[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Unlike Gifts of Aurene, Ascended Boxes such as Drakkar's Hoard, Pile of Regurgitated Armor and Tequatl's Hoard aren't stackable in the invetory. Afaik, every single ascended box in the game is stackable currently, but those 3. 

Some people like hoarding them / holding onto them for later use and have multiples in their inventories, eating up a lot more space than intended / needed. 

I think they should be updated for the sake of consistency. It should be as easy as changing a "non-stackable" tag to a "stackable" one, right? 

There's also absolutely no cons to it, it is a very much needed QoL improvement for edge cases that change absolutely nothing for those who don't care about hoarding said items or don't have that many of them. I should not be forced to instantly choose an item the moment I get awarded those boxes. 

There are other items (such as salvage kits and inventory bags) that should also be stackable, but might be much more complex to update due to how they interact with other items.

Drakkar's Hoard, Tequatl's Hoard and Pile of Regurgitated Armor should function the same way other Ascended Boxes do, the technology is already there.

21 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Transmutation charges are inexpensive. 

If someone only play pve with 1 main character, and love styling, they r extremly expensive

Or how do someone get monthly at least 12 of them with 1 character that got all maps on 100%?

Edited by moony.5780
  • Confused 3

When we make an asura toon, one of the skin color choices is albino

I would really like this color to become a dye

The closest dyes in the game are icing and white, but icing is too dark and white is too bright in the day

And when night comes, they also become really dark. I want a dye that stays the same in day and night

I don't know if it would be a vibrant, natural leather or natural metalic dye, but it would be nice if we could have all 3 types as 3 different dyes

If it could only be one, make it vibrant

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dye/By_Material

+1 to this, I have thought for quite some time that if you didn't want to use a skin straight away you should be able to both store the skin in your wardrobe and get a transmutation charge to use at a later date without keeping hold of the item.

An even better solution, in my opinion, is to ditch transmutation charges entirely - if you have something unlocked in your wardrobe, you should just be able to use it any time without worrying about burning through a limited resource.

I understand the original idea behind them was as an additional generator of income, but I honestly can't believe that they make much money from selling transmutation charges. (Obviously I don't know the figures, maybe since they have kept them going for so long I am totally wrong on this.)

• Like 2

Yes, this is needed!

Usually when I get a new skin, I don't want to use it right now.
For this reason I always have to destroy it because of no space.

Just replace the destroy option with a convert button that destroy the item and gives you a transmutation charge.

Edited by Zentao.6314
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jura.2170 said:

When we make an asura toon, one of the skin color choices is albino

I would really like this color to become a dye

The closest dyes in the game are icing and white, but icing is too dark and white is too bright in the day

Agreed! I'm forever tweaking my draconic wings glider skin on my albino Asura to try and get it to match his skin. It gets close under some lighting, but not others.

That might be the skin material, though, come to think of it, rather than dyes not matching.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arven the protector.5824 said:

Maybe the possibility for pressing I or H in the character select screen would help when looking for things on a specific character.

GW2Efficieny is able to search your account for specific items and let you know which character they are on.

Not to diminish your suggestion in any way. Would totally be nice to do this from within the game client. Just in case you wanted a solution until ANet implements something, if they do.

Can we please please have the combat tonics still be applied automatically upon dismounting? Like the ranger pet merge

Asking because the tonics are impossible to be used with mounts. Can't mount in wvw to dismount someone else, can't mount in pve

Not asking for tonic to be on while on a mount, just want the tonic that I had before mounting to be there after I dismount

That's all, ty

Edited by Chaos.8460
  • Like 1

This has probably been said before (in fact, searching "otter" is how I even found this thread) but can we please have a way to get more Otter Enrichments? Even if it's buying a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) with laurels like we do birthday stuff, I just want to have my Swimmy Boi on all my toons. I'm an altoholic. They need to all know the beauty of his adorable fins swimming about.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 12:56 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Play the game.  Convert gold to gems.  You can buy 5 for 150 gems.  That's pretty cheap.  You can also exchange BLC statuettes for them.

If you are changing your style on one character 12 times a month, perhaps you might reduce that?

Its not 12 times but 12 skins...thats either 2 armor sets only or 1 armor set and 5 weapon and 1 backpiece. Also the 55g for the 5 shards is pretty much i think compared to WvW or PvP. Also how do u get blc stattuettes if u have the map on 100% and cant get new keys? The droprate for keys is very low.

6 hours ago, Shadamehr.1284 said:

Solo instance for The Mad King's Clocktower so your view isn't blocked by chunky charr and big arsed norns

That is odd, I am running medium settings and all my opponents appear a little blue flames while I am actually jumping in the clock tower.  How are you seeing the other player models during the actual jumping portion?

• Like 2

I personally would pay to have a Class change option in the Gem Store.  I know I cant be the only person to have started and been on and off the game for years only to find that the  class they have the most progression on is one that they are bored with...  IE: I have a Sylvari Necro that I enjoyed like 5 years ago, but now I am looking at having to start from scratch just to try my Mesmer.. or to make a Ranger, and I hate the idea of losing all of my previous progress because I am bored with a class.  

I get not allowing race change, that is tied to the Personal Story, but Class change wouldn't affect anything.  

• Like 1

A very minor thing and probably has been mentioned:

More character icons visible at the bottom of the character screen. On a 16:9 screen, even when the UI is set to the largest scaling, there is space for at least 10-11 icons.

Edit: also enable mouse scrolling on them.

Alt parking ftw.

Edited by MikeG.6389
  • Like 3