Berserker Warrior is broken/unfun/bad.

Crusader.7460

So question do we have to waith 3 months to get warrior berserker fixed? Or we get like some fixes soon? Devs? (The things that have been done feels like apris fool joke).Also if you guys feel the same plis post what you think is broken with warrior so mayby devs will do something soon with bersrker .

The change is stupid. I guess the Mirage dodge nerf isn't proof that ANET is improving.

ANET will always do their own thing and just fail horribly.

(If you're curious at my thoughts on the berserker changes, then TL;DR it lowered the skil cap and made it basic as hell when it actually had an okay skill cap with weapon swap cancels and stow weapons on the normal F1 and then finish with primal F1, or look at my past posts for more details.)

I find it kinda fun, but it definitely needs some additional changes. For being very glassy, only Arc Divider seems to be that good... other bursts are a bit underwhelming (and overall DPS so far is still relatively weak). The most annoying thing is missing core burst and being basically useless when outside of Berserk. Adding ways to recharge Berserk faster (by e.g. using rage skills outside of Berserk) could improve this.

• 3 years later...
9 minutes ago, Kleptomane.2798 said:

Indeed, no DPS anymore, it looks like a bad joke...

Did something recently change for Berserker? I didn't think it had been touched since pre-EoD.

ANet noted "August 23, focused on buffing a larger set of specializations" so we might see some changes--notes will most likely be Aug 14th-20th, unless we're super lucky to get them this week

On 4/24/2019 at 6:02 AM, cryorion.9532 said:

For being very glassy, only Arc Divider seems to be that good... other bursts are a bit underwhelming (and overall DPS so far is still relatively weak)

Axe & Greatsword have been the only weapons worth using for years (with longbow/sword the best condi options, mace being a niche condi option)

Disagree on it being unfun. Inflicting Decapitate(Axe F2) is the best feeling in the world! It is broken and bad, though. Thanks to Anet's glorious "rework", of course!

Honestly, berzerker mode needs to be a "get the hell away from me" form as it USED to be. Period. You can start with abolishing that wacked-out toughness penalty, pushing a direct damage reduction trait(-20% incoming damage) and a trait to heal yourself of each usage of a Rage skill.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Zerk is peak gaming. People simply don't discover the specs more with high skill gameplay. 

generally with all warrior spec, with only spellbreaker being slightly better.

anet think all warrior can not press more then 5 buttons or something.

and it's already after 3 elite specs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Well then, warrior council...what shall we do about this situation then? As it stands, this is his argument:

We welcome people from all walks of life. From the Book of Preparations for War;

”Come all ye who hath cast aside ye heathen ways and abandoned the crutches of thine own making. Come and raise up thine self until thy arms have grown thick like tree trunks, until thy back hath thickened such. Thine brothers in war shall aide the ascension of their new brethren, and through thine flesh shall flow the truth and the will of the Way.

Yet prepare thine self! For this path he tread is wrought with danger and fraught. For starting us not a matter of the strength of the body, but the strength of the mind, and through the strength of the mind, the body shall strengthen ten fold. And unto you, and those of the ilk of the Warrior, shall be given all the glories of the earth!” 

So it is written, so shall it be done. 

Edited by oscuro.9720

4 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

We welcome people from all walks of life. From the Book of Preparations for War;

”Come all ye who hath cast aside ye heathen ways and abandoned the crutches of thine own making. Come and raise up thine self until thy arms have grown thick like tree trunks, until thy back hath thickened such. Thine brothers in war shall aide the ascension of their new brethren, and through thine flesh shall flow the truth and the will of the Way.

Yet prepare thine self! For this path he tread is wrought with danger and fraught. For starting us not a matter of the strength of the body, but the strength of the mind, and through the strength of the mind, the body shall strengthen ten fold. And unto you, and those of the ilk of the Warrior, shall be given all the glories of the earth!” 

So long as he can recite the Warrior's Prayer I'm cool with the heathen Necro becoming a warrior.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

So long as he can recite the Warrior's Prayer I'm cool with the heathen Necro becoming a warrior.

Pretty sure most people here play almost all professions in the game, with some preference to stuff with more direct approach like warrior. So eh. 

22 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I missed this so much.