Preparing for Chef 500 (from Reddit)

@Wanze.8410 published the following tips/suggestions for preparing to rank up to ascended cooking next week. @Ojimaru.8970 published a summary of the stream (below).

tl;dr of Wanze's tips

• Expect some r400 recipes to be reset (the better to help you rank up)
  • Ingredients from those are predictable
  • Race-specific collections are required from r425-475

tl;dr of Ojimaru's summary

• Five racial "quests" to upgrade your cooking stations
  • Ascended food is account bound
  • The example food has a lot bonuses, including stats, karma, XP, magic find, gold find, and WvW XP

Other notes

• The collections/quests seem relatively simple and cheap.
  • The recipes are likely to be costly and pricey to produce, given the bonuses offered.
  • The human collection requires three (3) heat stones. Can be bought on the TP (~25g) or crafted, using a Dry Top recipe (~14g of ingredients). (Before the live stream: 7-8g on TP vs 9-10g in mats.)
  • Unclear whether the other racial collections will also require time-gated materials.

Wanze's Original Text

! > I made a watchlist on gw2bltc with all the level 400 chef recipes that are discoverable.! >! > Why?! >! > Because most likely, those are the ones you need to discover in order to gain enough crafting xp to make it to level 425, when Sous Chef Seimur Oxbone takes over your progression with building your own galley and I wanted to have them in one place for quick reference on Tuesday.! >! > For those who havent been playing when ascended weapon/armorcrafting went live, some info on how they designed the leveling process:! >! > Leveling those professions from 400-425 was pretty easy and cheap, you basically just had to refine a bunch ore into ingots or scraps into squares etc. until you hit level 425 and refining stopped giving you crafting exp. But then you had to start discovering recipes for exotic gear (discovery gives you a lot more crafting EXP compared to crafting an already discovered recipe again), which was pretty expensive because each exotic item you crafted required a couple of gold in mats.! >! > Cooking is a bit different, since there is no refining available to spam (no pun intended, i mean the verb, not the ham) but that doesnt really matter that much since discovering/crafting cooking recipes is a lot cheaper than exotic armor and weapons.! >! > Just like with ascended armor and weapon crafting, I expect Anet to reset your already discovered level 400 recipes (any recipe that isnt auto-learned or learned through a recipe sheet), so you can discover them all again and gain the exp for it.! >! > So based on how they handled it 5 years ago and on the info they gave on stream today, I expect the whole leveling process to look like this:! >! > 400-425 re-discovery of lvl 400 recipes, probably 10-20 dishes total, depending on buffs! > 425-475 finishing the collection for each race for your galley! > * 475-500 cooking of ascended food! >! > Bon Appetit!! >!

Callouts

People who contributed the gory details above...

! @Ojimaru.8970 (providing livestream summary)! @Wanze.8410 (BLTC watchlist)! @Ashantara.8731 (reminding us to prepare heat stones, for profit or just to be ready)! @Rasimir.6239 (confirming that primers work on these foods)! * @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" (confirming duration of food to be 1 hr, duration of in-world item to be 5 min)!

Links

@Ashantara.8731 said:Something to add: Don't forget to craft 3 Heat Stones before Tuesday so that you can have them ready at once. :)

Good tip.(That was also revealed in the livestream.)

The materials in the heatstone are worth roughly 12 gold (pre-stream; 15g today). The stone itself was trading at 7g before the stream; it's already up to 21-29g.

@"Ojimaru.8970" posted their summary of the dev streamhttps://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/cui9ls/cooking_500_ascended_food_devstream/exuy2em/

Stream summary
  • Start by leveling Cooking to 425
  • Seimur will send you a letter, asking you to prepare a new dish, Chef's Tasting Platter, and meet at the Home Instance
  • Seimur appears in all race Home Instances, for all characters on the account, standing next to a new cooking station
  • The goal is to upgrade the cooking station, with a total of 5 upgrades over 5 storylines
  • The completion of each storyline gives you 10 ranks in Cooking, with a total of 50 ranks
  • Ascended materials needed for collection include: Bloodstone Bricks (x10), Heat Stone (x3), Dragonite Ore (unknown), Spiritwood Planks (unknown), and Deldrimor Steel (unknown)
Example: Human Storyline

! > Talk to Sage [Cooking Trainer] in DR (near Commons Waypoint)! > Cook Flatbread (x1), Chocolate Omnomberry Cake (x1), Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root (x1)! > Your character has to make these at the cooking station next to Sage, AFTER talking to him. Pre-prepared stuff MAY not work.! > Afterwards, talk to Luron on Dwayna Low Road! > Bring Heat Stones x3! > Then head to Mount Maelstrom and put the Heat Stones in magma! > Return to Luron! > Give Bloodstone Bricks (x10)! > When done, if you head to the Home Instance, a Deliveryman will walk to the cooking station, and upgrade the oven into a sparkly Bloodstone Brick oven (to Seimur's utter dismay)! > The upgrade is a dramatic visual change

Shopping List (Human Storyline)

! > Cassava Root x10! > Stick of Butter x2! > Chocolate Bar x1! > Head of Garlic x1! > Vanilla Bean x2! > Omnomberry x2! > Egg x1! > Milling Basin x1! > Milling Stone x5! > Lotus Root x1! > Packet of Salt x4! > Bag of Sugar x2! > Jug of Water x2! > Bag of Flour x1! > Packet of Backing Powder x1! > Jar of Vegetable Oil x1! > Bottle of Soy Sauce x1! > Glass of Buttermilk x1! > Packet of Yeast x1! > Heat Stone x3! > * Bloodstone Brick x10

Ascended Food
  • Food lasts 2 hours (verification needed) Seems like 1 hour instead
  • Food are all account bound
  • Food are all feasts
  • Uses new feast model, which shows all the available ascended food models
Example Ascended Food: Spherified Cilantro Oyster Soup
  • 500 Cooking
  • Glob of Gelatin, Bowl of Vegetable Stock, Oyster, Cilantro (new ascended herb, probably from the station upgrade)
  • 66% Lifesteal of Crit, +45 all stats, +10% Karma, +5% Exp from ALL sources, +20% MF, +20% Gold find, +10% WXP

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Something to add: Don't forget to craft 3 Heat Stones before Tuesday so that you can have them ready at once. :)

I expect all of the 5 race specific collections/quests to require some kind of timegated material, just like the Heat Stone. Clay Pots seem to be a time-gated crafted item that would make a lot of sense being used in upgrading a kitchen, so you might want to start crafting those as well and farm geodes in dry top for it if you need or buy some while they a still relatively cheap.

EDIT: Grow Lamps could be required as well, considering you are making a patch to grow your own ascended herbs.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:so the foods wont have higher stats? only the extra karma, xp, etc? meh boring.

It will have super high stats. You should take a look at the video: +45 to all stats, +Karma, +XP, +MF, +what not (at least 7 or 8 different things). Also, it won't be personal food but plates that everyone on the map can use, at least according to the video.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:so the foods wont have higher stats? only the extra karma, xp, etc? meh boring.

Its what they said all along how are you supriced mate?

Didn't see anything about the stats until the stream xD

@Ashantara.8731 said:

It will have super high stats. You should take a look at the video: +45 to all stats, +Karma, +XP, +MF, +what not (at least 7 or 8 different things). Also, it won't be personal food but plates that everyone on the map can use, at least according to the video.

yeah I mean higher stats like 120 power instead of 100 for example.Those bonus to karma, magic find, exp wont make me spend any gold on that food for sure.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:

Its what they said all along how are you supriced mate?

Didn't see anything about the stats until the stream xD

yeah I mean higher stats like 120 power instead of 100 for example.Those bonus to karma, magic find, exp wont make me spend any gold on that food for sure.

Insert power crepe meme

@Ashantara.8731 said:

We already have +45 to all stats food (which also gives - 15% condi duration). But it shouldnt give more stats, powercreep is already insane. The extra bonuses in MF, wxp etc are a fine addition.

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:Insert power crepe meme

I hope that is on purpose and not a typo, because it is glorious.

Thanks OP for this thread. The warning to make heat stones means I got one made, can do another this evening, and then a final one on Monday to get ready for Tuesday (won't be in game Sunday post reset). I hope it's a one time need, not something per each race questline ...

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:This whole 400-500 seems like a complete waste if it's just feasts like a cheaper scribe type thing. Tons of us will lvl it to 500 but like it will always be the same 3 dudes per server that actually supply the feasts in wvw or pve since it will most likely be a couple gold per to make. They really should of had individual portions as well but we'll see.

Agreed, at this point I'm extremely underwhelmed by what we know so far.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Rubi had 50 of each deldrimor ingots and spiritwood planks. I'd try to hit that before Tuesday. Extras can be sold off Tuesday after the prices spike.

The nerd in me stopped the you tube in various stages to see if i could work out want I might need. No stranger to time gates but I do hope you don't need 50!

@Dami.5046 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Rubi had 50 of each deldrimor ingots and spiritwood planks. I'd try to hit that before Tuesday. Extras can be sold off Tuesday after the prices spike.

The nerd in me stopped the you tube in various stages to see if i could work out want I might need. No stranger to time gates but I do hope you don't need 50!

I'd be surprised if you do. Those are Dev clients and always come with ample of whatever they will be using.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'd be surprised if you do. Those are Dev clients and always come with ample of whatever they will be using.

Yes.If it is 50 so be it. However I'd rather use that for making armour/weapons rather than food I can't sell for a profit and only lasts an hour.

Archived