No Downstate + Bonus Rewards Weeklong Event Coming 6/8

X T D.6458

@Justine.6351 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Can I vote out of the buffs and get a 50% pip gain increase instead?

My experience in WvW is that when someone goes down and they are by themselves, they might as well be dead. Except for Rangers and Necros. Although, its going to be annoying when a camp downs me and I can't rally off of a nearly dead npc.

Well, yes downed state carries those who grossly outnumber and still some how manage to drop.

-snip-

There must have been a lot of thought that went into this assumption. 10/10

I think you must be from a server that always gets instantly deleted without a close fight, that's why you think downstate is redundant.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Roxanne.6140 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Can I vote out of the buffs and get a 50% pip gain increase instead?

My experience in WvW is that when someone goes down and they are by themselves, they might as well be dead. Except for Rangers and Necros. Although, its going to be annoying when a camp downs me and I can't rally off of a nearly dead npc.

Well, yes downed state carries those who grossly outnumber and still some how manage to drop.

-snip-

There must have been a lot of thought that went into this assumption. 10/10

He is talking solo play. He is going to be grossly outnumbered. It's reliably beneficial to those that outnumber grossly.

The main problem is that good players will become OP as fuck and bad players will become weak as fuck. Neither yields good fights. The downed state allow some flex between player skill and how zerker vs bunker vs hybrids interact.

Without downed state... whats the point of playing against simply better players? You got no options, no flex for slackers. No tactics to try to catch ressers. Its just 100% attack or kite.

I dont expect 1v1 to be affected much, but casual havocs in the 5-15+ range will suffer dearly for this and basicly just be fodder for the larger groups. 25+ guilds will roflstomp everything and 30-50 zergs will simply swarm smaller groups for safety and probably not even try guilds or larger groups because they wont have the cohesion to push through the inevitable full AoE scourge bunker setup.

Still, it will be interesting to see it I guess... though I would have prefered a weekend. A full week is Golem Week all over again.

Its good to see Anet trying things in WvW, but the No downstate may actually backfire and turn the WvW maps into an EotM style K Train, where groups go out of the way even more to avoid each other,

At the moment ive seen 30-40 ppl groups avoiding combat just to K-Train, now take away the downed state, and its almost certain they are avoiding combat.

I can just see it now going to try and cap a tower/keep and it having 40 AC's waiting to destroy you, should have done a no downstate, no AC week.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@coro.3176 said:Function Gyro now does literally nothing.

At least you can stomp but yeah...eer wait.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

CusGameDesign

D:

My thoughts exactly.

GG Anet for giving us one more reason NOT to play scrapper...

@"Chaba.5410" said:This can't be worse than golem week. Or can it?

Think about it. This might encourage more use of golems due to the most likely increase of ACs next week. No one will want to get on a ram with 5-6 superior ACs raining down on them. Golems will at least give you a chance at say, taking SMC. Whoever T3's SMC will rule EBG all the more next week since you have to attack gates on inner. This week should have been combined with "No Arrow Cart Week".

@Jaruselka.5943 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

[...]Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

So much for all those peeps jumping onto healing scrappers, eh? Forget your function gyro! Can't even follow their own guidelines.

My thoughts exactly.

GG Anet for giving us one more reason NOT to play scrapper...Ben specifically said LARGE sections. I'm fairly sure I haven't seen more than 2 enemy Scrappers thought last week.

@Samug.6512 said:

[...]Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

My thoughts exactly.

GG Anet for giving us one more reason NOT to play scrapper...Ben specifically said LARGE sections. I'm fairly sure I haven't seen more than 2 enemy Scrappers thought last week.

Yep, it seems the idea is to remove any non meta thing from the map, even if it is a whole elite spec. I suppose it will make easier to balance.Why stop there? They can still change Holo into a Warrior elite spec, and remove Engie completely.Purity of purpose at its finest.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Susy.7529" said:So that means no updates on the next living episode 3 for the next week too, I'm really disappointed....they only put this event to delay the release of the new living even more. -.-'

The next patch/announcement day would be next week on Tuesday anyway. This has NOTHING to do with WvW or the next story episode being delayed whatsoever.

I don't think so, I think they put this wvw event so that next week they won't release any announcement on LS 3 because "You want LS3 infos? Hey, we already gave you wvw event for this week, settle down".

@Samug.6512 said:

My thoughts exactly.

You ever wonder why few people play engineer in the first place?

Maybe it has something to do with this kind of behavior and design.

@Dawdler.8521 said:The main problem is that good players will become OP as kitten and bad players will become weak as kitten. Neither yields good fights. The downed state allow some flex between player skill and how zerker vs bunker vs hybrids interact.

Without downed state... whats the point of playing against simply better players? You got no options, no flex for slackers. No tactics to try to catch ressers. Its just 100% attack or kite.

I dont expect 1v1 to be affected much, but casual havocs in the 5-15+ range will suffer dearly for this and basicly just be fodder for the larger groups. 25+ guilds will roflstomp everything and 30-50 zergs will simply swarm smaller groups for safety and probably not even try guilds or larger groups because they wont have the cohesion to push through the inevitable full AoE scourge bunker setup.

Still, it will be interesting to see it I guess... though I would have prefered a weekend. A full week is Golem Week all over again.

its probably a whole week because it effect points and thus the whole matchup and not just the weekendim all for no downstate, that stuff is overpowered anyways, ppl who drop in a bomb are dead meat anyways, the change will have more impact on smaller groups

do you know how many times ive fought outnumbered 1v2 or 1v3 and downed someone but just wasnt able to finish that downed? ppl can even rezz faster than i can cleave with full zerker gear or rezz faster than i can stomp, especially since i have no safestomp and ppl can just bomb me while i try to finish, not to mention some downstate classes are nuts

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

11 seconds of unblockable...good luck eles.

Pocket healer, and unlimited reflects, uh yea, try again

Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

I love that your argument requires a pocket healer. Every day I down firebrands and eles from the wall in a single burst. I know how to pick targets, I know how to/and when to use my skills. Your argument is like me saying: right as you go to cast meteor shower, random player 3 appears and moas you, you eat my burst and die. BTW, that actually does happen regularly.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:Soulbeast longbow burst...gonna be a fun week. I feel like I should just stand on tower walls and burst down every ele that tries to use meteor shower. Good luck getting back to the zerg to be ressed.

Just gotta run mistform, lol. Or have a aurashare tempest and chrono with you and just roll reflects, have fun killing yourself.

Reflect is a block check - I'll check back after I look up the definition of unblockable.

I can bait unblockable with arcane shield, I can then go mistform to wait out the rest, then dodge, twist of fate, dodge, twist of fate, then you have no unblockabled left, then my buddies can just roll reflects. Not that hard to counter unblockables.

Everyone can play perfect scenario game, you start casting, knockback, 3s daze, already unloading the unblockable burst.

Mistform is stunbreak, lol. knockback, mistform, negate 3s daze, pocket healer does his job, I dodge, you act like countering a ranger is hard, its like the easiest class to counter.

I love that your argument requires a pocket healer. Every day I down firebrands and eles from the wall in a single burst. I know how to pick targets, I know how to/and when to use my skills. Your argument is like me saying: right as you go to cast meteor shower, random player 3 appears and moas you, you eat my burst and die. BTW, that actually does happen regularly.

Every time you do Meteor shower its like you have a big target appear over your head so its not too far from the truth sadly. That and your going to need to run unravial or not be a weaver to be able to jump into earth soon enofe to throw up earth aura. (A massive nerf to dmg or giving up a utititly just to cast one skill.)

This is not going to be a good week for ele and the Anet devs. NEED to play as an ele all week ALL of the anet devs. The amount of info they could get from this to show them what wvw is like vs them going ranger every time with the best support effects from blob is nothing like real wvw experiences for most ppl who play it.

@intox.6347 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:So no ele week in wvw lol. I want the Anet devs to play ele for this week and steam it lets see how long they last.

they will be minstrel aura tempest :D EZ :D

Dose not stop unblockable and its still easy to kill and realty dose not "do" any thing for ppl sadly.

@"Jski.6180" said:Dose not stop unblockable and its still easy to kill and realty dose not "do" any thing for ppl sadly.

Im sometimes running it... frontline version dagger/focus (warhorn sometimes) and im dead mostly just coz im ressing somebody focused, or we failed push or something.sometimes i take staff and change to double soothing mist ( mostly when we attacking well defended t3 object)

Auramancer is good... not as much as minstrel fb... but im playing all classes different builds, dont like to sit on one.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

I love how your argument requires you to hide in structures.

Archived