GW2 Martial Arts training

Natto.5819

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:At least they got it right.The logo IS a red dragon.

Does this mean though that the dojo is owned by Primordius? Do destroyers train you?Are there any dwarves in there to help you with the training? Who else would know how to fight destroyers other than dwarves.

I'm more concerned about how we can get close enough to do melee damage with kicks. Primordius is basically living fire. It's hard enough to put my roast into a pre-heated oven because of the heat. Imagine how fighting will be with a dragon the size of 2 football stadiums, and the heat index of the sun.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I posted the full GW2 logo on the martial arts FB page to let them know it was trademark infringement.

There's no way they didn't know. There was significant effort invested in those promo materials being made.

I look forward to the lawsuit. :naughty:

It's entirely possible they didn't know. You'd be amazed how many people, including professionals (not copyright lawyers or artists) don't realise that you can't simply take an image from the internet and do what you like with it.

While at work I've had literal arguments with people who insisted that only copyright-free images will come up on a Google Image search, or that Google holds the copyright to all of them and allows people to use them.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:I posted the full GW2 logo on the martial arts FB page to let them know it was trademark infringement.

There's no way they didn't know. There was significant effort invested in those promo materials being made.

I look forward to the lawsuit. :naughty:

It's entirely possible they didn't know. You'd be amazed how many people, including professionals (not copyright lawyers or artists) don't realise that you can't simply take an image from the internet and do what you like with it.

While at work I've had literal arguments with people who insisted that only copyright-free images will come up on a Google Image search, or that Google holds the copyright to all of them and allows people to use them.

Edit: sure wish we could delete comments....

@Umut.5471 said:

The owner should pay some money to a graphic designer and get his own company logo. It isn't even that expensive. There are tons of freelancers looking for work on the internet. One-time small cost can save you a lot.

@"Pimsley.3681" said:They will probably only get sued if they refuse a cease and desist order. No one likes lawsuits except lawyers. The best thing to do is hire a logo designer online for $100 and then have the new display made.

Its entirely possible they did hire a logo designer, and that "designer" stole the design off the internet and sold it to them like that. I've seen this happen before with Guilds/Clans hiring freelance artists, or paying one of their members to do the design for them on the cheap. With the major uptick of communities collecting membership fees to cover their costs, a number of bigger ones register as businesses or organizations in order to handle the money (above a certain amount, it becomes taxable and/or requires ledgers).

Archived