Can we get a weekly raid for wizards vault?

Artemis.8034

Can we get a special or weekly that is clear a raid wing? You do it for every other mode of gameplay, how about people that like to raid getting some wizard vault action? I think its sad that you abandoned raids and the people that play them so many have left the game, it would be nice to have something.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

People screech REEEEEE to the high heavens when they have to do a mini dungeon. 

Imagine a weekly raid or a special task to do a raid boss. 

I'm already deaf thinking about it.

Strikes were in wizard's vault and noone said the word-

15 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But it would greatly boost raid sales.

This is reason why raids unlikely will be in wizard's vault. Someone told me that on reddit is screen of LFG for raids and amount of raid sellers is too damm high.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Strikes were in wizard's vault and noone said the word-

This is reason why raids unlikely will be in wizard's vault. Someone told me that on reddit is screen of LFG for raids and amount of raid sellers is too damm high.

Strikes a kitten easy. 

Just do one of the 3 easy IBS strikes. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

This would cause a backlash of massive proportions. 
People heavily dislike being funneled into a gamemode they don't want to do.
It is why WvW was removed from World Completion and it is why we still have complaints about having to do WvW for Gift of Battle.
Fractal: You can hop in on your LA fashion build in a T1 and get your weekly. 
Strikes: Hop naked into Icebrood Construct and collect your reward.

No such things for raids.
I understand that you'd like this when you are a regular raider, but do understand that you are part of an utter minority in the game.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Strikes a kitten easy. 

Just do one of the 3 easy IBS strikes. 

You had SOTO strikes there and ppl were fine with it.

Also raids in GW2 are also kitten easy. Both of us probably know ppl which run raids as 5 man groups, cuz you can and at least it is challenging.

There is several ways to increase raiding population.

• improve LFG tool – easier matchmaking and group creation help a little
  • introduce "story" mode raids – this would probably helped most, story dungeons are good example, more ppl even see that content and this could be used in Wizard's vault Special tab
  • take raid bosses tone them down a little and reintroduce them as strikes – this could help ppl learn boss mechanics faster, also would mean that strikes become real in between step to get into raids
  • Like 6
  • Confused 11

There would be way too much backlash....if you look at posts here on the forums, and take those with a grain of salt, many players already complain about anything that takes longer than five minutes total to complete.  

They have not added the more complicated jp's, raids, etc.  They've kept it pretty friendly, and still people complain about the mini dungeons.  I could see it being on the special tab, for the quarterly WV, but not a weekly.  Strike missions are more inviting for the majority of players and easier to join. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

Also raids in GW2 are also kitten easy. Both of us probably know ppl which run raids as 5 man groups, cuz you can and at least it is challenging.

• introduce "story" mode raids – this would probably helped most, story dungeons are good example, more ppl even see that content and this could be used in Wizard's vault Special tab
  • take raid bosses tone them down a little and reintroduce them as strikes – this could help ppl learn boss mechanics faster, also would mean that strikes become real in between step to get into raids

Essentially though this is what strikes are....watered down, one boss raids.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

The easiest raidboss is way more difficult then the easy strikes. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

They already introduced the "emboldened" feature to take care of easy mode for raids; I seriously doubt any further dev time would be spent trying to make them even more accessible than they already are, considering people still try to avoid doing them even with that in place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

People screech REEEEEE to the high heavens when they have to do a mini dungeon. 

Imagine a weekly raid or a special task to do a raid boss. 

I'm already deaf thinking about it.

31 minutes ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

This would cause a backlash of massive proportions. 
People heavily dislike being funneled into a gamemode they don't want to do.
It is why WvW was removed from World Completion and it is why we still have complaints about having to do WvW for Gift of Battle.
Fractal: You can hop in on your LA fashion build in a T1 and get your weekly. 
Strikes: Hop naked into Icebrood Construct and collect your reward.

No such things for raids.
I understand that you'd like this when you are a regular raider, but do understand that you are part of an utter minority in the game.

Putting the whole "we can't do it because someone would complain/screech about it" aside*, what if that raid wing clear (weekly?) was an additional option instead of something that replaces the other options? Is this still a problem?

Edited by Sobx.1758
*which I disagree with as a meaningful argument anyways, because someone always screeches about something
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Putting the whole "we can't do it because someone would complain/screech" aside (which I disagree with as a meaningful argument anyways, because someone always screeches about something), what if that raid wing clear (weekly?) was an additional option instead of something that replaces the other options? Is this still a problem?

Yes. 

People will see a reward they can't get. It doesn't matter if that's true or not. 

"Why are you forcing us to do raids????" 

Topics will pop up alot. 100%. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 4

Yes. 

People will see a reward they can't get. It doesn't matter if that's true or not.

They can get it if they'll play more of the game's content. This is not any different than anything else (outside of things like "dodge 3 times" dailies) put in the objectives. I can claim I can't do anything I dislike too, doesn't stop those objectives from being there.

It absolutely does matter if that's true or not.

"Why are you forcing us to do raids????"

Topics will pop up alot. 100%. 

Nobody will be "forcing" anyone into anything because there's already more AA to be gained than needed per "season" and it will be easly skipped for anyone who doesn't want to do it.

And, well: so what? Topics complaining about virutally anything are popping up all the time. What meaning is that "topic popping up" supposed to have?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Elden Arnaas.4870 said:

Hopefully Anet has come to terms with the fact that everyone isn't going to raid.  No matter what the motivation.

If raids get their own Wizard's Vault category, fine.  If they try to lump them in with regular PvE, this will surely cause backlash.

100% Agree. I hadn't even considered Raids as their own category in Wizard's Vault, but that is a nice idea. (have a cookie)

Instanced content rather than open world related. The same with strike missions, I see them in a daily and think "oh god, fine let's get it out the way" or most of the time i just kill caravans in WvW and go back to PvE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

Can we get a special or weekly that is clear a raid wing? You do it for every other mode of gameplay, how about people that like to raid getting some wizard vault action? I think its sad that you abandoned raids and the people that play them so many have left the game, it would be nice to have something.

I'm not against it being added in addition to what we have.  I think I'd also like to see a daily raid wing for extra reward.  Maybe tiered so you get additional gold for each boss and a larger final reward.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Artemis.8034 said:

That's not true. Dungeons are not included, either. 😛

I'd definitely love to see more variety in WV. If Anet is afraid of players being unhappy with raids being added, they should give us more choices. Instead of 3/4 dailies and 6/8 weeklies, they should give us like double the choices (but with some kind of cap on AA obtained).

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1