Do you watch GW2 trailers?

As for me I watched all of them, but on youtube I can see that any of those trailer had never reached 1M views. I thought that the playerbase of GW2 is pretty large so beating 1M views shouldnt be a big deal.

I know the trailers are usually showing the story, but look at the views of the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Announcement- the 22 mins video showing the stuff we were promised to get- mounts, story, the date etc.

I mean only like 376k people cared about the expansion?

Do you watch ANet's trailers? If yes- have you watched all of them, or just the ones you were mostly interested in: like you came to the game while Season 3 was happening and you wanted to catch up with the current trailers, than watching like old Season 1 trailers and you didn't watch them at all? Or maybe you don't want to watch them because you don't want to be spoiled? Or you don't like watching the trailers (even announcements that doesnt contain much spoilers) and you want to see the features in-game when they are released? Or you don't care about the trailers AT ALL?

I hope you will join the discussion and the poll, because it can turn a really nice one.

So here are the options:

I subscribe Guild Wars 2 on youtube, so I chose to get an email when any GW2 vids are showing up.

But it's kinda weird that you have to run through the forums, facebook, tweet, youtube to get a vid with the content/story etc.

When I think about it why it's like that??

I think there also should appear the trailer in-game, the news appear when you log-in GW2, but many people- including me just click fastest they can "PLAY" button.

The news like: "The trailer is available, click to watch it" in the right corner of the screen would be really nice addition.

None of the options really fit me. I very rarely make an effort to watch trailers because they almost never have any useful information that's not better presented in the accompanying announcement, in most cases it's either the same information in a different format or it's just a few flashes of images intended to get you excited for the next release.

I might watch it if I have nothing better to do when I'm reading the announcement (like if I'm at work killing time while the computer does it's thing), and I watched the one for Season 4 Episode 2 because I saw so much speculation on the forum. But I don't watch them regularly and I'm not intended start doing that.

@"Arden.7480" said:I subscribe Guild Wars 2 on youtube, so I chose to get an email when any GW2 vids are showing up.

But it's kinda weird that you have to run through the forums, facebook, tweet, youtube to get a vid with the content/story etc.

I think there also should appear the trailer in-game, the news appear when you log-in GW2, but many people- including me just click fastest they can "PLAY" button.

The news like: "The trailer is available, click to watch it" in the right corner of the screen would be really nice addition.

A trailer is an advert - what's the point of advertising to people who are already in the game?

Also advertising the advert in-game sounds really annoying. If you want to make sure you see them you can check the news on the launcher or the front page of the website or use any of the other methods already mentioned. No need to spam people who are just trying to log in and play.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:I subscribe Guild Wars 2 on youtube, so I chose to get an email when any GW2 vids are showing up.

A trailer is an advert - what's the point of advertising to people who are already in the game?

Also advertising the advert in-game sounds really annoying. If you want to make sure you see them you can check the news on the launcher or the front page of the website or use any of the other methods already mentioned. No need to spam people who are just trying to log in and play.

Didn't they do something like that I think before Path of Fire launch? There was a adv for PoF in Gemstore with the trailer in it, so just a small reminder about the incoming episode would be really nice. Some of my guildies sometimes are surprised that there is a patch and they ask what's happening, what're the changes.

I am not asking for the spamming on the screens, but a 6-words message on the corner.

It would also be informative for the newbies, that they are entering the game that lives, that gives some new stuff.

@"Fluffball.8307" said:Anyone who reads the forums is going to watch the trailers. People who don't check the forums won't know a new episode is out until it tells them in game.

I read the forums....I don't watch trailers.

OP, your poll needed a simple "yes I do, no I don't", all the other wording are opinions which is more suited to a "describe why" box.

I don't ever envision myself being interested in trailers.

Personally, I don't like spoilers and do love 100% surprise. I am a veteran loyal client (from GW1 and GW2). No matter what will be the content of the packs, I will buy them. I have therefore no need for a teaser and prefer to get full surprise. After download, I even tend to turn off map chat to prevent spoilers from the players who rush at doing whole content within the first few days.

@Arden.7480 said:I mean only like 376k people cared about the expansion?

The amount of people that watched the/a trailer, and the amount of people who cared/were interested in the expansion are not the same thing.

I didn't watch any trailers (and don't for most things) for a few reasons. They often either don't really provide anything useful, or they take a long time to cover what could be read in a few seconds. Not watching trailers avoids disappointment if things shown in the trailer get changed / dropped by the time of release. Trailers are there to advertise or hype up the product (expansion in this case), and as I know I'm going to buy the expansions anyway, I don't need to be 'sold' them.

So just because I don't get hyped or watch trailers doesn't mean I'm not interested in the expansion.

I've watched all the trailers and will happily continue to do so.

For the record - to help you out with your question - I am on several GW2 related Discords and there people are quick to share the trailers as soon as they show up. I presume that some are just not interested in watching them, or want to watch a speculation video about them, but there is definitely interest among many players.

I haven't really watched them as I've found them to just be repeats of everything I already know about the story and about half a second flash of something from the new episode. no real info or anything.

saying that, after all the discussions with the marketing guy (don't remember his name), I did watch the last few and have to say it has improved to include more of what will be in the episode, features and such, so I might start watching them more.

Archived