Racial mounts would be nice.

Tiviana.2650

I have an idea you could add racial mounts to the game. We could do a story and collection to get our race mount. I never understood why we dont have them. Im not talking reskinned skins i mean real mounts. Like for Norn the mount could be a bear , for Charr a devourer or charr car/tank, asura could get a golem they ride inside or cube, sylvari a butterfly or lightning bug or maybe a flower , humans i think its time for a horse, or even a warg. I think it would be nice to have mounts pertaining to where we come from

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

I think the reason we don't have racial mounts is that GW2 mounts are not interchangeable, they each have their own unique abilities and the game doesn't restrict abilities like that by race. They wouldn't make 5 generic mounts that are functionally a raptor with a different model, but they also wouldn't make mounts with unique abilities that only 1/5 of characters could use.

Although in terms of lore raptors, springers, skimmers and siege turtles are all human mounts, since it's humans who breed and train them, just not humans from Kryta.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tiviana.2650 said:

I never understood why we dont have them.

Probably because you never gave it any deeper thought on how the design logistics would apply to your idea. Especially without clashing with the general AN philosophy, where race is only supposed to matter for visuals and your personal rp/story.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

i'd rather have a skinpack of "Racial" themed mounts, rather than a unique mount just based on race.

In other MMO's sure, mounts are just Glorified speedboosts, so it might make sense to have a mount designed around a specific race, since they all behave the same;
but in GW2, all current mounts mechanics are unique, so having 5 mounts that behave differently depending on your characters doesn't work

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jaken.6801 said:

I made a Sylvari themed Sylvari recently and it was shocking how there weren't many skins fitting that theme. Even with gemstore.

Players have been asking for a fern hound jackal skin, or a full set of sylvari/plant mounts pretty much since PoF was released and it's never happened.

They did make the Mordrem Alpha Jackal Skin, but there's no getting away from the fact that it's a modrem wolf and not a fern hound, especially with that skull head. So yeah, we're still stuck with few/no suitable mount skins.

• Like 9

We already have racial themed mounts though?
Asura: Exo-suit Mounts pack - Synergetic Mount Skins - Primus Beta
Norn: ShiverPeaks Mount Pack - Primeval Mount Skins
Sylvari: Mordrem Alpha - Primal Spirit
Charr: ???
Human: ???

I would like to see more of  themed sets though and more individual themed mounts. Charr mounts could be diesel punk inspired, I'm not certain what human themed mounts would be though. Perhaps they'd have a little pack to represent human adventurous spirit or something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Racial mounts? No. We have all the mounts we need.

Racial-themed mount skins? Yes, please. More of those would be lovely. (Throwing in my vote - again - for the fern hound jackal skin.)

This. I don't see the need for specific mounts, but would love to have a quest/achievement collection to unlock a racial mount skin here and there.

They could include doing various events around that's race's home maps/regions.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

This. I don't see the need for specific mounts, but would love to have a quest/achievement collection to unlock a racial mount skin here and there.

They could include doing various events around that's race's home maps/regions.

Casting my vote in for this specifically. I'd love to have more reason running around home and helping out again. Could even make it up as a sort of "mini-personal story" situation.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Kiki.9450 said:

A bear would make a great warclaw skin (as someone who doesn't do WvW).

I was thinking about that and Warclaw would seem the best fit for a bear.

Only slightly related, but I would love to see the Warclaw's speed increased in PvE to make it comparable with the raptor and jackal. I think you'd see more of them running around if that were the case. That would make the warclaw skins in general more desirable as well.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

I was thinking about that and Warclaw would seem the best fit for a bear.

Only slightly related, but I would love to see the Warclaw's speed increased in PvE to make it comparable with the raptor and jackal. I think you'd see more of them running around if that were the case. That would make the warclaw skins in general more desirable as well.

This would be nice, just to give a bit more variety. There's some very nice warclaw skins out there that we'd see much more of if this were to be implemented, like the nian and grimalkins.