Are you sure you want to destroy 'This stupid item with an ungodly long name whose skin you already have unlocked thus defeating the point of this very item'?

ESO I think have you type in something like DELETE or CONFIRM for a few specific items, but at least that is a fairly short word to type in compared to some of the long item names in GW2.

The requirement of typing in items names to delete them in GW2 is anything but consistent (some items which are safe to delete require it, some items which probably should have that confirmation do not).  And then there are items with typical 2s sell price despite them being much more valuable than that so players could accidentally sell them to vendors.  And then there are various items that could very well have a 1c value so that they could be sold instead of destroyed, but don't (hatched chilis come to mind, or obsidian shards, or any number of account bound items)

• Like 1

We ought to really come up with a list of annoying items that should be  instantly destroyed. They did make the wintersday junk instantly deleatable and I think they used to be not.

As of now, I have a mule character slot, so what I do is pile all the junk on a  single character and delete the character. Sometimes I have too many Halloween pails from the WvW reward track so I pile that on to make more space to throw away even more junk, sort of like a garbage bag. You can also buy 8 slot bags that cost barely anything on the TP.

Of course, many people are not going to bother with a disposable character slot. I only had one because I used to do Key runs.

It is also possible to link the offending item in chat, and copy paste from the chat box but you still need to delete the brackets.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

20 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

We ought to really come up with a list of annoying items that should be  instantly destroyed. They did make the wintersday junk instantly deleatable and I think they used to be not.

Can we please get the ability to deposit Essence of Luck to mat storage? 

On a related note, why is it I can quickly drop off, say, some fire to light a fire thing, but then like 1,000 yards away, when I bring some scrap back to a guy, he's like:

Guy: Thanks for the scrap!
Me: It's not problem. [click]
Guy: No really, the entire map appreciates it!
Me: Really, don't mention it.[click]
Guy: I can't begin to tell you what this means...
Me: Seriously, there is a creature gnawing at my ankle now. If you let me go, I'll bring you a 2nd scrap.[click]
Guy: But you don't understand how appreciative we all are!

😐

• Haha 2