Cyrin.1035

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only time.I don't have any to

• make or find a group
  • explain tactics
  • make Tries with different ppl
  • try to keep the whiners...err...players together...
  • give attendance to a guild.

Maybe in the future with a dedicated group but currently i can't afford to lose that much time.I prefer to spend 1h doing wvw instead.

@Lucifer.7289 said:

@"Ahlen.7591" said:The biggest problem with GW2 raids is that if a player didn't start raiding near the beginning, good luck finding a pug/group. If your LI is low or non existent no groups will want you.

Yeah pretty silly, gw2 is a pretty casual game, even end game raiding compared to other MMOS, the whole "no group" if low Li is nuts. With that said there are tons of experienced guilds taking new people for raids. Getting full ascended gear to be raid ready is sooo easy these days, all a group has to do is teach a new player mechanics.

Yeah it's for sure possible but as someone who raids in several games GW2 is probably the hardest to break into.

Which is super weird considering how flat the progression is.

They just aren't fun or challenging. They can be completed in masterwork gear if you know the fights (cause they are static encounters).I think it's funny that people consider this "elite" content. Is it interesting, depends on the day.Since I can't dedicate a set time every week to raiding, the attitude of people in pug raids make it so that I would rather not. I don't care how "good" the people in your pug group are, I am not macro'ing all my abilities into 1 or 2 buttons just to join your group.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Also should state that, I have only 2 classes I'm comfortable with. The rest of them I can barely survive/deal with in PvE.That said, from the 2 classes I'm comfortable with, one of them would never be able to Raid, which would be my thief.Pistol theif would get kicked out before I even load into the raid area.The next is Necro and/or Scourge (I never liked Reaper and will never like Reaper).

Necros are another if they see the symbol they would kick out.

So there's 0 chance of me ever getting to see a raid.

Back when I started raiding I did it with a marauder daredevil. Had just started with the game and was my first ascended set after hunting down achieves everywhere for it. I got in a guild that took me even with a subpar gear build like that and after a couple weeks of raiding twice a week I was comfortable enough to start migrating into full berserker's, the first month went by and I was killing every boss in wings 1, 2 and 3. Fast forward to now and I got two legendary armor sets made and enough for the third, tried every class and geared every class too even though I only just pug a full clear on reset night. What changed the game for me was joining a guild and maybe that'll help you; you'll fail, you'll most likely cause wipes and you will learn from it as long as you want to learn. I wouldn't give up

So you're saying there's a guild out there that would allow a Necro to raid? I only have a few ascended at the moment (right now working on getting 1 more ring and 1 more amulet from living world maps to have all ascended accessories and have 3 out of 4 ascended weapons on me. My armour is still exotic though).I've always been a condition Necro since the beginning as I liked playing condition so I've been playing/aiming for Vipers.

Still not sure where or how to get someone to not go "Lol, Necro? No. Eat skritt and die." or something.

Do you know about groups like the Raider's Inn?, they take noobs of any kind and help them get up to speed. There's also the subreddit for recruitment but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it.

If you're on tonight I'll whisper you and get you some more groups, I don't mind. If you wanna try you will get your chance, I guarantee it.

I have a Power Reaper, everything is Ascended, the armor is Valk while everything else is Zerker, my weapons are Great Sword/Axe/Dagger.

All of my toxicity towards raiders is based off of people telling me Reaper is trash even though it is not only viable it is noob friendly and enables you to stay alive longer than a glass cannon QTFY hero build that would enable me to DPS the dirt for half the fight on account of being dead.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Also should state that, I have only 2 classes I'm comfortable with. The rest of them I can barely survive/deal with in PvE.That said, from the 2 classes I'm comfortable with, one of them would never be able to Raid, which would be my thief.Pistol theif would get kicked out before I even load into the raid area.The next is Necro and/or Scourge (I never liked Reaper and will never like Reaper).

Necros are another if they see the symbol they would kick out.

So there's 0 chance of me ever getting to see a raid.

Back when I started raiding I did it with a marauder daredevil. Had just started with the game and was my first ascended set after hunting down achieves everywhere for it. I got in a guild that took me even with a subpar gear build like that and after a couple weeks of raiding twice a week I was comfortable enough to start migrating into full berserker's, the first month went by and I was killing every boss in wings 1, 2 and 3. Fast forward to now and I got two legendary armor sets made and enough for the third, tried every class and geared every class too even though I only just pug a full clear on reset night. What changed the game for me was joining a guild and maybe that'll help you; you'll fail, you'll most likely cause wipes and you will learn from it as long as you want to learn. I wouldn't give up

So you're saying there's a guild out there that would allow a Necro to raid? I only have a few ascended at the moment (right now working on getting 1 more ring and 1 more amulet from living world maps to have all ascended accessories and have 3 out of 4 ascended weapons on me. My armour is still exotic though).I've always been a condition Necro since the beginning as I liked playing condition so I've been playing/aiming for Vipers.

Still not sure where or how to get someone to not go "Lol, Necro? No. Eat skritt and die." or something.

Do you know about groups like the Raider's Inn?, they take noobs of any kind and help them get up to speed. There's also the subreddit for recruitment but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it.

If you're on tonight I'll whisper you and get you some more groups, I don't mind. If you wanna try you will get your chance, I guarantee it.

I have a Power Reaper, everything is Ascended, the armor is Valk while everything else is Zerker, my weapons are Great Sword/Axe/Dagger.

All of my toxicity towards raiders is based off of people telling me Reaper is trash even though it is not only viable it is noob friendly and enables you to stay alive longer than a glass cannon QTFY hero build that would enable me to DPS the dirt for half the fight on account of being dead.

Would also be that it's "trash" in their eyes because there isn't even Reaper up on Necro builds on quantify anymore it seems.

I could have selected several of the offered options, as well as other reasons.

• As time-light as GW2 raids seem to be in comparison to old WoW raids, I no longer have the patience or willingness to sit through group forming, storming, norming and performing -- even though pug groups seem mostly to skip the storming stage and the norms are already set.
  • Too many egos, mine included.
  • My holdover guild from GW had a lot of GW PvP players. By mid October, 2012, they had decided GW2 PvP was not going to compete with the PvP games they'd been playing up to GW2 launch. By the end of October, the guild was dead. While I've joined other guilds since, I haven't really established the same level of connection, not that any of those guilds would be raiding, anyway.
  • I haven't got the interest to min-max and gear a build and perform a complicated rotation. Raids require dedication. I doubt dedicated players want me around, so I could take the high road, and stay away, or the low road and try to do enough to fake my way into a raid. I choose the high road.
  • I don't like contrived mechanics, and too many mechanics in video games seem contrived
  • The excessive light show in GW2 whenever more than 3 people attack the same mob is off-putting in the extreme. Even if all of the other issues were somehow to change, this one would keep me from raiding. I can see and time things just fine when solo or with a couple of friends, but in harder content where the need to time actions properly while flinching away from the headache-inducing flashes on-screen would hamper my already disinterested performance.
  • I am not, I suppose, a typical MMO player. I tend to want to limit my play time, and don't really care about long-term goals. Raids are designed for a player demographic I am no longer part of. Fortunately, GW2 offers me enough to do without going into raids.
  • While I might like access to Ascended equipment via raid currency (i.e., without crafting, which I find less interesting than watching paint peel), I don't really play video games for pixelated rewards (I said I was not a typical MMO player).

@Menadena.7482 said:One of the things that attracted me to GW2 was no raids. Good for people who like them, they have something they enjoy, but I do not feel I should have to give a reason why I do not participate in a certain piece of content. Consider the following:

What keeps you from PVE?What keeps you from PVP?What keeps you from WVW?What keeps you from dungeons?What keeps you from role playing?What keeps you from doing the story?

Was the OP (or anyone else) feeling a bit defensive about any of those questions?

You do not have to give a reason for not participating in raids anymore than anyone else has to give a reason for not participating in the other forms of content you list.

Personally I just dont have a sufficiently consistent schedule of my own to be able to commit to a regular group. Add in the lack of appealing rewards (I think that legendary armor is some of the least attractive I have ever seen in any game) and there is little justification for pursuingthe the game mode even if I do have some interest.

I stay away from raiding:

1. Because of the types of people that raid
  2. Because everyone I've had conversations with about raids tells me the same story - they're long, boring, overly-complicated, not fun, and "my team sux".
  3. I don't see any value in the rewards for the time and frustration investment.
  4. The only people I see in LFG for raids are selling them - which I despise.
  5. I feel like raids should have been open-world, open-ended meta-based content (like the DS event in HoT).

I play what I want, regardless of "meta" or what ever other criteria people might have. I refuse to download another chat program, so not only have I not downloaded TS and Mumble on this new PC, I will not download Discord either...so there's that. Otherwise I really don't care, though it would be nice to uncover those zones on my main characters map, they''ll remain uncovered just like the guildhalls.

Enjoyed it enough when i did it with old guild members before the group fell apart finally, i was originally asked to be a filler. After that sort of didn't care since i was still somewhat burned out from all the years of raiding i did in WoW. On top of that being only a solo class player for the most part (healing druid), makes it hard to want to bother with the raging/toxic bullshit i've seen in some the pugs i tried joining earlier on.

Archived