Mystic Coins

@"Quirin.1076" said:Mystic Coins drop rate is a joke. They adjusted the drop rate after you needed 100's of them for Guild Halls. Oh yeah you need 250 of them to craft a new legendary, oh yeah you need 180 of them to craft certain skins in the game. Oh yeah you need at least 50 of them for most food recipes. You get one choice in the game now. If you want to take part of any of that content, you can either wait and farm "END GAME" content OR you can farm gold (AKA grind farming) to buy Mystic Coins off the TP. Oh by the way before HoT, you could not sell them on the TP. They were worth less copper on the TP than it was to vendor them. What Arena Net did was take a currency that was worthless for those who have been playing the game since launch, when they need gold they can sell them. Whoever thinks that Mystic Coins drop rate is fine is sitting on a stack of them and uses them to make gold by selling them on the TP.

Anyone that says farming for gold to buy Mystic Coins has lost sight that this game is based on "Living Story" so maps change and content goes away. If you are farming other maps for Gold you are not playing the game, you are farming gold to give to those who have been in game since launch and sell their Mystic Coins when they need gold.

I have been in the game for a while so I used to delete stacks of those things to free up space in my bags. My concern is that there is so much content that locked out for any new player unless they grind for gold. For New players the most you can earn in a Month - 20 maybe 21 if you know someone that plays - if you are an End Game player playing end game content - 25 to 26 if you do not work or sleep. Just Wiki the recipes that need them. lol Good Luck and I hope you enjoy farming gold.

Yes, it is strange for a new player to not be able to obtain things at the same rate as a veteran who knows how the economy works/is efficient at working towards a goal/has accumulated gold and materials, which is the result of years of playing. Strange, indeed. Farming gold is so easy at this game, that ecto prices went really downhill, and have been like this for a long time. New players should be happy sw and Istan exist. Those maps, while being a grind, make some things very easy.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Quirin.1076" said:Mystic Coins drop rate is a joke. They adjusted the drop rate after you needed 100's of them for Guild Halls. Oh yeah you need 250 of them to craft a new legendary, oh yeah you need 180 of them to craft certain skins in the game. Oh yeah you need at least 50 of them for most food recipes. You get one choice in the game now. If you want to take part of any of that content, you can either wait and farm "END GAME" content OR you can farm gold (AKA grind farming) to buy Mystic Coins off the TP. Oh by the way before HoT, you could not sell them on the TP. They were worth less copper on the TP than it was to vendor them. What Arena Net did was take a currency that was worthless for those who have been playing the game since launch, when they need gold they can sell them. Whoever thinks that Mystic Coins drop rate is fine is sitting on a stack of them and uses them to make gold by selling them on the TP.

Anyone that says farming for gold to buy Mystic Coins has lost sight that this game is based on "Living Story" so maps change and content goes away. If you are farming other maps for Gold you are not playing the game, you are farming gold to give to those who have been in game since launch and sell their Mystic Coins when they need gold.

I have been in the game for a while so I used to delete stacks of those things to free up space in my bags. My concern is that there is so much content that locked out for any new player unless they grind for gold. For New players the most you can earn in a Month - 20 maybe 21 if you know someone that plays - if you are an End Game player playing end game content - 25 to 26 if you do not work or sleep. Just Wiki the recipes that need them. lol Good Luck and I hope you enjoy farming gold.

Were have you ever had a mystic coin drop?

All I know are the daily login mystic forge daily and kill the big running anomaly once a day.

@Linken.6345 said:

Were have you ever had a mystic coin drop?

All I know are the daily login mystic forge daily and kill the big running anomaly once a day.

T4 CM, T4 chests, wvw weekly Diamond and gold chests, occasional mystic forge daily

I didnt read all the comments so sorry if this is a repeat but another easy way to get a mystic coin is from the daily mystic forger.

go buy 4 low level sigils or runes from the TP for under 1 silver and make sure there are no duplicates ( or save them from salvaging so its free) and throw them in the forge. you get 33% of your daily done and you get a mystic coin for 1 silver or free depending on what route you go.

Good luck in completing Aurora!

@Purgatori.3645 said:I didnt read all the comments so sorry if this is a repeat but another easy way to get a mystic coin is from the daily mystic forger.

go buy 4 low level sigils or runes from the TP for under 1 silver and make sure there are no duplicates ( or save them from salvaging so its free) and throw them in the forge. you get 33% of your daily done and you get a mystic coin for 1 silver or free depending on what route you go.

Protip: you can use duplicates, just split the stack by holding alt and dragging the stack to an empty inventory slot.

Getting them as daily login reward only is a bit too shallow imo..I see why they nerfed the amount of mystic coins in the game, but the fact you need 250 for gen 2 legendaries, + mystic clovers, and only being able to get a certain amount as login rewards, + one for ley line anomaly, but seriously, doing that everyday for just 1 coin is not worth it.

Absolutely agree with making them a daily reward for I don't care what.. The way it was around the festival of the 4 winds was absolutely perfect.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

@Purgatori.3645 said:I didnt read all the comments so sorry if this is a repeat but another easy way to get a mystic coin is from the daily mystic forger.

Protip: you can use duplicates, just split the stack by holding alt and dragging the stack to an empty inventory slot.

Thanks ;)

@Vavume.8065 said:I think mystic coins should be removed from login rewards and instead added to daily achievement rewards, offering 1 as a reward each day for completing any 3 daily achievements.

To replace the mystic coins from log in rewards a new item should be given, a black lion key fragment, each week you receive 1 fragment and combining 4 fragments gives you a black lion key. This will work out to 1 black lion key a month.

Why? That would just make the price plummet, making them easier to acquire for people building legendaries (i.e., presumably the most active, wealthy players) and removing a source of income for people selling them. What's the advantage here? To help the minority who want vanity items at the expense of the majority?

@Biff.5312 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:I think mystic coins should be removed from login rewards and instead added to daily achievement rewards, offering 1 as a reward each day for completing any 3 daily achievements.

To replace the mystic coins from log in rewards a new item should be given, a black lion key fragment, each week you receive 1 fragment and combining 4 fragments gives you a black lion key. This will work out to 1 black lion key a month.

Why? That would just make the price plummet, making them easier to acquire for people building legendaries (i.e., presumably the most active, wealthy players) and removing a source of income for people selling them. What's the advantage here? To help the minority who want vanity items at the expense of the majority?

The majority farming tons of gold from Istan, and could afford to sell coins for cheaper, but don't want to? Those poor copperless guys only making 10s of gold per hour.... :cry:

@"Quirin.1076" said:My concern is that there is so much content that locked out for any new player unless they grind for gold.

The content in this game is unlocked by:

1. Logging in and getting it for free.
  2. Buying the expansions with real money
  3. Buying it with real money if you didn't do step 1.

Your "concerns" are invalid.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Every 28 days (from login rewards), you get 20 mystic coins, for free. In a year, that's 260 m-coins, enough to make a legendary weapon.

You can get additional mystic coins without spending your own resources in a variety of ways:

• Using 35 (or 55) laurels per month (also from login rewards), buy Light Crafting bags, and sell the contents, using the funds to purchase m-coins. That yields 19-20 (or 30-31).
  • From WvW Skirmish rewards (2 from gold tier, 4 from diamond).
  • Daily anomaly (1).
  • 1-5 from Daily Automated Tournaments (PvP)

And of course, farming gold.

FYI If you were planning on investing your paycheck to supplement your in-game coin, purchasing a secondary account for US$30 (retail) might be a better deal. Currently, that would get you around 400 gold at the in-game gem exchange. You get about 45 gold/28-days from login rewards, so your secondary account would generate a minimum of that 400 gold in about 9 months. (Quicker, if you also spend 5-10 minutes some days doing dailies.)

The reason ANet generates the bulk of coins from login rewards is to help transfer wealth from the richest to the poorest. A limited number of coins means the price remains at a value worth selling, so those with gold end but insufficient m-coins are willing to pay those who have excess m-coins and want more gold. (Plus, it helps sink gold from the economy.)

Additionally, m-coins are one of the few 'stable' markets that feed into legendary gear. The prices of all other typical mats have dropped, while m-coins are roughly stable (up a bit).

In short, there's no economic or game play reason for ANet to change course at this point.

Don't forget daily mystic forger on occasion!

@irondog.4830 said: At this rate, they're never be finish, unless I go and make several fake accounts.

1. they are not fake accounts you actually use them. Log in grab stuff log out. =D
  2. Do the ley line anomaly for an additional mystic coin daily per account3. don't use mystic coins to craft clovers the drop rate is horrible now. Just play more PVP and WvW and get clovers through reward tracks (and wvw reward chests). Use mystic coins only as a back up.
  3. use your monthly reward chest for legendary mats (7 clovers)

I agree though clovers are the hardest thing to get and you need to put work into it daily so when you're ready to craft a weapon you have an ample supply.

I myself have 4 stacks of mystic coins saved up and i know its not enough for the things i want to make.It would be great if anet added a direct way to gain clovers per day. Skip the mystic coin bit and give me 1 clover as an optional daily reward (like HoT meta reward selection). New PoF Daily boss fight like Anomly in future LW episode map?? hint hint wink wink :D

p.s. If you're not crafting legendaries what's the point of saving gold? You'd just spend it on everything and be perma-broke.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

The majority farming tons of gold from Istan, and could afford to sell coins for cheaper, but don't want to? Those poor copperless guys only making 10s of gold per hour.... :cry:

You're bringing in a totally unrelated issue and pretending it has relevance. It doesn't. The point is that the people who want to buy coins are a rich minority. It doesn't matter if other people have other sources of income. Making coins cheaper benefits people who don't need the benefit, and takes money away from people, some of whom maybe do need it (your notion that everyone's in istan is both arbitrary and irrelevant). To contradict my point, you need to explain why people making legendaries tend to need assistance in doing so, such that it's worth taking money away from everyone else.

@Biff.5312 said:

You're bringing in a totally unrelated issue and pretending it has relevance. It doesn't. The point is that the people who want to buy coins are a rich minority. It doesn't matter if other people have other sources of income. Making coins cheaper benefits people who don't need the benefit, and takes money away from people, some of whom maybe do need it (your notion that everyone's in istan is both arbitrary and irrelevant). To contradict my point, you need to explain why people making legendaries tend to need assistance in doing so, such that it's worth taking money away from everyone else.

You did kind of miss the point...... but I wasn't trying to be clear with it. At any rate- Legendary weapons are something of an inevitable path laid out by the game's reward system. You pretty much can't get any more end game spending then collecting legendarys if you're even a part time completionist. What else are you gonna spend your collected gold on? Lowering the cost the coins by adding more avenues to get them, lowers the barrier for entry for everyone. And since crafting is the intended end-game money sink (because it sure as hell isn't gear drops), the more people pulled into the cycle, the more it drives TP activity, the more sinks gold with TP tax, and it sparks more farming/grinding for rare materials. The more people actively in this process, the better things are for the game's economy.... Anet knows this, and is the reason they try to manipulate the supply of certain materials when the bottle neck hinders trading and production.

@Kalendraf.9521 said:Are people seriously wasting coins to make clovers? mind-boggling

Not everyone does sPvP or WvW enough to make obtaining clovers from those reward tracks worth it. An hour or so of farming yields considerably more clovers (through coins) than 10 hours of reward tracks. Even if that turned out not to be true... one hour vs ten.