, I haven't paid much attention to them. So other folks will have to talk about those. As for the Wizard's Vault and the new daily/weekly system, people have been screaming FOMO about all that since it was first introduced. I can't speak for anyone but myself but I find the accusation of "FOMO!" to be hilarious when it comes to the WV and those new dailies/weeklies. For me, there has been more than enough time for me to earn the astral acclaim to buy everything and anything I wanted out of the Vault. When it reset this week, the cosmetics went to the legacy section while the basic stuff, the stuff I'm interested in, like cheap gold, mystic coins, laurels, and Tier 6 mat bags all became available again. I've already gotten the cheap gold and mystic coins since the Vault reset so I could take a month or two off, come back, and still have plenty of time to get the laurels and T6 mat bags I want. So for me, there is no FOMO there at all.

As for the new dailies and weeklies, they were a bit clunky in the beginning but they have been slowly getting better. On my main account I do the WvW dailies/weeklies and always get them done easily without any muss or fuss. I also do the PVE dailies and weeklies on four alt accounts and that has been fun for me. They take me back to maps, metas, and world bosses I haven't played in a while and I enjoy doing them. That's just me though. Different strokes for different folks and all that. Some people like the new system and some don't but that can be said about almost everything in this world. Heck, my WvW guild has a running civil war going on between those who love pineapple on their pizza and those who gag at the very thought of such a thing.  😂 🍍 🍕 😂

• Like 1

Runes: They wanted to separate the full stack bonus from the stats on runes, and put the bonus effect onto relics so you can mix and match the stats and the effects. What ended up happening was they flat out removed some of the more popular rune effects, didn't give them suitable replacements in the eyes of many players, left the tooltips for the relics somewhat ambiguous as to what the do, tied many of the effects to the usage of elite skills, and annoyed many of those players who had their legendary runes stripped of part of their usefulness.

Daily Login Rewards: You actually have to play the game a bit to get the rewards. In my eyes, this is a fine change. The choices of dailies that can be completed are not as flexible as they used to be, however, which is not a fine change.

The changes have been met with overall mixed reviews.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

You left but your past threads show that you are/were both present for the SotO launch as well as aware of both the rune as well as daily changes (and critical of them).

When has lying and intentional misleading become the norm for honest conversation or criticism?

Has pushing a personal agenda become so important to some?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 38
  • Haha 1

So long as the meta shifts towards certain relics, and game shaking updates like Rune/Relic split don't become the norm for expansions, I suppose Relics are fine. My fear is that a new player will log in, be confronted with a load of "options" they don't have the numbers/context to navigate, and make suboptimal/unfun decisions that will drive them away.

Because, you have to remember that GW2 is easily the most forgiving mmo in regards to quitting for long periods of time, and coming back like nothing ever happened.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Where's Dailies at now? Chest of Loyalty?

The world has moved on without you and things still change.

I had a break of 7 years.
It was much, much more difficult to get back into the game and it took a lot of effort to reach a standard to keep up with the majority of the other players.

If such a small change puts you off, then you don't really want to play. Adjust or let it.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Looks like this thread is ready to be closed. You are creating your own false echo by repeating the same talking points over and over again in new threads. There's probably something in the forum rules about that. We get it. You don't like it. So move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

In my case, it stopped me from logging into the game regularly.

Same. I used to login every day—both for the daily reward and to see what PvE dailies were available. (I do not PvP or WvW.)  Now I rarely login at all. Only Arenanet knows how the change has impacted overall player engagement. All I can is for myself it's severely curtailed my enjoyment of the game.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

If you were engaging with the game before WV then the change will have benefited you greatly - more and varied rewards for doing the same things as you always did. If you were only logging in to claim the daily login rewards then your leaving will have no effect on player engagement metrics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

35 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

If you were engaging with the game before WV then the change will have benefited you greatly

And the people who are annoyed by both the red point in the top left corner, as well as having to use that disgusting mobile-esque UI, instead of being able to right-click a wiggling chest above the minimap, are impacted by this change as well, in a negative way.

And only having five dailies, instead of 12 across all modes is a downside as well.

There are clear negatives that came with this change that didn't have to be.

It's not a rose-tinted "if you play this game, it's positive change for you".

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 6

Personally I find it sad to find out that there are people out there, whom could spend half a year actively complaining about new expansion, including the claim of "soto made me quit again", and then decide to make threat pretending to just be coming back from a break and unaware of things they kept complaining about very actively for past half a year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

The world has moved on without you and things still change.

I had a break of 7 years.
It was much, much more difficult to get back into the game and it took a lot of effort to reach a standard to keep up with the majority of the other players.

If such a small change puts you off, then you don't really want to play. Adjust or let it.

I could get you back into the game for 30g, if you made poor gear decisions before you quit (because the scholar/berserker meta never fell out of favour). Hell, I've jumpstarted new players with less given the availability of bargain bin exotic level 80 gear on the TP. You seriously overestimate the standard of player gear, many of whom probably still take their level 60 level up uw gear into t4 fractals lmao.

19 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

You were here after the release and already complained about these. What's the purpose of pretending you're just now learning about these changes after the break? Just say you still dislike it, what's with this wierd made up story?

And what on Earth happened to runes

What do you mean "what happened to runes"? You know what happened to runes, you were here to comment on it before and after the relic release.
Again, what's with the "I totally just learned about it and it's all so new and surprising to me!" angle? 😄

How is this any more of a "fomo" than the previous daily system?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2