Would you consider Palworld equivalent to GW2

Do you consider Palworld to be similar to GW2?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. ArenaNet and PocketPair are not really big corporations putting pressure on the game to be a certain way. So in the ideas and the vibe of the game, do you think GW2 and Palworld are similar.

• GW2 and Palword idea generation feels similar
    • GW2 and Palworld idea generation does not feel similar
  2. 2. MMORPG term is loose, not really any definite definition of it, GW2 is an MMORPG would you consider Palworld to be an MMORPG? It is coming release raid boss, raid boss that too is loose, but commonly known to MMORPG right?

• Palworld does feel like an MMORPG like GW2
    • Palworld does feel like an MMORPG but not like GW2
    • Palworld does not feel like an MMORPG
  3. 3. Should GW2 take some ideas from Palworld. A lot of mount abilities, companion/pal, base building, being raided by enemies(enemies attack you randomly, its base being attacked), the visual combat new ideas. Something chases you and explodes, massive laser beam, grass attacks and you jump over them, etc.

• Yes I would to see some things that are in Palworld to be in GW2
    • No I would not like to see Palworld ideas in GW2

I feel like Palworld and GW2 are similar curious to see what others think.

Arenanet gets a lot of ideas I think mainly because its somewhat small or niche company. Pocketpair I think is same.

There are some small companies they take on an existing game, but both GW2 and Palworld are brand new so the idea generation is really good, don't have to follow guidelines and original vision of some game that was transferred to you, instead its a new game, you do you. I feel that with GW2 and Palworld.

Feel like both games push innovation too, like GW2 meta events, and mount system, racing etc.

Palworld using the pals as a glider and riding flying etc. Also machine gun pal ability and so on. Kinda feels GW2ish to me.

Palworld combat reminds me of Hearts of Thorn, the other expansions not so much but HoT, that expansion had a lot of pay attention what the enemy is gonna do. Like the side rolling dinosaur mobs. I think some mob runs into you and I feel like there was an exploder mob, it was crazy in HoT. Thats how Palworld kinda feels like.

I don't know how to dodge the massive laser beam though in Palworld, be interesting to see stuff that in GW2. GW2 Soo-Wong tidal waves. Suppose she could have done a laser beam attack too.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, uberkingkong.8041 said:

I feel like Palworld and GW2 are similar curious to see what others think.

I feel like you should play more video games.

If you enjoy Palworld, I would suggest looking into "Survival Crafting" Genre of games. Ark: Survival Evolved is similar. Nightingale is in early access, so that might be one to look into.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Nate Anabe.6091 said:

So its Battle Royale Pokemon?

No, more survival with friends.  You craft, build bases, collect creatures.  It can be a single player game or small servers with other players.  It's cutesy.  

"...but both GW2 and Palworld are brand new..."

GW2 launched in 2012 and had been in development since 2006, following the original Guild Wars.  There is also nothing brand new about ArenaNet, they have been developing games for over 20 yrs.  Never heard of the game you are talking about but glad you are enjoying it.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Xelqypla.6817 said:

I feel like you should play more video games.

If you enjoy Palworld, I would suggest looking into "Survival Crafting" Genre of games. Ark: Survival Evolved is similar. Nightingale is in early access, so that might be one to look into.

I agree with this. I haven't played Palworld but from what I've heard about it there's very little similarity to GW2 beyond being a 3D computer game.

Also no, raid bosses (and raids generally) are not specific to MMOs and certainly not what defines the genre. The clue is in the name: Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game. An MMO is an online, multiplayer game with many more people sharing the same maps than normal multiplayer games. I don't think there's a specific player count, but most multiplayer games have teams of 5 or 10, MMOs can have hundreds of players on the same map and thousands on the same servers, all able to interact. To be an MMORPG it also needs to be a role-playing game, not a survival crafting/shooter game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I never thought about putting a Pokémon clone next to an MMO.

Whether Digimon is a "Pokémon clone" or not is debatable, but there are/were a handful of Digimon MMORPGs.

This means, lining up "Pokémon clones" with MMORPGs is indeed possible.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Whether Digimon is a "Pokémon clone" or not is debatable, but there are/were a handful of Digimon MMORPGs.

This means, lining up "Pokémon clones" with MMORPGs is indeed possible.

Rangers wish their Longbow had this much reach. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I kinda wish gw2 would take itself less seriously. Less "save the world", more "omg I have a hangover. Wait, where did I park my tank?". You see aspecs of this in the base game, in lws2, and in the lws5 prologue. 

Palworld is fun because it is chaotic and allows for some horrible player cruelty potential, either for laughs or just to see if you can. Like catching Humans in palspheres, which, while possible, the game outright tells you that's not okay.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Confused 2

I have not played Palworld but watched enough positive and negative reviews and play through of it to be able to answer this.
Does Guild Wars 2 need some revitalization? Yes.
Do you really want it to be like other games not even related to the genre? No.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Surelia.2651 said:

"...but both GW2 and Palworld are brand new..."

GW2 launched in 2012 and had been in development since 2006, following the original Guild Wars.  There is also nothing brand new about ArenaNet, they have been developing games for over 20 yrs.  Never heard of the game you are talking about but glad you are enjoying it.

Brand new as in the game series. GW2 is a misfit actually. It's kinda like Palworld in since, some people say its like Palworld is like pokemon, but its quite a bit different. Just like GW2 is like GW1, its quite a bit different than GW1.

Anyways, no large corporation is constantly pushing the game to make more $$$$ rather being fun.

One other thing Palworld has a lot of newer games have too is sliding down hills. Should GW2 have sliding feature? To stay with the modern games, like Palworld, Fortnite, Quake Champions, etc.

I'm kind of shocked by the results, Palworld is releasing 'raid bosses', raid bosses is an MMORPG type of thing I thought, overwhelming amount of people saying Palworld is nowhere an MMORPG though so that is interesting.

What is also interesting GW2 introduced 'raids' later too, makes you wonder what is raid, what is so special about the term raid? Like GW2 has dungeon, fractals, strikes (in the general MMORPG scene, like other MMORPG, how would you describe fractals and strikes along with dungeon, to differentiate it), and raids. What the heck are fractals and strikes, and raid on top of that? Whats up with the terms if you know where I'm getting at.

Edited by uberkingkong.8041
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, uberkingkong.8041 said:

Brand new as in the game series. GW2 is a misfit actually. It's kinda like Palworld in since, some people say its like Palworld is like pokemon, but its quite a bit different. Just like GW2 is like GW1, its quite a bit different than GW1.

Anyways, no large corporation is constantly pushing the game to make more $$$$ rather being fun.

One other thing Palworld has a lot of newer games have too is sliding down hills. Should GW2 have sliding feature? To stay with the modern games, like Palworld, Fortnite, Quake Champions, etc.

I'm kind of shocked by the results, Palworld is releasing 'raid bosses', raid bosses is an MMORPG type of thing I thought, overwhelming amount of people saying Palworld is nowhere an MMORPG though so that is interesting.

What is also interesting GW2 introduced 'raids' later too, makes you wonder what is raid, what is so special about the term raid? Like GW2 has dungeon, fractals, strikes (in the general MMORPG scene, like other MMORPG, how would you describe fractals and strikes along with dungeon, to differentiate it), and raids. What the heck are fractals and strikes, and raid on top of that? Whats up with the terms if you know where I'm getting at.

GW2 is not "new".  It's an over decade old game.  It's not a misfit, it just lacks the advertising  budget of games like WoW.  

Palworld is a single player or co-op player game.  The lack of a very large, social community is one big difference.  Many types of games have raids, bosses, etc. which are influenced from the OG games like Dungeons and Dragons.  That doesn't make them all MMORPGs.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uberkingkong.8041 said:

I guess I'm just not seeing how GW2, a game that is entering its 12th year and is also a sequel to another game that is nearly 20 years-old, could be called brand new.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2