[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

• the option to show allied players health bars outside of squad so I can heal in open world meta effectively or assist players in need without constantly hovering over their name first
  • assist target option for all individual players instead of only having the target call out tool
  • option to turn off critter and neutral mob names but keep aggressive mob names visible
  • add seconds to the combat timestamp log
  • option to change text font used ingame for name bars of objects and enemies
  • bigger maximum camera zoom out distance
  • endless gathering tools for all alt characters on purchase
  • remove transmute from the gem store and just make it an ingame gold thing, it's horribly outdated and cumbersome
  • option to stop camera auto alignment when mounted and moving
  • stop fall damage from making you 'enter combat'
  • faster gem store rotation, let me impulse buy instead of waiting for months pls
  • tag useless items as junk instead of trophies, it confuses new players
  • let players change primary 1-5 skill position on the hotbar
  • auto refund gem difference if an item goes on discount within x days of purchase, it must be a burden on your support staff for all the requests
  • add shared inventory slot for those who bought the expansions in a bundle as they are currently unobtainable forever if you made that purchase
  • if you're wearing an outfit have the char wear it while you transmute weapons
  • ability to pin crafting recipes to top
  • ability to set favorites for minis, backpacks, gliders, outfits etc. and have them show first in list
  • ability to save dye templates (entire 4 square block of dyes)
  • ability to drag character preview in inventory up and down or zoom in out as large weapons for norn are outside the window when previewing for transmutes (staff, greatsword etc)
  • ability to change account handle or hide it from forum / not mutual friend list.
  • if you're in a heart / quest zone show the activity zone (outline) on the minimap
  • make elite specs stand out more in the third specialization slot in the build menu
  • 'only show squad interface while in a squad' option
Edited by Pheex.8932
  • Like 3

Once you reach max MF Essence of Luck are becoming more a nuisance than a bonus... The options to use them as currency are much too scarce 😞

It would be great to have a permanent Emissary from the New Year Festival selling goods, especially Mystic Clovers.

Prices could be changed to compensate for more frequent Clovers buy, for instance: 100 exo essence per Clover with a limit of 2/day (like Fractal vendor)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

How about an increase guild slot license from the gem store. Which offers 2 free guild slot spaces. Because the guild cap we have right now is kinda unfortunate, for a game called “Guild” wars 2. 

I had to say good bye to one of my guilds I had been in for years to make space for WvW alliances. My old guild understood the reasoning, but come on.. let’s get this license gem store item going 👍🏾

We have deposit all Material from bags which is nice. Can we get another option that opens all loot bags as well? So instead of right click on a stack and use, just have a button that does that like deposit all Materials.

Just saw the QoL post...Can I move this post over there?

Thanks

Edited by Fuhma.6840
  • Like 1

I'd love for all resurrect skills to be able to affect defeated NPCs. "Search and Rescue!", Function Gyro, and Illusion of Life would all become more useful in the open world if they could revive NPCs. This would also make it easier to get used to the skill effects. (You would have to watch out with Search and Rescue, though, because you can teleport an NPC, call off your pet, and repeat to move defeated NPCs across the map.)

Deceptively complex QoL request.

Most classes make heavy use of the Fn keys, and many people rebind them to keys closer the WASD set. Problems arise when you try to play different classes; my Engineer and my Ranger rely heavily on F5 (as a Holo and a Druid respectively), Ele needs F1-4, Mesmer needs the same, Guard doesn't use above F3, Warrior doesn't even go above F2. Half the classes can weapon swap in combat, the others can't. If you wanna get really serious with a Mirage, you need to rebind your Elite skill, but no other class (apart from maybe the Bladesworn) wants to do that.

Other MMOs allow you to reposition skills around your action bars, but GW2 does not (e.g. both a tank DK and a Fury Warrior in WoW, I dragged my engage skill to 1, my main DPS ability on 2, conditional DPS ability on 3, interupt on 4, 5 and 6 for cleave skills, 0 for heal and - for stunbreak). I get why GW2 is different, specs are balanced around far tighter control (and the pay off is every skill can have a far higher power budget). But with this, each skill on a character becomes so much more important, especially mode switches like Necro Shroud or Photon Forge or the Bladesworns Gunsaber; and these are rarely on the same key.

So you can only optimise a keybind layout for one or two characters; I main my Holosmith Engi and occasionally take my Druid into endgame PvE, and the only reason I can do both is both have their critical mechanic on the same key (default F5, rebound to MB5). I cannot unify, say, the Default F1 modeswaps like Rev Legend swap, or Warrior Bursts/Gunsaber, because they correspond to Toolbelt-Heal for all Engineers, and Set Pet on Current Target for all Rangers. And now we have Bladeswon, with a double mode switch, from weapons to Gunsaber on F1, and then Gunsaber to Dragon Trigger on F2.

So can we please have a per character keybind over-ride list, so that we can play multiple characters to an enjoyable level, without having to break all our keybinds every time.

• Like 2

If this ever is added I hope it's an option players can enable or disable as they choose and not a blanket change for the whole game.

I'm the opposite to the OP, I much prefer having the same keybindings for all my characters because then I always know where that key (and therefore that skill) is. In games where key bindings are different for each character I waste a lot of time having to load each one to copy over any changes I make, so I don't end up in combat with buttons not working as expected. In some games I've downloaded an addon to automatically copy the keybindings because it's annoying to have to do it manually.

• Like 2

I'm trying to complete a bunch of Achievement Collections right now, and it seems the only way to check the Trading Post is to input the name of items manually.

I would like to suggest that players can right-click items in the achievements pane to open the relevant page in the TP.

That is all.

• Like 4

Okey, any upgrade for Trading Post's search would be nice, but with Achievements - I would rather like an option to see connected achievements with an item also when it's listed by any merchant/NPC (the same as currently the inventory has, where you can just right click and see if an item has any achivement).

So, yes, I would take this idea, to just make the right click menu available in more places.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 QoL requests..

1 - an option on salvage tools to salvage all identified only items.

2 - a way to override/bypass the confirmation popup when salvaging rare/exotic, like shift-click or something.

3 - in garden plots, show the name of the plant when growing, so instead of "Growing Crop" -> "Growing [plant]". This would make it much easier when replacing with different seeds.

Edited by Veneficus.2317
added request item
  • Like 3

I am a huge fan of fashion wars with that being said I love collecting the outfits and armor skins in game. I am aware that there is a large group of people who prefer armor skins so they can create their own outfits and I have an idea that could maybe bring a bit more customization to outfits. There have been a lot of awesome head armor skins that have came out this year and it would be super dope to have a double toggle for the outfits helmet. To where I could hide the outfits helmet but showcase the Helmet underneath. For example (I could be wearing the Starborn Outfit but I could toggle its helmet off and showcase the Conjured Starlight Hat while wearing said outfit or many of the halos/horns.) I think this could bring great flexibility for outfits and give more incentive to purchase both outfits and armor skins. 

Maybe something a little bit more challenging since some of these may be built into the geometry: Toggle shoulder skins on outfits some of them have a little bit to much going on with the shoulders/collar areas. 

• Like 3